• Tweets

• Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more Ccj on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the Ccj come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - so effectivly if I'd have not took out the iva I 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years so as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off.    My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as misold or something that way I. Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -    Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer    Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting    It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 account Lowel about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway    If I can somehow remove the iva from my creitt file I'd be happy   
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Court papers received from SIP parking. - ** DISCONTINUED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the car park last night to check the signage and it is pretty abysmal to say the least, on entering the car park there is the large pay and display sign.

2013-12-12173439_zps8f8e9e3f.jpg

Next to it the price list.

2013-12-12173424_zps9a1e6675.jpg

Then after parking you walk to the machine and displayed above the machine is this sign.

2013-12-12173847_zps9b9ba6a4.jpg

2013-12-12173901_zpsdb789f20.jpg

There was no evidence of any contractual sign until I eventually found one hidden behind a huge sign advertising the car park but I had to walk around the car park searching for this sign before I eventually spotted it by accident, only by searching for it would you notice it.

2013-12-12174001_zps4f743cc0.jpg

2013-12-12173945_zpsf10c838b.jpg

Can our defence start with a video evidence of not seeing the contractual notice sign because it is so well hidden and then go on to the charge being not a true reflection of losses incurred, also on the sign above the pay point says "you must pay for your parking using pay & display machine or phone & pay service before leaving the car park", that is confusing in itself because it could be construed to mean you pay for 2 hours, overstay but can still pay the extra before leaving the car park?

I've just been back to the car park today and took a video and more stills of the site, on entering the car park there is not one contract notice on the whole of the right hand side and non on the walk to the payment machine, it is only on searching and walking round the site that I have found there are 3 in total, two hidden behind the large car park signs like the one pictured previously and one on the fencing at eye level, the problem with the eye level one was that it couldn't be seen because a large van was parked in front of it, the only way I have spotted it is because I went out looking for the signs.

There is no way you can see any of the signs unless you specifically go out looking for them.

The two signs that are behind the large car park signs are 6 foot 2 inches from the floor and eight foot to the top of the sign and the fonts are around 7mm.

Have you looked at the signage you have posted up here carefully? One of the signs states that the parking charge must be paid before leaving the car park. That is amobiguous as it could mean that ant fee due must be paid before you exit in your vehicle rather than just wandering off on foot leaving your vehicle there. therefore slapping a ticket on the vehicle is in breach of this condition so the company is misrepresenting their claim from the outset.

This doesnt alter the fact they cant be bothered to follow the protocols of the PoFA and then want to claim from you by using it as the reason for chasing the RK but will add doubt to what exactly the contract was and whether it was possible to breach it in the way expressed..

Have you looked at the signage you have posted up here carefully? One of the signs states that the parking charge must be paid before leaving the car park. That is amobiguous as it could mean that ant fee due must be paid before you exit in your vehicle rather than just wandering off on foot leaving your vehicle there. therefore slapping a ticket on the vehicle is in breach of this condition so the company is misrepresenting their claim from the outset.

This doesnt alter the fact they cant be bothered to follow the protocols of the PoFA and then want to claim from you by using it as the reason for chasing the RK but will add doubt to what exactly the contract was and whether it was possible to breach it in the way expressed..

Yes I have and I thought exactly the same, it is ambiguous and can be read two ways, also there is a sign saying the vehicle can be clamped and towed away, this is illegal and therefore the contract they are saying I have entered into is also illegal, I just need a little time this weekend to formulate my defence and I will post it up here first.

I don't know if you have looked at other threads on the Forum but in case you haven't here is a recent thread that ended in victory for the Member. Alter the wording to suit your own way of speaking and add any further points you have to further strengthen your case.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?392661-SIP-PCN-Notice-to-Owner-issued-**Notice-of-Discontinuance-received**/page3

The last case discontinued by SIP the OP over on MSE has posted the reply he got back from the BPA.

"I received an email from BPA today : "I have received a response from SIP Parking with reference to your complaint. The Parking Charge Notice has been cancelled. They have now amended their process so that they do not pursue these PCNs under POFA unless they are within the 56-day requirement." - so was that the trigger ?? "

It may be worth firing an email off to SIP stating that you believe they have made a commitment to the BPA AOS compliance team that they will not pursue under POFA if they are not within POFA's time scale. To avoid themselves and you any further expense and any counterclaim do they wish to discontinue this claim.

If you rely on that defence you will loose tbh

Really ?

The timescales to pursue anyone else but the driver of the vehicle for any kind of payment are very clearly laid out in POFA 2012. If they are using the POFA 2012 in order to make a claim against a Registered Keeper then they would have to stick to the guidelines. If claims were allowed to be made outside these limits you could be getting claims against you from god knows when.

Adding other info as suggested would obviously help, but to be honest the failure to issue an NTK in time should stop any claim stone dead in reality.

Make the BPA aware of the claim being made and inform DVLA with a formal complaint.

Pete

no, put in a bare bones defence and say that other evidence will be submitted in the prescribed time. You can use the words bare bones and it will be understood. You really already have that, timed out for chasing RK, thus no contract to breach as claim is against wrong entity. No loss shown by Co. Insufficient or misleading signage, etc. Abuse of process. No proof of express permission from landlord to allow SIP to make claims for damages in their own name and all other points raised on this posting and the others about SIP in particular but parking in general.

The big one is the no liability under PoFA as timed out

You should use their failings as listed by Ericsbrother to complain to the DVLA and ask why they are continuing to provide information to SIP when they are pursuing unlawful claims against the registered

keeper and have not even established whether they were the driver at the time. And not for the first time.

Send copies of all the documents to the BPA making it a formal complaint against one of its members, then send the same to the DVLA as a formal complaint stating a misuse of your personal data to coerce payment when not entitled to do so. Please follow up the complaints, the more complaints to DVLA regarding the misuse of Data the better.

DVLA email : [email protected]

Firstly this is what I intend to submit as a defence, can you look through it, make sure my wording is correct and check the relevant Paragraphs I have refered to in POFA are correct, is there anything I have missed or anything I should add?

We shall be defending due to the following discrepancies by the claimant.

Firstly the signage.

Under POFA 2012 guidelines the registered keeper should be advised within 56 days (Paragraph 8 sub paragraph 5) via an NTO, the parking charge notice was issued on XX/XX/2013 but the NTO was not sent until XX/XX/2013 which is 89 days as such there is no liability under POFA as the timescales have been exceeded.

There is no signage outside the car park intimating I am entering into a contract, it took 2 separate visits to the car park after the court papers were received to actually find the 3 signs, 2 of which are hidden behind larger signs and are at a height of 8 foot with 7mm fonts and the third at eye level is unable to be seen if a vehicle is parked in front of it, photographs will be supplied.

On the signage at the Pay and Display machine it states you are entering into a contract and the sign that is displayed states " You MUST pay for your parking using Pay and Display machine OR Phone and Pay service BEFORE leaving the car park" this intimates that after overstaying I can pay before leaving the car park.

On the signage at the Pay & Display machine it states " By entering and remaining on the property, you have agreed to the conditions and contracted with SIP Car Parks to be legally bound by them. SIP reserves the right to clamp and tow away any offending vehicles. CLAMP FEE: £90 + TOW TRUCK CALL OUT FEE: £50 TOW AWAY FEE: £250 + DAILY STORAGE FEE: £35".

As it is illegal for a private car park operator to clamp and tow away this makes the contract entered into illegal as you cannot contractually agree to an illegal act.

On the signage at the Pay & Display machine it states "Failure to acknowlege the above will result in the issue of a £90 parking charge OR your vehicle being clamped and towed away". SIP Parking Limited have issued a parking charge of £100 which is above what is stated on the signage at the Pay and Display machine.

The seperate Contractual notice signs which are away from the Pay and Display machines state a £100 parking charge will be issued contradicting the signage at the Pay and Display machine which states a £90 parking charge will be issued.

The signage is totally confusing with different signs showing different Fee's for the same parking charge, have illegal conditions attached and intimate you can pay before leaving.

Secondly the losses incurred.

SIP have not shown how the losses incurred amount to a £90 or £100 depending on which sign you read for an initial fee of £1 for one hour which was overstayed by 9 minutes, the losses are one sixth of an hour at most which is 17pence, how do they come to a fee of £90 when the actual loss is 17 pence.

Thirdly

SIP have not shown whether they have express permission from the landlord or owner of the land to make claims for damages in their own name and if they do have this permission how are the damages caused to the Landlord or owner calculated.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent the above, I have now received a notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track which I have completed and intend posting tomorrow.

One question, on the N149A notice it states I must complete form N180 which I have done and serve copies on all other parties, does that mean I have to send a photocopy to SIP?

Right, between me completing and forwarding the form N180 to the Court and SIP, SIP have sent a notice of discontinuance, it was dated the 6th Jan 2014 and sent to the original address and not the address I had put down as a correspondance address.

Obviously due to the Christmas period their Solicitor or whoever it is that reads the defence statements must have been on holiday and on reading the defence has decided to discontinue.

So a big thanks to all that helped on this thread, your advice was invaluable, I will be sending official complaints to the DVLA and the BPA, I will post here later in the week.

Its a shame we can't claim for time lost in formulating a defence, two visits to the car park to check the details, postage costs and so forth, they seem to get away with charging £35 per letter but not us.

Right, between me completing and forwarding the form N180 to the Court and SIP, SIP have sent a notice of discontinuance, it was dated the 6th Jan 2014 and sent to the original address and not the address I had put down as a correspondance address.

Obviously due to the Christmas period their Solicitor or whoever it is that reads the defence statements must have been on holiday and on reading the defence has decided to discontinue.

So a big thanks to all that helped on this thread, your advice was invaluable, I will be sending official complaints to the DVLA and the BPA, I will post here later in the week.

Its a shame we can't claim for time lost in formulating a defence, two visits to the car park to check the details, postage costs and so forth, they seem to get away with charging £35 per letter but not us.

As they discontinued, you can claim your costs!

As they discontinued, you can claim your costs!

Has it been done before for this type of claim, I would love to have a go, as I have stated I was acting on behalf of my neighbour who originally got the "ticket" and I have been twice to the car park, completed two form N180, made a call to the court for advice and spent hours on the internet formulating a defence.

What could I claim for?

Has it been done before for this type of claim, I would love to have a go, as I have stated I was acting on behalf of my neighbour who originally got the "ticket" and I have been twice to the car park, completed two form N180, made a call to the court for advice and spent hours on the internet formulating a defence.

What could I claim for?

If you send a claim for genuine expenses they should pay. Send it to their representative (solicitor) that way it will cost them even more for their solicitor handling it. Copy it to the Court.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS