eurodebt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

can anyone please give me any advice about eurodebt, as my inlaws are paying them a set amount per month, but thier creditor's are not recieving the stated level of payments and when they are paid it is late.

I'd never heard of eurodebt before, but apparently they've been around since 1996 - and they're quite a large reputable company!! (So I'm told)

Don't worry too much about creditors claiming they've not had their money, or it's late or whatever. They'll be getting their money alright, this is just part of the fun and games.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/66897-debt-management-organisations.html?highlight=payplan

The cut-throat competition created by traditional DCA's competing with the ultra nasty purchase agencies means that many are now prepared to bypass DMP's or third parties altogether.....but they need to employ a few tricks and devious ways to get you to reopen negotiations with them directly....at your peril!!!

Eurodebt will probably advise you better on this, but my personal opinion for what it's worth, is that any contact from DCA's should be redirected to eurodebt and you should not try to deal with them yourself. If creditors start to pester you directly again, get onto Eurodebt and tell them what's happening. They should be able to deal with this for you.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Hi,

can anyone please give me any advice about eurodebt, as my inlaws are paying them a set amount per month, but thier creditor's are not recieving the stated level of payments and when they are paid it is late.

Simple...! Stop this now!

Work out their own pro-rata budget and pay it direct. Cut out the middle man and the hassle that goes with it. That said, if you'ld rather have a middle man then i'ld suggest (and reccomend) CCCS, it's free as well!

CCCS -

Good luck, Dave.

Hi guy's

thanks for your quick reply's. So what can my in-law's do about the letters from thier creditors. Do they just inform eurodebt and leave it up to them. Or do they contact thier creditors and state that all comunication must go through eurodebt instead.

They also have contacted thier local eurodebt rep, asking for a complete breakdown of where all thier money that is being taken out of their account has gone.

thanks

mick

• 2 years later...

all eurodebt are is stealth ROBBERS

they led my fiance to believe she was having an IVA and would all be over in 3 years. this was 3 years ago, although the amount she was paying etc i thought they had put her on a debt management plan which is totally different she carried on. last year she found out she was actualyy on a DMP and NOT an IVA and she would be paying for probably at least 30 years with the amount she was paying. so after some thought she went bankrupt and she was discharge less than a year later. initially she had to pay for 3 years but when her circumstances changed they suspended this and may close the whole account off.

moral of the story

DONT USE EURODEBT.

no complaints have been made because my fiance just wants that part of her life behind her but left to me i would have gone to the top preying on vunerable people like that.

• 1 year later...

My father in law was referred to Eurodebt by a friend of his and he has nothing but good to say about the company and the advisor who came out to see him.

They carried out a full analysis of his income and household spendings and have dealt with all the debt collectors and creditors who were constantly calling him.

He did talk to the Consumer Credit counselling service but had to deal with them over the phone and complete all the paperwork themselves.

Pa In Law was happy to pay for Eurodebt's services to deal with his problems & they've done all they said they would.

My father in law was referred to Eurodebt by a friend of his and he has nothing but good to say about the company and the advisor who came out to see him.

They carried out a full analysis of his income and household spendings and have dealt with all the debt collectors and creditors who were constantly calling him.

He did talk to the Consumer Credit counselling service but had to deal with them over the phone and complete all the paperwork themselves.

Pa In Law was happy to pay for Eurodebt's services to deal with his problems & they've done all they said they would.

Slow day at Eurodebt:flypig:

EuroDebt director Kevin Still said: "With over 870,000 complaints it would suggest that we should have serious concerns over the quality of service and transparency of fees with such a high number of complaints in a six-month period regarding banking and loans.

Eurodebt

An agent from Eurodebt Ltd came to see Tara Cooper.

Tara says, "The agent was very pushy and insisted I paid him, before he left. I wrote out three post dated cheques totalling £1,200".

The service wasn't cheap. As well as an upfront fee of £1,200, Tara was to pay £53 monthly to Eurodebt Ltd.

Of that £35 went to the company - just £18 would be passed on to creditors.

Tara started to feel that out of her monthly fee, not enough was going to the creditors.

Debt management companies have to operate within guidelines set by the Office of Fair Trading.

Credit Action is a charity which gives free advice to people in debt.

Keith Tondeur from the charity says that Eurodebt Ltd must do things according to the law:

"They're perfectly legal - but certain things must be explained.

"To get someone to sign post-dated cheques at a first meeting is a clear breach of guidelines."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/politics_show/7852225.stm

Definitely strongly advise that this outfit is given a very wide berth, they have no intention of helping anyone in debt, why would you pay a fee when you are already in debt, and you can do the job far quicker cheaper and more professionally than any outfit that simply makes a gain out of your misery, kick these muppets into touch ASAP..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have just complained direct via E mail to this outfit. They keep calling and writing to me best one they didn't pay postage on one and I was charged by the post office. I thaught it was important documents that I missed (house sale) and when I went to collect was nothing more than thier junk mail. £1.35 what a flaming cheek. lso seems that they are trolling county courts for people with CCJ's THEN WRIING TO OFFER HELP TO THEM INCLUDING THE COURT REF NUMBERS :shock:

wonder what we can do about them

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No just answer and laugh at them, every question they ask, just reply with laughter, if you've got the laughing policeman put that on and play that to them.

or blow rasperries down the phone.....oh boy, I am sooooo childish!:dance:

Eurodebt are connected with the Credit Expert bloke, they DO troll court lists and send debtors letters (mine was on yellow/orange paper) and tell them they can help get the debt paid and not on your record....

Well in my case Eurodebt went sniffing up the wrong tree cos I did owe the money and was waiting for the court to decide that it was just the original sum owed, which was agreed and paid in a week.. I complained to Trading Standards about Eurodebt and was told that there was little I could do as the court lists are in the public domain.

The whole set up stinks if you ask me, court lists should NOT be public property to be bought and sold.

bazooka its good to be daft now and again I plan to use my sons posterior for the raspberries as he is a master of the "trade" fsamily joke says that he has enough windpower to keep britain going for the next century LOL

seriously silly girl though Is sick they should use tactics like that to drum up buisiness my ccj@s are already deal with and the compnies know that they are to be paid within the next few weeks so I don't need services from them at all. Thing is they charge through the nose for thier services for people that are already in trouble and they could make matters worse what happens if they default on the DMP payments will they start court proceedings against them as well getting them into a worse and worse situation. AS everyone says use CCCS CAB PayPLan or any free services. OH BTW about pst you know who the masgazine has just sent a photographer over monday for pics will let you know when its to be run

• 3 weeks later...

if they call again just ask them to take your name off the list as they will have to by law, also just make sure you dont do any surveys or when you apply for stuff make sure you tick the box that says you dont allow ur details to be passed on to other companies offering there services.

This is how they get your info and same as the courts any ccj as soon as its passed in court it will go on the public domain the same day and there is nothing you can do about it unless you dont let a ccj happen to your self