Waste Water volume same as Water usage volume !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, so we all get water bills but here is my question....

On my bills I notice that the wastewater volume is the same as the usage volume, ie Thames Water are saying that they process the same volume of wastewater as the water I take form them !!

This can't be correct, how can I flush or put down the sink the same amount of water that I take ?

Sure when you have a cup of tea you pee but is it the same and what about when boiling water for cooking and the steam that comes off ?, what about when I use my jet wash to clean the car and the water goes into the drive ?, When you hand wash clothes some of the water stays in them (and probably goes into the lawn from the washing line).

Come on how can a water company say that the charge for wastewater is the same volume ?

Anyone had experience of this or is there a ruling in regard to it, certainly in my view the water going out of the house should be less that the water coming in.

rgds

The problem is, while you have a meter for water coming in I don't suppose you have a meter for what you put out. At least they don't charge as much for water going out as water coming in!

How else could they charge you. I used to live in Portsmouth, there we had an unmetered supply we used to pay a rateable value to Portsmouth Water for the water coming in, and in fact the value was reducing the last year the bill was about £120, however the catch was that we paid Southern Water for the waste water and actually paid more for waste water than for fresh water the last years charge was about £240 i.e. double the Portsmouth Water charge! No explanation as to how the charge was arried at just a multiplier of the rateable value of the house + a bit extra for rainfall that falls on the house.

I assume as you are talking about measured volume you are on a measured supply (meter)?

If so your waste water charge should be calculated at 92.5% of the fresh water usage figure for a domestic property or 95% if you are commercial premises.

Wastewater charges are always more expensive than fresh water charges due to the treatment processes that are required.