BC CCA returned not signed. Worried about default after 11 years.

Rayn2036
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you were still paying in November of last year, it WONT be statute barred ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed so a confusion here.

The Barclaycard letter have been sent rather indiscriminately I have had one any my account has been properly reported for years.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If it is now a compliant DN but a default has been recorded before then no they can not add one again.

Dx I know we have had this conversation before

but you really have no evidence that anything is wrong with the way eurodebt have handled this account.

Having said that a full statement from eurodebt would be a good idea.

It seen it now a waiting game.

Will a compliant S78 request turn up before SB is reached.

The biggest danger imho is them selling it and the new owners being trigger happy

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

dx speaks from a long and varied experience of these DCAs, not just the odd one that he may have personal experience of, and there is much on record regarding Eurodebt and others DCAs that shows how they work (or don't) within law and regulation.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I was referring to this account not eurodebt as an organisation. Without evidence it is wrong to say the op has been fleeced by eurodebt. Something the forum could be liable for

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Point taken however all those were several years ago before the OFT tightened up and many DMC's handed back their licences or otherwise exited the market. You can noy judge a company on such old data that is all I am saying.

In most markets companies rise and fall and some rise again

Thank you guys for all your input.

Personally, it was my choice to go with Eurodebt because at that time (2002), I never heard of any other company who could have helped me.

They managed to reduce my monthly payment to £40 per month from £400 I was paying,

but obviously I had to sacrifice my credit file as I had no other choices.

Saying that, they never helped me in any other way.

Example - they never asked to see original agreement from my creditors.

They never negotiated low F & F settlement.

One thing that annoys me now the most is, I was told debt will be wiped out after 6 years.

When I raised this question after six years,

I was told what they meant was the CRA file will be clean after 6 years.

But hey I have now found helpful people here in CAG and only regret is why didn't I come across this site way earlier.

Will be writing to BC as per your suggestions and update to follow.

Thank you.

Rayn

My personal view which I know isn't universally shared is that you should use whatever debt remedy is right for you at the time.

I think that the DMC's that still exist are now much better but yes it must be very galling if you are led to believe

that after 6 years you will be debt free and you aren't.

It would be lovely if in the bundle of letters you get back from ED there was one that said that but I somewhat doubt it.

I used a feepayer for a couple of years and at the time it was the right thing for me to do,

if I got a letter or a phone call I just scanned it and emailed it to them.

I had enough stress at the time with my job and facing the size of my debts, in fact even admitting them was a huge issue.

When I left them I was sent a full statement .

It might have helped that I personally knew the person who ran the DMP.

Keep us informed

• 3 weeks later...

big deal

P2P are a powerless doorsteeping company

just like all DCA's

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and never ever will have any powers.

as for the DMC's saying your file will be clear after 6yrs..

it would be clear anyway, as long as the debts are defaulted

any debt with a default in the summary line

TOTALLY VANISHES on the defaults 6th birthday, paid or not

with a DMC or not.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Received letter from Power2Contact saying they wants to visit me at my house. How should I respond? They have give me 72 hours to respond. Thank you.

Dear Curr Or Madman,

Ret. use theirs.

Re Home Visit,

I am receipt of your letter dated xx.xx.xxxx, please take note I do not discuss any personal matters with unknown individuals and If such a visit is made your agent/employee will "invited" to leave failure to do so will result in their removal with police assistance if necessary.

I will communicate only in writing, no telephone calls, e-mails or text messages will be answered to continue to communicate in any other way than in writing will be considered harassment. ( see Appeal Court Judgement Robertson - V - BOS.)

Brig

Can you please post a link to roberston v BOS as I can not find it

However as I have said before I think you mean Roberts V Bank of Scotland

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/882.html

You could send an edited version of this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit-(update-21.04.2014)

Or then there is the less polite version of "insert expletive" If you turn up I will call the police

Brig

Can you please post a link to roberston v BOS as I can not find it

However as I have said before I think you mean Roberts V Bank of Scotland

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/882.html

You could send an edited version of this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit-(update-21.04.2014)

Or then there is the less polite version of "insert expletive" If you turn up I will call the police

Apologies I don't know where the "son" came from Roberts - v - Bank of Scotland, Google Appeal Court Decisions.

Hi Ryan,

Power2Contact tend not to be too hard to get rid of. If they do attend, simply tell them to leave, refuse to discuss anything, then close the door.

See the letter here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit-(update-21.04.2014)

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Sorry - my last post was made without seeing the replies here on page 4 of your thread.

:oops:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 months later...

well that's clearly wrong under ICo

guidelines

you need to write to BC

stating that the debt was already defaulted on XXXXXX ref mercers letter in the SAR pck

please remove the new default.

dx

and they

What was the date on the Default notice sent by Mercers originally ?

B/shark wrote to a lot of people some time ago to say they had messed up with their DNs and gave the date they would be using on Credit reference files.

If you have a copy of the previous Default date then you should challenge this new one.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you DX for your reply. I sent the letter attached after receiving their letter mentioning their intention to default, to which they replied saying they will investigate the default and get back to me. They haven't replied until now but now they have gone and defaulted the account. I would appreciate if anyone can draft me a strong letter to contest this default.

Do you know the date of the original default.. you say it was defaulted 11 years previously ? If you had made any payments to the account after that default date, then they could claim that you remedied the breach !

BCOBS

Do you know the date of the original default.. you say it was defaulted 11 years previously ? If you had made any payments to the account after that default date, then they could claim that you remedied the breach !

I do not even know if it was actually defaulted at all. That's why I started this thread. But most of the contributor to this thread assumed it must have been defaulted hence I assumed the same.

I do not even know if it was actually defaulted at all. That's why I started this thread. But most of the contributor to this thread assumed it must have been defaulted hence I assumed the same.

Hi Rayn,

I suggest you make a SAR to BC asap so you will get all the data on the account.

Specify you want proper copies of default notices not generic representations of what might have sent.

It is likely as Citizen B has said that this one of BCs foul ups on DNs and reporting to the CRAs.

is there a note in the comms/account log of the sar?

dx

and they