Genuine shopper-Aldi/PE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As this was a hot topic in a recent thread when I received my latest invoice,I thought I'd try it.

Posted appeal on same day I received invoice.

Appeal was simply- I am not liable for this charge and wish to invoke your appeals process.Enclosed is a receipt for the date concerned.

From date I received the parking charge notice to cancelation of charge letter ,12 days!

Aldi have a special customer services section in Basingstoke to deal with complaints regarding the charging. They then tell PE to cancel the charges if you can produce your receipt. The problem is that store managers are told that duplicate receipts for this purpose must be for more than £30 which has implications for the claim of contract by PE as otherwise Aldi wouldnt have any say after signing their rights over for the management.

I would suggest that for those who dont have a receipt and cannot get a duplicate this is an important facet of the contract as it would negate the notices in the car park.

Aldi have a special customer services section in Basingstoke to deal with complaints regarding the charging. They then tell PE to cancel the charges if you can produce your receipt. The problem is that store managers are told that duplicate receipts for this purpose must be for more than £30 which has implications for the claim of contract by PE as otherwise Aldi wouldnt have any say after signing their rights over for the management.

I would suggest that for those who dont have a receipt and cannot get a duplicate this is an important facet of the contract as it would negate the notices in the car park.

Well my receipt was over £30, so maybe next time I shall try one a bit lower and see what happens. ..

I also received a reminder notice to pay, the day before my cancellation letter!

PE normally send out the letter saying they are putting the charge in abeyance and then send out a massive bundle of "evidence" to scare you even though they know it is going nowhere. Just as a "mind how you go" I suppose. What a waste of paper and stamps, no wonder they now like courts, it is the only way they have of recovering even 50% of their costs.

if the receipt is for a lot less than £30 and aldi do not get it quashed ,then isn't the amount claimed by PE a penalty for not spending the said £30 ??? simples

I think that Aldi's "parking department" is actually based in Swindon. They are currently advertising for a new recruit. This extract from the advert says it all:-

"Customer complaint handling both by letter and over the phone, sometimes dealing with customers who are upset and/or distressed after receiving a Parking Charge Notice".

if the receipt is for a lot less than £30 and aldi do not get it quashed ,then isn't the amount claimed by PE a penalty for not spending the said £30 ??? simples

It has to be doesn't it. Also spending a certain amount has no relevance to any of the signs that are up...

I will try just over £20 next time.

Despite looking long and hard in Aldi (the only one I ever looked in was chaotic in layout and product themes), it transpires they are out of stock of the only item you wanted to buy, you would have no till receipt.

So the penalty would not be for insufficient spend but their poor stock control !

Neither were mentioned on the sign I read.

Then you are the grocery equivalent of a tyre kicker and would therefore have to rely on a SAR for the store's CCTV. Now that will need another customer services dept to deal with that scenario and Aldi will end up charging the same as all the bigger supermarkets and it will all be the customers fault. Best just ban customers and let PE play number plate bingo with a random registration number generator to send out their unjustifiable demands..

• 1 month later...

I have received my latest invoice today from the Eye. I have a receipt for just over £29 for that day,but I'm thinking of sending 4/5 receipts from previous visits as my appeal,just to see if being a 'regular' shopper will get it cancelled...

PE lost a court case today over the question of GPOL. The motorist committed the heinous "crime" of keying the wrong registration into the P&D machine. So the fee was paid, but according to PE's twisted logic they still had to pay £100 for that simple mistake. Luckily the judge saw through this nonsense and found for the motorist.

• 5 weeks later...
I have received my latest invoice today from the Eye. I have a receipt for just over £29 for that day,but I'm thinking of sending 4/5 receipts from previous visits as my appeal,just to see if being a 'regular' shopper will get it cancelled...

Well that didn't work...

Appeal was that the driver of the vehicle is a regular shopper at the site. 3 receipts from previous recent visits included-two under £30,one over. Average over £30.

And my appeal has been referred for further information.

Letter says I have stated i was not the driver and not told them who was...

Of course I said no such thing. Now I know their next letter if I reply will be,

'You have stated you were not the driver and you do not know who was',

I know because I'm in limbo with another parking charge notice from months ago.

Coincidently I posted a letter about that today!

Edited by armadillo71

They send out the same letters to everyone so dont worry about the content. Get on to ALDI and tell them the same as you have told us and point out that they are going to lose another customer if they continue to use this level of £30 for deciding who is a customer or not. Point out that there is no basis for them to make such an arbitary decision when forcing a contract on you as a third party and that this makes the contract an unfair one in law.

• 3 weeks later...
Well that didn't work...

Appeal was that the driver of the vehicle is a regular shopper at the site. 3 receipts from previous recent visits included-two under £30,one over. Average over £30.

And my appeal has been referred for further information.

Letter says I have stated i was not the driver and not told them who was...

Of course I said no such thing. Now I know their next letter if I reply will be,

'You have stated you were not the driver and you do not know who was',

I know because I'm in limbo with another parking charge notice from months ago.

Coincidently I posted a letter about that today!

I have now sent my second appeal , this time with the receipt for the day in question. £29.50....

Lets see what they do with that.

• 2 weeks later...
I have now sent my second appeal , this time with the receipt for the day in question. £29.50....

Lets see what they do with that.

Reply from the Eye to second appeal;

' We can confirm that this Charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account '

So £29.50 worked.....

It would be nice if that information about receipts was posted on their signs and in the shops. I would prevent a lot of hassle.

I still believe that if your pcn is not cancelled because its under the said £30 spend, although we have just seen that even at £29.50 it got cancelled, that this would be proof to a judge that the said charge is a penalty.

and as asked before has anybody got 100% written proof that this said receipt limit exists,or has a judge overruled on this point.

This "spend £30 and we will refund your ticket" is a blatant hidden clause in their T&Cs which is not visible on any of their signage in either the car park or in-store. Thus it would be ruled as unfair in any court of law. That's before you start considering the whole question of what actual loss that either Parking Eye or Aldi have suffered. Luckily both the courts and POPLA are now seeing through their whole shaky business model and are finding in favour of the motorist.

If I get another invoice and say I've spent £20.00,and they don't cancel the charge, then I would refer them back to this previous cancellation. How would they explain it?

I do think the appeal , when with a receipt , is sent to aldi to be decided upon.

So we shall have to see how PE deal with the situation when it arises....

This "spend £30 and we will refund your ticket" is a blatant hidden clause in their T&Cs which is not visible on any of their signage in either the car park or in-store. Thus it would be ruled as unfair in any court of law. That's before you start considering the whole question of what actual loss that either Parking Eye or Aldi have suffered. Luckily both the courts and POPLA are now seeing through their whole shaky business model and are finding in favour of the motorist.

blatant hidden clause in their T&Cs.

where are these t&c's that this hidden clause can be ratified ?.

can you put them up as I cannot find them anywhere.thus proving that they exist.

blatant hidden clause in their T&Cs.

where are these t&c's that this hidden clause can be ratified ?.

can you put them up as I cannot find them anywhere.thus proving that they exist.

Assuming it is genuine and not knowing the originator!

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/aldi-secret-clause-can-only-cancel.html

I have a hard copy letter from ParkingEye dated the 13th February 2013 in response to an appeal in which ParkingEye state

:-

"If the driver has spent money in the retail outlets at the site, they may qualify under the genuine shopper exemption operated by the landowner"

This related to the Rheidol Retail Park in Aberystwyth

I contacted both ParkingEye and the landowners for clarification on what the specific terms of this policy were but both declined to assist.

I therefore took the matter to Ceredigion Trading Standards (based at Aberaeron) who didn't see any problem whatsoever with such a secret anti-consumer policy being operated - that's the problem with Trading Standards, there are some who are competent, switched on and pro-actively fighting on the the Consumers behalf (such as Ayrshire) and then at the other end of the spectrum there's the Ceredigion model.........