• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Housing Benefit Suspended

d122y
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today, totally out of the blue. I've received a letter from the council titled: Suspension of housing benefit and council tax support

I'm currently on ESA for mental health issues and have no reason as to why they would suspend my housing benefit?

The letter reads,

I refer to your claim for housing benefit, I must inform that your claim has been suspended on **********. This is because we require a full update of your current circumstances?

My letter also includes me to return the following that apply to myself;

Proof of Earnings

Non-Dependant Income

Proof Of tax credit

Proof of employment and support allowance

Proof of all Capital

I'm really confused as to why this has landed on my door and for what possible reason? Maybe it's my illness kicking into over drive, but it's really got me worked up? Nothing has changed, I'm still the same as I was when I first claimed.

The only change I've made to my claim; getting the payments paid to me and not my land lord which was completed the week before xmas, I received a cheque.

Please help me

regards

Hard to tell. Could be a random compliance check - but I doubt it, as benefit would not normally be suspended.

More likely they have a doubt about your claim. For instance have received a tip off that you may be committing fraud or had a matching exercise with CRA's or banks come back with something questionable.

My first question for you to think about - how happy was your landlord to have the rent cease being paid directly to them? Is it possible they could be a bit upset?

Is there anyone who gets letters at your address or who could have taken credit at your address?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

It's a housing association, who I rent from. I can't imaging them being bothered how they get rent.

I would have thought that if they suspected me of fraud or had a tip off, they would have stated that in the letter as they believe I have a change in circumstances etc?

I have credit at my address in the form of one basic credit card, Mobile phone & Internet subscription.

I live alone.

It's a housing association, who I rent from. I can't imaging them being bothered how they get rent.

I would have thought that if they suspected me of fraud or had a tip off, they would have stated that in the letter as they believe I have a change in circumstances etc?

I have credit at my address in the form of one basic credit card, Mobile phone & Internet subscription.

I live alone.

If you don't have a private landlord then that theory is out.

Maybe ask the Council why it is happening.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

They don't work weekends. I'm going to be on edge now until Monday morning.

My ESA hasn't stopped - As I received it last night :???:

I've spent all afternoon using Google and people under suspicion have had totally different letters to this?

I'm just hoping it's linked to the change over with the payments being made to me and a check to see if it's up to date?

I think I've had one of these before, but my memory is terrible I vaguely remember asking for a proof of claim letter a year or two ago.

I'm just hoping it's linked to the change over with the payments being made to me and a check to see if it's up to date?

In an attempt to put your mind at rest.

It is quite likely that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing over at the council offices. Someone may well have seen the housing benefit being paid directly to you and figured it is an undeclared "income". If you are able to, I'd suggest going to the council office on Monday with proof of what they are asking for and insist on a favourable resolution with immediate effect.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

we can understand that your worried about this and as you have said councils dont work weekends.

it can be for a number of different reasons as advised in your thread the only thing you can do is wait until Monday to phone them up and ask them to explain why they need this info it might just be a compliance check but until you phone them you will not know and we cannot tell you as we dont know ourselves we can only give you advice on the information you have provided us with as someone else has said it might only be a random compliance check

it seems to be a standard letter they have sent you i know its going to be worrying but the best thing will be to phone them Monday morning and see why they have sent it to you then we can advice you further or give you more help if you need it

Hi, my advice is to start gathering all the information they have asked for, this will help you get back the feeling that you are in control. Be proactive and get everything in order, I promise that you will start to feel calmer when you have the proof in your hands. And remember you have nothing to hide, your proof letters prove that. Good luck and phone or call first thing Monday :D

It seems as if the Housing Association informed the council that they suspect I maybe working.

I'm not....

I've been informed the suspension will be lifted today and it's back to normal.

I can't say I've enjoyed having the letter arrive on Saturday morning, rendering me totally helpless until the Monday leaving me to stew.

The lady at the council offices made a smart remark about me being up at the crack of dawn and going there as soon as they open.

I had to politely inform her how this was serious to me.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Much appreciated

If anyone comes across this thread via a google search;

I think the answer to this question is - If you have done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about.

It seems as if the Housing Association informed the council that they suspect I maybe working.

I'm not....

I've been informed the suspension will be lifted today and it's back to normal.

A letter of complaint to the council raising concerns over how this matter was dealt with on the basis of spurious and unsubstantiated evidence is in order. A similar letter of complaint could be sent to the H.A. suggesting that malicious and unsubstantiated allegations made by their employees could result in adverse publicity or even more serious repercussions.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

A letter of complaint to the council raising concerns over how this matter was dealt with on the basis of spurious and unsubstantiated evidence is in order. A similar letter of complaint could be sent to the H.A. suggesting that malicious and unsubstantiated allegations made by their employees could result in adverse publicity or even more serious repercussions.

I wouldn't know where to start :???: Or what to say..