style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

need to know now where I stand, not able to go back to the shop until at least Monday as Pete is working

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bob

how are you getting on?

maybe start a thread in the currys subforum?

re soga, i would've thought that a pc sold 'ready' should be able to undertake basic general pc use including internet etc without seizing up? so long as its not due to a particular adverse third party software or a virus for eg. and, in any event they should at least take it in to have a look at without charge? if it is faulty, then isn't their '21 days' irrelevant?

see what others think

Edited by Ford

hi Ford, they still want me to either do a restore or take it back to factory setting, I have not long got in from work

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

right, decided to do as they suggested and reset comp back to factory settings, have done a health check and the virtual memory is still showing as low, have not put my pictures or anything back as saved them to a disc, so come Monday I think this is going back

latest email from the knowhow team

Thank you for your email regarding your Asus PC. Ref: 3379227446.

Having completed the recovery and still having the problems this would require a workshop intervention (repair).

Asus themselves repair this product, please contact them on 08448 008 3400 between 09:00 - 17:00 Monday -Friday.

Should you need any further support you can contact us either via email or by telephone on 0844 561 1234, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Graham

Knowhow Technical

Theyre wrong. The retailer must organise the repairs under soga. Not tge customet

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

thanks renegadeimp, and sorry for delay in reply but not feeing too good today. I have a day off so going box it back up and take it with receipt and take it back as it is now worse then it was

If you were close to where i live, i would fix it for you. But since it is quite obviously the retailers problem now, please dont let them walk all over you. The system is clearly not functioning as described, and they seem to be simply palming the responsibility off onto you and the manufacturer.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

For Internet Explorer 8 users

The Amazon Toolbar may be uninstalled using your computer's Add/Remove Programs feature. Open your Windows Start menu, go to 'Settings', click on 'Control Panel.' Then double click 'Add/Remove Programs.' Click on 'Amazon Toolbar' and then click the 'Remove' button. The next time you open a new browser window, the Amazon Toolbar will no longer appear.

For Firefox 3 users

To uninstall the Amazon Toolbar from Firefox 3 browser, click 'Tools' on browser menu bar, select 'Add-ons', select 'Amazon Toolbar' and then click on uninstall button to uninstall Amazon Toolbar.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000451323#q7

renegadeimp, I've already uninstalled it from there, and I'm going to reboot the PC as I've removed a load of other programmes I don't use.

I have a minor keyboard drag which needs sorting out next, then I have another PC which needs unlocking, it is quite an old one but still works well.

I'm off sick with a hacking cough today, already had two lots of inhaler to help clear my throat, think I got the bug off my great nephews and great nieces....

an update, please bear with me as using library computer!I took my comp back to Curry's/PCworld and told them I wanted a refund, was asked what was wrong with it so told them, they tried to see what the problems was but as it would not load etc they just gave me a full refund saying there was deff something wrong with it!They did ask if I wanted to upgrade to another comp but they were out of stock of that one, said no so for now am without a computer!Thanks for all the help

Use that money and hunt around. You can get a much better one for the same money. Try and stay away from pcworld. They overcharge on EVERYTHING.

Congratulations on getting your money back in full. Dont hesitate to come back for advice if you need it :)

thats good bob :)

as rene says, look around. try get 4gb (instead of 2) system ram if within budget.

Edited by Ford

Should easily get a barebones i3 system for 250. Wont be super powerful, but its enough to use MS office, the internet and play facebook or miniclip games.

hello, I am back, got a packard bell with 4 gb DDR3 Memory, 500 gb hard drive, it is also wireless which last one was not,has Intel HD graphics, just finished setting it up so will see how it goes

it is a lot better at the moment Ford :)

yes windows 8, model number is : S2870, iMedia

hope that is what you wanted! lol

yes windows 8, 64 bit

• 3 weeks later...

anyone shed any light on this please and if so what do I do/ total novice tbh

Informational

Symptom: Missing Events in Event Log

Details: Investigate why 23% (4,994) events were lost during data collection. The settings for Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) maximum buffers and buffer size may not be optimal depending on which data sets are being collected.

Related: Event Tracing for Windows

Is it anything to be concerned about?

Hi Bobcat2,

The issue relates to storing of event data, so I dont think I would have been worried about this one, unless you are developing a .NET application?.

And if your system is running alright, I think you can safely ignore it

G