How Long Before ATOS Call You for An ESA Medical These Days?

wmj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was just wondering how many weeks after an ESA claim starts ATOS generally call you for a medical these days?

I'm sure when I claimed it a few years ago I was called in on week 12, they made their decision in week 13 and then I was put into a group in week 14 but I think this time around I'm heading towards week 13 and neither ATOS or DWP have contacted me (other than DWP sending me a letter last month to remind me my Fit Note was about to expire so to send another)

I am in the support group, at the moment and have just sent my ESA 50 away. So what happens to me?

Do I stay in support group till after my medical?

If its a long wait I dont mind if I stay in the support group lol

I've been in support group just under 2 years, and have just filled in a new ESA50, I was put in the support group without a medical, I'm on IV nutrition and hydration, or as it's called Total Parenteral Nutrition, amongst all my other medical problems

Indeed. No reminder or prepaid envelope this period.

You want to keep an eye on your fit notes too as the DWP are stopping reminding people when they're due to run out.

Oh my! It sounds like the system has fallen apart over the past few years? Was it maybe the migration of all other sickness benefits to ESA that has caused the problems?

For me, it's 18 months and counting.

Oh my! It sounds like the system has fallen apart over the past few years? Was it maybe the migration of all other sickness benefits to ESA that has caused the problems?

Unlikely, the problem is sheer vindictiveness on the part of Grayling, Hoban, and their boss IDS (aka RTU)

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Surely it's really the perverse influence of Unum, the disgraced American insurance company acting as advisor on welfare reforms? If the benefits system collapses, everyone will need private insurance, and Unum are nicely placed to step into any created void. No doubt the politicans who help bring about this collapse and so open up a multi-billion pound insurance market will be rewarded. I'd be expecting tens of millions if I were them. Do they care about us or our well-being? I rather doubt it - they probably see us as standing between them and a multimillion pound fortune.

• 10 months later...

I sent my ESA form to ATOS back in October 2013. Despite several phone calls to ATOS and DWP I have yet to be called in to be assessed. ATOS told me that I may not be called in at all!!:!:

Also I have learnt that ATOS are pulling out of the ESA contract as they underestimated the size of the challenge they were facing!

I know that the ESA will be backdated and I am not worried about the assessment. I am going in for surgery on the 27th June on my spine. My biggest concern is that it is impossible to live on £71.70 a week, bills are mounting up that it is getting more difficult to pay.

BTW using a friend's internet as it's one thing I can't afford