Ex Partners Jacamo account - now in my name? - CCA Request help?

m1k3st3r
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people sorry im not very good with this forum posting thing so if this is in the wrong place could admin move it for me :)

A while ago my ex-partner had an account with JACAMO then

a month or so ago i received a letter asking me to pay the amount owed on the account.

I contacted the debt agency whom told me that i needed to contact jacamo

i did this and somehow now the account is in my name.

i sent them a CCA request i think it is called using a template that came from your site.

Jacamo has replied with 4 different copies of my so called credit agreement

but where it says customer signature or date its just blank ?

I wrote back to Jacamo asking for an explanation to which they replied:

"We enclosed a "true copy" of your credit agreement, along with the current terms and conditions applicable to your account, to which you have agreed.

We have also enclosed an itemised breakdown of the account dating back to when the account was opened.

When responding to a section 78 request,

a lender does not have to provide a photocopy or other literal copy of the executed agreement

nor provide a copy bearing or some other proof of the customer's actual signature."

I dont how they can provide me with a form which i could have printed and say that proves that the debt is mine?

can any one elaborate to me what they are saying as it doesnt make sense to me surely i needed to sign something to say it was me accepting there credit?

what should i do now should i decline there requests for my payments or just set up a payment plan and accept it as i dont want to ruin my credit ?

many thanks

who's the debt agency too please?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

YOU SAY your ex partner had an account with Jacamo. Was your name on the account in any shape or form? Did you agree anything at all with Jacamo when the account was set up?

FS

To my knowledge the only thing I did was paid the bill using my card once due to her not having the funds in her account. we did live at the same address and the items were for us both if that helps...

the account in not in your name...not your debt!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A while ago my ex-partner had an account with JACAMO then

a month or so ago i received a letter asking me to pay the amount owed on the account.

I contacted the debt agency whom told me that i needed to contact jacamo

i did this and somehow now the account is in my name.

what should i do now should i decline there requests for my payments or just set up a payment plan and accept it as i dont want to ruin my credit ?

You say ex-partner, Were you married or use the same surname and if so do you both have the same starting initials in both of your forenames?

The account cannot be simply switched to you unless it was jointly opened, the DCA that is now chasing your contacting details that you provided, the DCA staff does not care who they get a payment out of as long as they get their 20% commision - stay off of the telephone and if they ring you, blow raspberries and hang up.

You also need to obtain a copy of your credit file to see if this account has been linked to you.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you