lowell/bw legal SD for old CAp1 debt ...HELP!! newbie!!

sarajonsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you could answer the above questions sara then Ill move onto a none response.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sarajonsey ,

Just read your situation and my heart goes out to you and i can say with some clarity that i know exactly what your going through as my story is very like yours and involves same companies.

I veiwed your credit agreement and was shocked to see it was not at all like i was given as my original agreement and it has confirmed to me i have been given a totally altered copie.

The one you show is the one i signed in 2006! so i thank you for that as iv been trying to view one.

We need to all compare letters etc so i'm going to try and upload my papers later for view inlight it might help us all find the key to this dilemma i will keep all posted :gossip: xx

Looking back through my box of stuff, the last letter they wrote to me was back in 2011 where they had my CPR31.14 request and they had been told the account was in serious dispute.....the letter they sent me said that there was no record of a dispute (I have all the letters and receipts for posting them registered mail) and because I hadn't responded further they were "returning my account to the collections chase ".( I keep EVERYTHING! so how they can say there was no dispute ..I have all the letters and replies)

Since then all the letters have been sent to the wrong address so I have not had the chance to respond, until the SD delivered by hand.

Edited by sarajonsey
spelling

joint mortgage, no assets....possibly a little bit of equity but hardly anything.

Same here but my half of equity is nearly £40,000 my original debt was £450.00 on £500 limit and i paid DD i moved one month after took out 2006 and never got one statement or notification i had gone over limit in first month with PPI and fees, now on a disputed £850.00 debt they are asking £20,000 !:Cry: xx

Thanks for that, the reason I ask is that the CPR31.14 letter is sent once county court proceedings have been brought against someone. Bankruptcy proceedings follow a different sent of rules and processes (annoyingly).

We've a few people going to take a look at the thread, we should be able to provide lots of help and support going forward - we're just awaiting for people to come online.

Same here but my half of equity is nearly £40,000 my original debt was £450.00 on £500 limit and i paid DD i moved one month after took out 2006 and never got one statement or notification i had gone over limit in first month with PPI and fees, now on a disputed £850.00 debt they are asking £20,000 !:Cry: xx
Glad that anything of mine can help you in your situation....I can fully understand how you must feel .

Sent the letter Registered post...but what happens if they don't reply....?

Think you have asked this before. If they don't repond, then if they proceed to issue a bankrupty petition against you, then you challenge it, showing that you had offered payment based on affordability. That you have no assets to pay them, as there is no equity in the house. They would be creating an even bigger debt by using bankruptcy which would not achieve them getting payment. Cannot see any Judge accepting that bankruptcy was a sensible option.

They should respond, but it may take awhile, as they would have to consult Lowell.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If it was me in your position then I would be fighting it, but are you prepared to go to court to fight your corner and show that you won't be bullied ? You have clear evidence of a dispute that they haven't fully addressed from what I can see. If you do go to court then you should be forearmed with relevant knowledge. Bearing in mind that I certainly would want to see all compliant paperwork.

As has been said you have 18 days from the date the demand was delivered to you to set aside at the nearest court to you that handles bankruptcies / insolvency - you can find them here (reason being is that not all county courts handle insolvencies / bankruptcies) - https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/

You will need to have a read of this thread here and the links contained in it - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?355482-SD-from-Lowells-via-Hampton-Legal-for-CAP1-card-debt-HELP!!&highlight=lowells

I will say again you need to be able to fight your corner and show your resolve. If you need help give a shout.

Thanks 42man

I would like to fight it, but don't know whether I can do it?

I appreciate all the help given on here,

I have since replied to that letter now with the advice given,

however have started to get the letters coming in now from all the others, same position....disputed,

they have replied with recon or nothing all all except a letter saying "no matter what you still owe this money and we will not go away", i

t would seem that they are all taking the same route now. I have 5 in all.

Each one has been in dispute since 2009/2010 ,

each has been tossed around a selection of DCAs ,

each of them I have been offered a substantial discount...

quiet for a long time and

now they have all come back with the going to court route to petition for bankruptcy.

Each letter suggesting that I have not given enough evidence to support my dispute?

I have followed all the template letters on here....

p'haps start threads for each one

certainly

if a dca is offering a discount

theres a reason

you need to find it out

prob PENALTY charges or PPI etc etc.

are all these debts showing on your CRA file too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so they've mostly been defaulted 6yrs prior and have dropped off never to return.

the statute barring date will be 6yrs from you last financial transaction or written ack

with you signing the letter.

so you need to do some digging.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When did you stop making the token payments exactly ?

What disputes did you register ?

Do you have all the paperwork for these disputes ?

Are you in a good place where you can go into a court room to make arguments, if there is a hearing ? You could be arguing against Solicitors acting for BW Legal/Lowell.

You really have to be in a good position, if you want to apply for the set aside. If you are not ready, it is better to make affordable payments and to then make enquiries about any dispute issues you have. It is giving you time to challenge any unfair charges etc.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

When did you stop making the token payments exactly ?

What disputes did you register ?

Do you have all the paperwork for these disputes ?

Are you in a good place where you can go into a court room to make arguments, if there is a hearing ? You could be arguing against Solicitors acting for BW Legal/Lowell.

You really have to be in a good position, if you want to apply for the set aside. If you are not ready, it is better to make affordable payments and to then make enquiries about any dispute issues you have. It is giving you time to challenge any unfair charges etc.

Yes I have kept all the paperwork, I sent the CCA request and when this wasn't complied with I sent the next dispute letter and that was it, didn't hear any more it just got passed around a lot of DCAs sometimes several at the same time so I sent an harassment letter as well.

What response do I sent the others who are now threatening pre-court action.....I have already replied to the SD....taking unclebulgarias advice in offering a token payment but now I have another 4 to deal with who have just suddenly come out of the woodwork :(

Edited by sarajonsey