Devere Parking Services Ltd help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner received a ticket from Devere for parking in a visitor bay on private land a couple of months ago.

She did not have a valid visitors permit displayed and was not aware that there were any parking restrictions in place as it is way out of the city centre in a gated development.

There is one sign by the main gates but is not clearly readable when you pull up and is on the left of the gates.

The entry buzzer is on the right so you wouldn't have reason to walk closer to it.

Just inside the gates there is one sign saying 'visitors parking - visitors badge must be displayed' but this is at a level that if a car parks in front of it you cannot see it.

There are no other signs in that area saying that there are parking restrictions so she was not aware of the need for a badge as the other sign was obstructed by a car.

She sent a letter first and they replied by recorded post.

She then sent an appeal and did say she was the driver.

This was over a month ago and has just called to find out what is going on.

They say they replied the same day but nothing has been received.

I said that seemed strange as they sent the first letter by recorded post so why not with the others.

At this point he hung up on me because i apparently said they were lying about sending a reply.

I called back and he said he hung up because i was saying they were lying.

i said it just sounded fishy that the letter has not arrived and they had decided not to send this one by recorded post.

He then said he was hanging up because saying it sounded 'fishy' meant i was calling them liars again.

Not sure where to go from here as he said they wouldn't send the letter again even though i asked him to.

Don't really want my partner to get taken to court etc as they threatened in the first letter.

(even sent copies of other CCJ's and failed POPLA appeals to try and intimidate us)

own thread created.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i'd stay of off the phone to them that's for sure

the ball is in their court now.

its a speculative invoice anyhow.

I would not believe all read here about them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The non-existent reply is a regular ploy by Devere. As you are already discovering you are up against a slippery customer

I do not know what info DX100uk is referring to about not believing all you read on here about Devere.

For various reasons this is not the best forum for Devere problems. Sorry regulars but that is the way it is.

I don't suppose you got the name of who you were speaking to.

Did the failed POPLA appeals and CCJ's refer to Devere cases ?

Edited by ims21

The CCJ does but the POPLA letter does not mention Devere in any way.

I have spoken to POPLA this morning and they have advised me to seek legal advice as Devere have failed to provide a response.

They said this is a common practice and they receive hundreds of calls about this as we are now unable to proceed through POPLA

I spoke to a Steven Williams

There is nothing wrong with the advice given on this forum for Devere,

the same problems apply to them as with all other PPC's when it comes to trying to claim these unenforceable invoices.

Either ignore all their crap or hover your mouse over the word ignore and follow that advice.

At least we now know which PPC Parkstoneboy works for.

Further to the above I would do this

Stay off the phone to them, it is pointless and will get you nowhere

Send the prove contract, provide breakdown of costs and deny any liability letter then sit back and ignore

Be aware that some PPC's are known to trawl this forum and give conflicting advice, this part of their role was actually included in a job description recently advertised by a PPC

Be aware when dealing with Devere,

They are one of the more vindictive PPCs and are quite likely to try their hand at court

So dont be surprised if you get a claim form in the post.

If you do get a claim form it can be defended but you "MUST" get it away from Bournmouth/Poole., This can be achieved by using a relatives/friends address for court documents,

I'm flagging the above post as dangerous advice for the Mods to look into

- under no circumstances should you lie to, or try to mislead a court about your personal details

- also if it did go to court you would be entitled to have it heard at your nominated local county court

using the simple court procedure documents you receive.

Devere are NO DIFFERENT to any PPC whether they like to do or court or not and that's not proven

- only Parking eye seem to be posting out court papers at the moment

The same issues have to be addressed for Devere invoices as with all others, no contract, not landowner, costs do not reflect actual loss

You are correct that you can simply nominate another court,

however that is down to the judges discretion when he reviews the papers.

You are also entitled to use another address for service of documents, so using a relatives/friends address is perfectly legitimate

The one difference with Devere is their very high rate of success at Poole/bounmouth county court.

It is believed to be down to their cosy relationship with a certain district judge

Homer - do you really think I work for a PPC ?, Just go through my Devere related posts as ...

. One of my first posts on this forum when, pre POFA,

the general advice was to ignore PPC charges, I stated that Devere should not be ignored.

Devere were the most litigious PPC in 2012, pre POFA ( c240 court proceedings issued ),

post POFA they were, after the last FOI request, the second most litigious PPC, after PE, (c190)

Kirkbyinfurnesslad - there may be something in what you say about cosy relationships

but I'd suggest people who lose are, in the main, unprepared and unused to court and do not have legal representation.

On the contrary Devere is prepared and used to court proceedings,

however if Devere thinks/knows he is up against a well prepared defence he often doesn't turn up.

One poster on here has Devere defences although he hasn't posted on this thread.

Most of their victims are personally selected 'targets' who live in the Bournemouth/Poole area which is where Devere, for the most part, operate.

I believe they have some accounts nearer Southampton and unless the OP is mistakenly conferring city status on Bournemouth or Poole,

this could be nearer Southampton, Salisbury or perhaps Winchester.

However the OP may live nearer Bournemouth so Bournemouth would still be the local court for the OP, if it get's that far.

What we don't know is how many cases actually get to court and how many victims cave in before court or at mediation.

I would suggest that less than 5% of Devere's court targets post on the forums.

Devere ARE DIFFERENT to nearly all other PPC's.

He has tried and trusted methods which have worked over the years.

Issue a ticket, driver ignores.

After a couple of months send a reminder, driver ignores,

after another 6-8 weeks send another letter saying pay up in 7 days or court action.

Driver caves in or court papers are issued.

The reminder may or may not be sent but if it gets to court, Devere will say it was sent and have a copy.

In the OP's case an appeal has been made and a response hasn't been sent.

If you hadn't phoned up the next letter you would have received the pay up in 7 days or court letter or even straight into a court letter.

I would suggest the OP gets an itemised phone bill showing your calls to Devere.

In the unlikely event this did get to court these calls would not have happened as far as Devere were concerned.

At some stage a Devere target needs to post up the documentation received from Devere, redacted of all personal details.

I suspect he is paying scant regard to BPA guidelines as they don't tie in with his MO.

He certainly won't want to cough up the PPC's POPLA fee whereas a £25 court fee is seen as a reasonable investment.

Even if he reads this forum he will know exactly who the OP is anyway from the details provided already.

Was a ticket stuck on the car at the time or was it sent in the post ?

If the latter, how many days after the incident was the letter sent ?

Devere have an arrangement at Poole Quarter Housing for residents to take a photo of the car,

e-mail it to Devere who will then issue the ticket.

If the former what was the gist of the reply - driver didn't see signs ?

What was on Devere's reply by recorded delivery and any reference to dates and POPLA appeals ?

Was the letter addressed to the registered keeper and did it make any reference to the what action to take if the RK was not the driver ?

Presumably it did as your partner responded confirming she was the driver.

What was the gist of this reply to Devere ? Did you keep copies ?

Whilst POPLA might suggest you get legal advice it is also important that at some stage Devere's paperwork

and timelines are scrutinised for possible breaches of the BPA Code of Practice.

Devere's MO tries to bypass all the BPA/POPLA stuff.

This thread is different to other recent ones where posters arrived when court papers had already been issued.

Did you get a POPLA appeal no from Devere ?

You phoned POPLA but who have Devere failed to respond to, you or POPLA ?

Ref Devere's inclusion of CCJ details, did the details give a name ?

Anyone think that could breach Data Protection ?

If the OP can enlighten us we can get on and help in relation to the BPA Code of Practice and POPLA appeals, without the petty bickering.