Genuine shopper-Aldi/PE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a hard copy letter from ParkingEye dated the 13th February 2013 in response to an appeal in which ParkingEye state
:-

"If the driver has spent money in the retail outlets at the site, they may qualify under the genuine shopper exemption operated by the landowner"

This related to the Rheidol Retail Park in Aberystwyth

I contacted both ParkingEye and the landowners for clarification on what the specific terms of this policy were but both declined to assist.

I therefore took the matter to Ceredigion Trading Standards (based at Aberaeron) who didn't see any problem whatsoever with such a secret anti-consumer policy being operated - that's the problem with Trading Standards, there are some who are competent, switched on and pro-actively fighting on the the Consumers behalf (such as Ayrshire) and then at the other end of the spectrum there's the Ceredigion model.........

can you put up a copy of the said hard copy of the letter so I can copy it please.

I'm editing and rescanning even as I type (and have got to go and get some replacement glass for my greenhouse now) so give me an hour or so and I'll be on the case.

EDIT; hopefully they should be uploaded shortly

Here you go....

The first document is the appeal rejection letter that includes the reference to the 'genuine shopper' policy - it also includes some useful text from PE on how they have calculated the £85 at being a genuine pre-estimate of 'loss' citing the average retail loss to the actual stores on the Retail Park caused by overstayers (worth comparing that stated position against any subsequent claims by PE)

The second document, for the sake of completeness is the subsequent POPLA 'win' recorded for this specific case.

I have the authority of the data subject to leave both the original parking charge reference and the POPLA appeal number on these documents as that is vital to evidence the provenance of both documents

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49473[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49472[/ATTACH]

Edited by citizenB

Nevmet.. I dont know whether the letters are round the right way ? You should be able to go in and edit the text.. if not, let me know and I will try and swap them round the right way :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Even when it gets the court Parking Eye can make a complete mess of it. See Parking Prankster's latest blog:-

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/parkingeye-drop-case-against-motorist.html

Ha..enjoying reading the latest McDonalds case.. "The lawyer turned a little green".. ""The lawyer turned greener".. :), "Apparently, the lawyer could turn a little greener" :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Returned from holiday to new EYE01 invoice...

I have a receipt for just under £22, so will give that a go.

' We can confirm that this Charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account '

So the minimum spend is either site specific or has been lowered... Or doesn't exist anymore.