Swift advances help required please

Fayjax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys.

Just realise that its an 'unregulated agreement' and a 'Non FSA Mortgage'.

What does this mean? Should I be aware of anything please?

Does this affect any rights or do I have to complain in a different manner?

Would love it if someone could elaborate on this.

Kind Regards

Fay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

i really need help from anyone and it will greatly be appreciated. I got a secured loan from swift advances back in Oct 2005 for roughly £28k. the repayments on the agreement wer and still are 469.82 per month (this includes interest and repayment). i was not told anything else. Last year i checked what i owed as i believed it should have been cleared by now. Calculation of £469.82 every month for 7 years is £39464.88, which is way over what i borrowed plus interest. i was so happy thinking its all clear and so i called swift to confirm.But guess what they told me? i STILL OWE THEM £65000!!!! even after everything was cleared last year (well before that). I almost had a HEART ATTACK.

I paid £10 and got my SAR and i see that £7500 was PPI which i had no idea about!

i really dont know what to do. I definetly dont want to carry on paying them as i dont need to.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

Hi Hunter, your predicament is typical of the Swift situation and just more proof to show the extortion. You could start with your PPI reclaim. The PPI was added to the loan and probably ceased to be active after five years, but still accruing interest on your loan. £7500! The agreement was obviously not clear otherwise you would not have entered into it. Have account charges been added to the loan? Did the interest increase over time even though interest rates are historically low? Make your complaint to them and tell us how you get on.

Hi guys

I have just received the response from my complaint a few days ago from Swift and unfortunately there’s been no luck.

They have categorically denied all alleged complaints by me and have offered me as form of goodwill just over £300 reduction plus interest (how cheeky is that). I have 2 weeks to either accept the offer and they have confirmed that this is the final response that they are willing to give me regarding this complaint.

I feel gutted at the moment and don’t know what to do now.

It’s an unregulated loan so not many bodies I can complain to – they even mentioned that to me on the complaint regarding FOS.

Any advice guys or are we doomed with these people. I know they will take the house away eventually. I feel that’s their ultimate plan.

Kind Regards

Fay

• 2 weeks later...

IMO it would have been an unfair agreement if your father was given the loan with Swift knowing his age at the time would mean the payments took him past retirement. Is this the case? It's clear affordability would be an issue so not responsible lending.

Edited by determindator

Hi Hunter, your predicament is typical of the Swift situation and just more proof to show the extortion. You could start with your PPI reclaim. The PPI was added to the loan and probably ceased to be active after five years, but still accruing interest on your loan. £7500! The agreement was obviously not clear otherwise you would not have entered into it. Have account charges been added to the loan? Did the interest increase over time even though interest rates are historically low? Make your complaint to them and tell us how you get on.

Hi determindator

Thank you for your reply.

I am not about the charges on ppi I will check, also I can't remember the brokers name will swift be able to tell me and do I claim the ppi from the broker or swift?

Just to let you know I had a statement come through, last months payment was 3 days late and the charged about £750 just for interest! And a late charge of £65!

Is this right? Can they charge so much?

No they cant.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D