• Tweets

• Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles.
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Kensington SPO ***Resolved***

markez78uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay positive Mark, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

well ellenn where do I start ?

judge has adjourned the case for 4 months allowing me to pay the proposals and cancelled the eviction in 2 days .

so we won !!

I cant thankyou enough for all your help and support you have been amazing

and thanks for the other people who have sent best wishes .

judge has also stated to keenys rep he wants a full breakdown of charges

and reasons the cmi keep's going up every 2/3 months even when the arrears and balance have been coming down

- they did pull the negative equity card -

however thanks to dx

I could show there where over £6000 charges and that was only up till 2015 so the arrears where wrong ,

also the upon the opening statement by the rep his arrears figure was wrong to what was on my statement

- t hey hadn't taken off Aprils £888 payment .

I really cant thankyou enough and I send my full regards to the effort you put in for me !

I have no others words than thanks so so much for guiding me and helping myself and family through this stressful time ..

That's great news Mark, you must be so relieved. Good to hear that the judge has queried the lender's figures and increase in cmi - did you give him your updated statement in the hearing ?

Please, please ensure you make the agreed payments on time every month - you most definitely won't get another chance - if your payment is late even by one day they will issue an eviction order immediately and the judge won't be happy after giving you a chance today (Kenny's will be annoyed they lost today and will be monitoring your account for just one mistake)

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

yes I gave him the statement as you said.

the rep asked me in a side room if I wanted to add anything

I said no and then produced the statement in front of the judge.

I know I wont be missing any payments and also I have it now at cmi + 200

so it miles more affordable than last order of cmi + 280

even tho Kenny took cmi + 300

I so so happy

ell-enn I cant thank you enough !!!!! you have ben amazing !!!

the judge did state the account will be reviewed in 4 months

- I presume as long as I stick to the offered payments

all will be ok in 4 months time at the 2 nd hearing ?

regards

mark

Yes, provided you keep to the payments all should be OK at the next hearing.

I'm so pleased you got a good outcome - I must admit the amount of the arrears worried me a bit in case the judge thought the account was unaffordable - that's why I put so much info into your statement so he would query the lenders figures etc etc

yes I gave him the statement like you advised.

the rep had me in a side room for over 25 mins and kept asking is there anything you want to add - I replied no and then produced the statement after the judges opening greeting .

I presume as long as I stick to the proposal that when I go back to court in 4 months no further action will happen ?

the judge also stated the same as above

- he gives kennys permission to grant the eviction if I default on my offer .

which I wont as its more affordable as now its cmi + 200 and not cmi +280 even tho kennys took cmi + 300 :(

you have been amazing and so helpful - I'm truly grateful ell-enn

ooh I thought first reply had deleted oops :(

thanks ell-enn your effort and support are out of this world !

I'm going to eat and sleep tonight !

Great news and excellent work by Ellenn....well done markez78uk :-)

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hey there you go never doubted the outcome

and wonderful on the charges too.

by the time the 4mts come around

we'll have things done properly and

I bet the judge will demand they remove them.

so, do you need to now get an sar running and get every statement

so we can complete the CISHEET?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would keep an eye on any legal fees Kennys may come up with and add to this account. When the account is reviewed have a separate sheet with the legal fees for the aborted reposessions handy and ask for those fees to be reviewed.

Make sure you have the money available and if possible try to pay it into the account early to avoid 'banking delays'. The Abbey National tried that one on me but I had paid the money in a week early over the Easter period knowing what they were like!

Today has been a good day :)

Also I hope and advise anyone with similar issues to ask for help and guidance from the people on here they are amazing and very knowledgeable . Amazing I'm on cloud 9 .

Thanks one and all ...esp ellenn

Good morning.

Still can't believe we did it ! Thanks again.just interested to see if the cmi changes over the next 4 months ? As judge has requested a full reasoning of it .

I'm so glad it's all over . And I'm making weekly payments to them now so they will have the money 6 days before its due every month ..

I won't keep going on ! BUT THANK YOU ALL !

Hope you had a good night's sleep :)

When you are ready to do your mortgage SAR , I have affixed the mortgage subject access request letter - you will need to enclose a £10 postal order - it's very important you write your name and account number on the back and also the following words "fee for subject access request - not to be used as payment on account".

Take a photocopy of the front and back of the postal order and keep safe with your copy of the SAR letter - send recorded delivery (and keep receipt to check on royal mail website for signature proof)

Mortgage subject access request.doc

• 1 month later...

Hi guys . Just a quick one .

I've stuck to arrangement past 2 months

have been offerd a new job 200 a month more .

i Have taken it

my pay date will change by 2 weeks (2 weeks later than court order )

I called Kenny's to see if that would be an issue

they stated they will seek possession now as the payment will be 2 weeks late.

can they do this ??

I finished last jjob on the 20th June and started new one

the paydate will be the 14th of each month

but I was due to pay on the 1st .

I only got 2/12 weeks pay from last job because I had holidays deducted from my pay .

I have offerd 1000 a month instead of the agreed 892

was 888 last month but they have slapped all the solicitor costs on from past couple of months

and upped the cmi this month to cover the fees :( .

When I advised them I was changing jobs and also I can send in my last pay slip

and told them I was paying 1000 a month every month on the 14th

I was told no point sending paper work in as the account has footer notes to proceed with futher action if payment is a day late :(

Regards

Mark

I would advise you confirm your situation in writing - write exactly what you said over the phone and the response you received. Keep a copy for yourself and send their copy by a method that ensures you receive a signature the other end.

Meanwhile I will let Ellen know what is going on.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi, as CB says - you must put your situation in writing to them and send by recorded delivery (preferably special delivery). Keep a copy of the letter and ensure the postal receipt is kept safe so you can print off the signature receipt. If you need help with the letter let me know, but it must be sent as a matter of urgency.

They will without doubt apply for a warrant again which you will need to defend again, you will need proof to show the judge you have a legitimate reason for delay in payment.

• Haha 1