ESA tribunal

Jac1669
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have a read around the forum we have lots of members who have been to tribunals and from what I've read it's really nothing to be terrified of. Very few people have reported anything other than the tribunal being helpful and listening to them. Though it's a bit late, you could also read the sticky in the Benefits forum about tribunals. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hello jac, welcome to CAG.

You've posted in a forum about CAG itself, so I've moved you to the benefits forum. I expect the guys will be along over the course of the day with comments for you. Here's a link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?415376-ESA-tribunal

Thank you to RMW for getting this started. :)

Illegitimi non carborundum

If you have a read around the forum we have lots of members who have been to tribunals and from what I've read it's really nothing to be terrified of. Very few people have reported anything other than the tribunal being helpful and listening to them. Though it's a bit late, you could also read the sticky in the Benefits forum about tribunals. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

Thank u kindly

:Jac1669:

Easier for me to say than you to accept but there's nothing to be terrified of. Benefit tribunals aren't quite a chat round the kitchen table, but they're nothing like a formal courtroom either. Most tribunal panels are well used to stressed appellants and make allowances for nerves. From my experience, you'll find the personnel at the tribunal venue a lot easier to deal with than Atos/Jobcentreplus. The video at #23 of the link below reflects my personal experience of tribunals for employment n support.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?386694-resuming-esa-after-atos-assessment

I can't know what preparation you've already done for this tribunal hearing, but if you've not already done so, you've a few hours left to think about which criteria for employment n support with the support component you satisfy and why. They're listed in the ESA214 booklet at the sixth link of the guide linked to at #3.

Exceptional/special circumstances at pages 11 - 12.

Descriptors of activities that are relevant to the workplace at pages 26 - 28. You only need to satisfy one.

As examples of what you need to think about;

If you can't walk/wheel 50 metres, why not? Heart/lung disease or spinal problems? How does it affect your day to day life? Praps a carer drives you to the doctor, or you have groceries delivered cos you can't walk to the bus stop or round a supermarket.

Does anxiety cause you to 'lose it' if the slightest thing goes wrong? Should a bus not turn up, would you wait for the next one or be so anxious/depressed you'd give up and go home?

Work related activity a substantial risk to your health? What's likely to happen if you have to visit a Jobcentre or attend the work programme?

Come tomorrow, you don't need to make any special effort. Go out as you would for an appointment with your doctor or at the hospital. Be yourself and tell the tribunal how it is for you, day in and day out, cos of your disability.

Sincerely, Margaret. :panda: