Civil Enforcement County Court Claim ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, could someone help please?

About 18 months ago I received a parking ticket from Civil Enforcement Limited.

I went online and the advice was to ignore it..

I did but now I have a county court claim against me for £373.00.

I have now been told my credit rating is very poor,

what can I do?

well you ignore everything bar court papers!

now what have you had from them?

a county court claimform

or

a CCJ judgement

or

nothing has come ever from the court?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

who sent that letter?

they cant just get one without the court sending you a claim form first

to give you a chance to defend yourself.

is the CCJ date the same ish as the letter?

not moved recently have you

and they sent the claim to another address

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am sorry but I was so fed up with it I just ripped it up. I think it had the court stamp on it, I thought it was another threatening letter. I did not know it was real.. Have heard nothing since, only found out when I did a credit search today.

oh dear that was silly.

dx

and they

Unfortunately your best option is to pay it. It will at least show as satisfied, once you receive a claim if you don't defend it it will be granted as a default judgement.

You could apply to have it set aside which would cost you £80 but I doubt a Judge would allow it if you tell them you just ignored the claim.

18 months ago was before POFA that would have been an easy defence at court, in fact CEL would not have taken it to a hearing if defended.

Unfortunately your best option is to pay it. It will at least show as satisfied, once you receive a claim if you don't defend it it will be granted as a default judgement.

You could apply to have it set aside which would cost you £80 but I doubt a Judge would allow it if you tell them you just ignored the claim.

18 months ago was before POFA that would have been an easy defence at court, in fact CEL would not have taken it to a hearing if defended.

reply removed as said in jest and not to be taken seriously!.

Edited by themagician

I would go for a set aside as you probably didn't receive it DID YOU! but that's me.

Not a wise move!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would go for a set aside as you probably didn't receive it DID YOU! but that's me.

That is one of the worst pieces of advice i have seen on here.

It really takes the biscuit that you come on here and suggest someone lies in court !!!

What you are suggesting is someone commits a criminal act.

Prehaps you would like to retract your last statement ?

Agreed. Please so not encourage people to commit an act of perjury. Remember this is a public forum and your comments could be taken as advice offered by this site.

For the sake of clarity, in the rare cases where Court papers are issued, these should NEVER be ignored, but a defence formulated (and many can help with that).

I fear that the OP will now need to get this paid ASAP - threats can be dealt with but a CC claim should not, and more recent advice would be to appeal directly to the PPC and to then take the case to POPLA rather than to ignore. That would at least allow the PPC to see that you might have a good defence to a speculative court claim.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

That is one of the worst pieces of advice i have seen on here.

It really takes the biscuit that you come on here and suggest someone lies in court !!!

What you are suggesting is someone commits a criminal act.

Prehaps you would like to retract your last statement ?

I agree! was said in jest, so please disregard this as an informative suggestion to your particular demenar.as I was assuming that the ppc's allegedly apply the same ethics as this.

Appreciate the retraction and you are of course correct with regard to the ethics or lack thereof on the part of many PPCs.

Unfortunately those ethics also extend to selective use of posts on forums such as this which is why we have to be absolutely clear on the subject - any reasonable person would know that you were being ironic, but we are not dealing with reasonable people :-)

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Appreciate the retraction and you are of course correct with regard to the ethics or lack thereof on the part of many PPCs.

Unfortunately those ethics also extend to selective use of posts on forums such as this which is why we have to be absolutely clear on the subject - any reasonable person would know that you were being ironic, but we are not dealing with reasonable people :-)

thanks for that "ironic" that's the word I was after! life goes on. cheers