style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks SG am using chrome now, wonder if it works on there!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes Ford, still seems slow but not like it was when I had IE as the browser

it seems pretty much as per that link i posted #109, once system ram is used up (for whatever reason) it goes into virtual ram which is slower. as you are not getting the low memory notice in general use, its prob not fatal just a 'hint' re a health check. you could try customising virtual mem as per that link eg setting a min and max. what other errors do you get?

as locutus says, 2gb is bare min re a 64 bit system.

and if you can't identify a particular program etc re memory hog/leak, then adding more ram then seems an idea. if so, try and get the same type and double it (to 4) if poss to keep the ddr?

maybe see what your tech support says, seeing as you have paid for it might as well use it?

re website use, maybe one of those addons/plugins are affecting things. disable one, try again. if still probs, disable another and try. etc

also, did you end up trying that 64bit fox? give it a go if you prefer fox, can always uninstall it.

ensure that anything installed is 64bit compatible. if not, try running the prog in 32bit mode.

Edited by Ford

It worked on Chrome on my dad's PC, seems one of the Java uploads 'eats' memory and leaves lots of 'markers' that the memory is in use when it isn't. He cleared it by disabling it (after using the fix to stop it crashing the system) then re-installed it from the Java site.

I think there may be a Microsoft update which fixes the Chrome problem out.

Have you tried a System Restore, that usually works for most problems.

am with you re java, i don't have it 'installed' in the addons in fox. also, have its auto update and run disabled (via autoruns). also use noscript.

Edited by Ford

get no other errors Ford just the memory one, for now chrome seems to be running fine, just for face book, I have to use it in ingognito but it works! lol

Not done a system restore SG,Comp is now a month old

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

get no other errors Ford just the memory one, for now chrome seems to be running fine, just for face book, I have to use it in ingognito but it works! lol

try disabling one by one at a time those addons you mentioned see if it affects the 'incognito'?

Edited by Ford

if I put the mask me, or do not track me on then the page does not work, have removed them and ad block so can use face book! lol I am not a fan of f/b tbh

lol if I put them on face book does not work! I will check see if there is a noscript, also just noticed I wanted to put a picture on a site I am admin on and I am not able to see them? they are there, I have to guess which one I want and hope it is right one, until it loads to the site I am not able to tell. I think either I am going mad or this comp is jinxed, it is an ASUS make

whats its spec/model number?

prob not the pc itself (apart from perhaps amount of memory), but other things eg addons, third party progs, browser setup, overall setup, etc.

PC K5130

4.3 WINDOWS EXPERIENCE

INTEL CELERON CPOG1610 @ 2.60 GHZ

2.60 GHZ

INSTALLED MEMORY 2.00 GB ( 1.70 GB USABLE )

64 BIT

anything else you need Ford?

did you try the removal tool?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

yes Locutus, I am not a pc expert though!

seems ok, fair spec :)

have you got all those asus utilities running? which may be affecting things?

my guess is you have the on board graphics one. no probs though. eg mine (diy build) is onboard graphics with 2gb (win 7 32 bit though) with a lower single core amd processor. i have no probs, including 'standard' gaming. my allocated virtual ram is about the same as yours around 2900. but i dont have many things running.

as yours is 64 bit, unless you can id a particular memory problem program, then more system ram? i think that would make a difference?

Edited by Ford

ok Ford thanks for that, just wanted to know if it is ok to run it as it is for now? I will have a look see what I what I can remove safely see if that improves things. I do not d/l films, music etc and will see if can find the noscript

yes, is ok to continue to run imo. don't worry, is nothing fatal. you're not getting memory warnings whilst in use, just re the health check. things will slow up when it goes into virtual memory, thats normal. thing is trying to id whats causing a memory hog, trial by error. from what you have posted so far, my guess is more system ram may help?

Edited by Ford

ok thank you, will have to see how much that will cost, your help and advice is much appreaciated

still can not see pics, hard to explain, they are there but not there, I have to guess which one I want and click it in the hope it is right one, may just reset comp back to facotory settings or something and see what happens?

ok, see what happens now, got firefox back as browser, sort of started from scratch, not done a health check but up to yet running all right

had to go back to chrome, did the script thing as suggested but nothing works and it also kept saying needed java which I already had, checked and rechecked but it was not having it! I also tried the firefox suggested to me but that was same, still not done a health check since resetting comp so will see how it runs, wish not had this one to be honest but suppose we are all lured by bargains/sales and being short of money thought it would be all right!

things still slowing up?

did you try customising the virtual memory as per previous link?

ok, download this, unzip, and run (double click) the procexp.exe when things are going slow, will be able to see what resources (memory) are being used by each service/program. look out for the third party progs. use with caution.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896653

Edited by Ford

thanks Ford, had to use chrome but now having to restart comp a few times and each time I do it keeps saying updating and takes ages to do it

sounds like windows update, seeing as you just 'started fom scratch again'? that should settle down just now once all the updates have gone through

right done a health check and no issues! lol did increase the virtual memory, it now says Normal, 75% using,, 436 MB available, and showing amber