WCA waiting room - can you be assessed on what happens there?

rainbo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again,

I am sure I read somewhere (but of course cannot find it now I need it!) that what happens OUTSIDE the WCA examination room - such as while sitting in the waiting area - cannot be included as part of a WCA examination, and certainly cannot be included in an ESA85 Medical Report.

Is this the case, please?

Hi again,

I am sure I read somewhere (but of course cannot find it now I need it!) that what happens OUTSIDE the WCA examination room - such as while sitting in the waiting area - cannot be included as part of a WCA examination, and certainly cannot be included in an ESA85 Medical Report.

I also remember reading this somewhere. I shall go hunting as I would normally save something like this but where is generally anyone's guess.

The WCA Handbook does however say that the HCP should observe the claimant from when they're collected from the waiting room as it gives important information about walking ability etc.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I also remember reading this somewhere. I shall go hunting as I would normally save something like this but where is generally anyone's guess.

The WCA Handbook does however say that the HCP should observe the claimant from when they're collected from the waiting room as it gives important information about walking ability etc.

Hm, thank you. Would appreciate an update if you do find anything.

Just for the record - it was "appeared to be able to hear name when called in waiting room". So nothing major, just curious (especially considering he wasn't there for a hearing test!).

Hi again,

Just for the record - it was "appeared to be able to hear name when called in waiting room". So nothing major, just curious (especially considering he wasn't there for a hearing test!).

Who this for,your Ex husband,your friend or yourself !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?410308-Placed-in-WRAG-wants-to-appeal-for-Support-Group-QUESTION-IB-to-ESA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?402862-Wrag-and-Seetec&p=4349986#post4349986

My friend. I'm not on ESA. My friend is. My ex husband is.

What's wrong with you, why can't you just give advice instead of being nasty and overusing your exclamation mark key?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?355725-Claiming-HB-when-you-own-OTHER-property...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?355233-Incapacity-Benefit-FOR-LIFE

Edited by 45002
  • Haha 1

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

What's wrong with you, why can't you just give advice instead of being nasty and overusing your exclamation mark key?

Edited by ims21

To be very honest with you,I just don't believe what you posted in some of your threads ......

Good luck with what ever !

Edited by ims21

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

To be very honest with you,I just don't believe what you posted ......

Good luck with what ever !

What does it matter to you? I come here to get advice for the people who don't use internet forums and cannot get appointments with CAB (although I find the advice here is head and shoulders above what CAB have ever told me). My friend, ex husband and father are all people who don't like internet forums and I have helped them all with claims, reconsiderations and appeals. I've also mentioned my sister in the past, plus a Tax Credits compliance that I had a couple of years ago. I have nothing to hide, but also acknowledge the need to remain relatively anon - Big Brother is watching.

Ultimately - does it really matter who the advice is for before you give any?

Edited by ims21

This is actually one of the things HCPs are specifically told to assess in the waiting room.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

The OP is entitled to ask questions for others if they wish.

Usual practice if there are concerns about posts is to report them and let the Site Team deal with them rather than take a thread off track in the open forum.

Thank you.

• Confused 1

- it was "appeared to be able to hear name when called in waiting room".

This must be a standard line they have to use, as it is exactly what the fake Dr stated on my WCA he fabricated.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Personally, I don't see what the problem is. Does it matter if you're observed in the waiting room or not? If you have trouble sitting and standing up, you'll have that trouble in the waiting room. Likewise with walking. Or hearing. Or seeing. Or whatever.

One should assume that they are being watched the moment they leave their front door,

don't forget, they are not interested in you, only figures and targets, it is well know for them to leave you in the waiting room for ten or twenty minutes so they can observe you, see if you interact with anyone else in the room, read the magazines on the table, sit on the chairs without arms etc etc.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Personally, I don't see what the problem is. Does it matter if you're observed in the waiting room or not? If you have trouble sitting and standing up, you'll have that trouble in the waiting room. Likewise with walking. Or hearing. Or seeing. Or whatever.

The same thought occurred to me. I don't care if I'm being watched anywhere - doesn't make a difference to how I am, it's all the same.

I remember a couple of clients, coming for help with DLA, putting on this big 'show' for me of how they could hardly walk and were really struggling, and then come across them in the street or the supermarket with no obvious walking problems (and no, in these few cases it wasn't the difference between a good and bad day).

Genuine claimants shouldn't need to worry about being watched in the WCA waiting room or anywhere else - how you are is how you are. The only ones who would be worrying are those who feel they need to 'put on a show'. I know that with the WCA, even genuine claimants fear that in order to pass they need to exaggerate their difficulties - please don't - trying to exaggerate things can often just make you look like a complete fake, and then everything you say is then discounted. I know how scary the whole process is, but it's best to be up front and honest and go to Tribunal if necessary.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hi again,

All I can say is what happened to me. I was asked how I got to the assessment - I told him that my wife drove the car, 'but didn't you drive it into the car park? - yes I parked it as she is completely hopeless unless she has a space 15' wide to get it in into.

The guy also made a comment about how comfortable I looked whilst sat in the waiting room, and that I opened the door and held it open for the assessor to follow me in.

On top of that he made reference to the way I was dressed - 'well kempt and clearly able to look after myself'. My wife was very surprised with what happened and what was said as she waited for me patiently in the waiting room (no one pointed out that she could have come in with me!)

Edited by boodletum

I remember a couple of clients, coming for help with DLA, putting on this big 'show' for me of how they could hardly walk and were really struggling, and then come across them in the street or the supermarket with no obvious walking problems (and no, in these few cases it wasn't the difference between a good and bad day).

I've come across this with other people too. They claim they're so disabled that they can't walk, yet, their walking is better than mine? With me, my balance is affected; but I can and do walk. It was clear they were lying about their walking difficulties. I was seeing them 4 times a week and each time, they walked like everyone else.

Going back the original topic - I don't understand the big deal with them watching you and taking note of how you act upon entering the building. I had a DLA tribunal a few years ago and was asked how I got here. I answered truthfully - I was given some instructions, which told me the way I need to go. I got on the wrong tube (this isn't a major issue - it just goes a different way; but I can just change at another station) and then a walk. I struggled with that walk - because of my inability to follow and understand instructions.

It wasn't a big deal at all - just the 'Medical Report' stated "appeared to be able to hear name when called in waiting room" and I thought I had read somewhere that it was illegal to be assessed on anything that happened in the waiting room. Plus the claimant isn't claiming ESA for hearing problems, so seemed odd that this was mentioned.

and that I opened the door and held it open for the assessor to follow me in.

On top of that he made reference to the way I was dressed - 'well kempt and clearly able to look after myself'.

My GOD!! EXACTLY word for word as my WCA, absolute criminal :censored: should be shot on sight!

Lied in his fabricated WCA saying I opened the door with my left hand, can't be possible as I use a walking stick in my left hand!

These odious little creatures need to be culled, it makes me absolutely sick to the stomach knowing how many have died or committed suicide purely because of the criminal lies and deceit they have told, just so they can get their grubby little paws on their commission.

My GOD!! EXACTLY word for word as my WCA, absolute criminal :censored: should be shot on sight!

Lied in his fabricated WCA saying I opened the door with my left hand, can't be possible as I use a walking stick in my left hand!

These odious little creatures need to be culled, it makes me absolutely sick to the stomach knowing how many have died or committed suicide purely because of the criminal lies and deceit they have told, just so they can get their grubby little paws on their commission.

In my case, he didn't mention the fact that I was leaning heavily on my walking stick held in my right hand and pushed the door lever down with my left arm and leant on the door to open it! He also didn't question who had in fact dressed me that morning - my poor wife did, as she always does when we go out - maybe I should have turned up in my pyjamas and dressing gown as that is how I am dressed most days when I don't go out. In fact she was never invited into the room with me and would have mentioned that fact if asked.

My GOD!! EXACTLY word for word as my WCA,

And mine, It's obviously a rehearsed script.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

As has been said they will use any thing they can to discredit your claim make no mistake about it The current system the odds are stacked against you, Someone said about people exaggerating their medical problems ,ATOS persecution professionals assume that everyone is a fake anyway that's obviously how both the DWP and Camerloon and co probably want it to be(unofficially of course) .So it's little wonder why some feel compelled to exaggerate their problems when you have a unfair system in place

Sometimes even attendance at the medical centre can be used against you, likewise answering the door too fast if given a home visit,

Yes no two ways about it they do observe you inside the medical centre,And use some details in their report, such has "he/she was observed sitting in a chair with/without armrests for what ever time they specify, without standing ect ,

they could well do some covert obs outside the building too ,by cctv or one of their persecution squad, Like seeing how you walk ,get into or out of a car, or public transport

Edited by tommy456

Its awful that you have to give a worse case scenario. The questions they ask as well are designed to mislead you. For example what tv progs do you watch and you say corrie they assume you can sit for 30 mins. Not in the type of chair the regs say , you may be lieing down or get up in the adverts.

Where do you go shopping, it might be you have a convenience store next door or how do you get to the doctors. All designed to catch you out.