style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi iv received a letter from jacobs the turned down my offer of 80 payment,and the said the minimum payment the can consider suitable is 167 per month the debt is for 880 ct and the want my payment with in 7 days,as my husband as lost his job its only my income coming in,and the council said when i rang them said its got nothing to do with them and to sort it out with the bailiffs,iam not sure what to do

has the bailiff been in your home to levy goods (if yes list the goods and fees charged)

another council that's happy to try and pass the buck

its everything to with council its their debt and always will be pay the council direct (use there on-line payment facility ) an amount you can afford try making you payments consistent the same amount on the same day of the week/month

The council are responsible for their bailiffs actions no matter what they claim, it is also unlawful for them to refuse your tendered payment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Ignore the bailiff, pay the council online and the bailiff will gave no choice but to send the lo to the council. As you would be paying regularly direct to them, there isbt anything they can do about it :)

In short, tell the bailiff you are paying the council direct and to go and play with traffic.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

As suggested pay Online and not over the telephone. Then you don't have to speak to any one.

best option, but whatever the muppets at the council say, if you were to offer payment at the counter, and they then unlawfully refuse, you get the drone to sign a paper stating that they cannot accept your payment as it has gone to bailiffs, they have just hanged themselves if it goes to a Formal Complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

do you own a car /vehicle that the bailiff could levy

If /when the bailiff turns up don't answer the door keep it locked ask to see his certificate ask him to show you it through the letterbox

if he refuses try and get a photo of him through the window

said it before and I will say it again for a bailiff firm with 48 certificated bailiffs and 150 local authority's using them (im sure not all use them for council tax and PCN recovery ) they sure do get around