• Tweets

• Just a typo change that I'd make for the last line. Maybe also add something that says "I assume you will be fully aware that you cannot rely on a clause of a contract that you do not produce."
    • Hello, Firstly, and most importantly I am sorry for your loss. I would go back to the bank with the death certificate and ask them to step in. Remind them firmly but politely that there is no limit for DD claims   Please let us know how you get on.
    • My wife is the named person to his bank account with him having Dementia being his daughter (I say named person she still is but he recently passed away and the deputyship application has now being stopped by the solicitor as it's no longer needed) We've only just got the Death Certificate so the bank will be the next step informing them. She went to the bank and explained the situation but even being his named person the bank said she didn't have the power to stop DD without any legal documents (virgin money) was the bank. She could have copies of bank statements that was about it.
    • I see you said you tried to stop the DD but it seems that didn't work. May I please ask why that didn't work? You should be asking your bank to cancel the DD and I don't see why they would have objected, hopefully you can clarify this. I agree that you should be making a claim here against your bank and ask them for a DD refund. There is no timeframes for this.
    • JK: Yeah That's correct. We left rent payment coming out of his bank account from January 2023 - August 2023 until we could find somewhere to sort out his belongings which was fine. I tried to give notice a few times from August 2023 asking for advice from Sanctuary housing how we went about this explaining his condition and that he was in a Nursing home from December 2022. I explained we don't have any legal powers to his account like POT but were in the process of going for Deputyship and that I was the named person to act on his behalf to speak with Santuary housing. I said we could provide details of his condition and proof he was now in a nursing home with date he moved in. This went ignored despite repeated attempts to contact them until a housing manager contacted us end of February 2024 and notice was finally accepted with his tenancy coming to an end March 22 2024. Although they have continued to take rental payments for the flat despite someone else living in it from the 1st April. I wasn't aware payments were still being taken till I checked his May banks statements. I had asked them to back date rental payments to August 2023 when I gave notice rather than just giving notice in March 2024 but they've ignored that bit. I don't see why they shouldn't give it back they've taken money they shouldn't have. Thanks DX, I wasn't aware we could do that for that length of time. I'll ask my wife to check with the bank this week
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Coach hire

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few months ago,

I had a large family function (a very large one!),

which needed me to transport guests from a to b.

I hired the services of a local coach company.

Their executive coaches seemed ideal - coffee making facilities, tv, radio, dvd, toilets.

The website showed new fleet (no more than one year old) and seeme truly "executive".

I entered into a contract with them to supply me with three coaches.

The total cost was in the region of £6,500.

I paid a deposit via bank transfer and then the balance four weeks prior to the event.

On the day, I was disappointed no end.

They sent three coaches which were almost 10 years old

- worn and tired looking interior, dvd players not working, poor climate control etc etc.

I complained, but the company stated that they do not guarantee fleet (but this is not on any terms and conditions)

and all three coaches had the facilities advertised (which they did not).

They also claimed that it is not possible to have every coach shown on the website.

The website only has the spanking brand new coaches.

There is no mention of the old fleet.

Do I have a claim against the company?

I have written to them three times outlining the same issues but they maintain their position.

Thanks in advance

You should have been concerned when they wanted a deposit by bank transfer and not debit/credit card.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

did you pay any part by any type of card?

the sad thing here is they didn't actually guarantee anywhere the fleet.

as with all businesses they will portray the best to sell.

you are indicating the specs were not as advertised

but if this was specifically not in your contract

little can be done.

however, if there were serious shortfalls

then trade descriptions may play a parts.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

miss representation, maybe a point!.

Did they say anywhere what age the vehicles were, implied?

by saying new executive vehicles or just rely on the photos ( how many vehicles shown ).

did they say they had seat belts?

might be worth checking how many they actually own and what age?

can you post up a link to the web site, or just the name?

had a quick look,

site does not specifically say what year or standard of coach,

however for each type they do give a standard of equipment and services that should be provided

and if these were not available then you should get a proportionate refund.

You always have the option to take them to court,

but first you need to write to them asking for the amount you would accept as compensation

and detail the shortfall it what was supplied in terms of amenities and/or service.

Their Operators Licence says they have a llicence for 100 vehicles. According to the website they have several standards of vehicles for hire - did you ask for a particular class of vehicle?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you booked the executive range, then thats what they should have given. If it wasnt availiable, then they should have notified you in advance.

have you checked to see if the coaches you actually got were part of the executive range?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

the images would simply be explained as general advertising. Same as mcdonalds advertise a fully loaded burger, yet when you get one it looks NOTHING like what is on the pics, although it still is a big mac, or quarter pounder etc.

But I have also seen reports/justified complaints about food not looking like the photos.

In fact, BBC Watchdog did a very good report on ready meals and how they were portrayed on the packaging and the mush that one actually gets after its microwaved.

IMHO I don't think you will get anything, except maybe for services or amenities that were not provided.

However no harm in trying, depends on far you wish to take it. Not worth going to court just for the age of the vehicles!

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly,

the Internet is an excellent sales tool which lets the advertiser create the best possible image of the company

& YES they will show their best Coach with all the mod-cons to impress you.

You should always view the product of this type & cost before you enter into a contract paying the total up front is bad practice.

However lot of companies are now using this method liking buying a car, new kitchen or holiday

you normally are forced into paying up front if you want that product, this is because the company want to safeguard their money

before providing their product or service to you.

I have had dealing with numerous Coach companies & most of them have poor cash flow & move around a lot,

their coach fleets are normally long in the tooth with the exception one or two new coaches.

It is worth noting that many local bus companies have coach fleets & they value their name so normally give you what you want.

If you are dealing via the web try a direct approach going to their premises & confronting the MD face to face.

May I advise you NOT to be to aggressive but give him / her a formal letter informing them what you want from them in a constructive manner

before you consider escalating the issue with the local media etc.

Make two copies of your letter & get a signature for the receipt of the original latter, that will clearly demonstrate that you mean business.

It is clear that you feel disappoint with the service you have paid for up front & rightly so

put your disappoint to them supported by letters of complaints from your three coach full party who may well share your views that's 150 dissatisfied customers?

Good luck & be as in LAW - REASONABLE.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi desktidy100,

Cannot advise on which LAW would apply but companies do not like negative media attraction which will always put them in a bad light with the general public.

Consider posting a softly worded review on the coach companies website or local coach review site & make this a point in your letter of complaint.

I have had many years in front line customer service & always found that I responded best to the customers who were reasonable about the issue in hand, remember its the company MD who controls the Refunds NOT the depot Manager - go to the TOP.

WIN the person then WIN the case.

Kings ferry is now owned by national express. Get in touch with them and see what they say. also link them to this thread. Works. Try it.

Kings Ferry sold to National Express

kingsferryoneil.jpg

NATIONAL Express has purchased Kings Ferry, the Kent based coach company founded by Peter O’Neill. The deal is valued at £8million. Kings Ferry provides commuter coach services in London and the south of England, alongside a prestigious private hire and holiday tour business. It operates 75 coaches, employs 110 people, and is based at modern premises just outside Gillingham.

For NatEx the acquisition strengthens considerably its presence in the London commuter market. Kings Ferry’s commuter coaches carry 1,300 people daily. Kings Ferry, which was set up 40 years ago, has a fleet of 75 vehicles and over 110 employees and is based near Gillingham, Kent.

Last year Kings Ferry produced a profit of £700,000 on a turnover of £10million.

NatEx group chief executive, Richard Bowker, says: “We are delighted that a high quality business like Kings Ferry is joining the group. Its coach services provide a vital service to many commuters in the south-east and this is a market we believe has considerable potential.”

Peter O’Neill is retiring while his son, Steve, who has been running the business as managing director, remains with the company.

www.nationalexpressgroup.com

Original link here : http://www.busandcoach.com/newspage.aspx?id=1680&categoryid=0

So whats cooking today ?