Get Connected Mobiles - in dispute over faulty phone, check for partial refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

in short, bought a faulty phone from Get Connected, refused refund of even replacement. Sent two letter before court action.The only response was if I want resolution, I have to travel from Bristol to Wales (I don't drive) to check phone in one of their branches. By that time I verified with an authorize repairer that the phone was indeed faulty and informed them about it. They wouldn't accept it.

Started a claim with MCOL. Several days after the claim papers were served (today) received check for the cost of the phone in recorded letter. Just check, nothing else. Now that I paid to start the claim and for correspondence with them, I am not satisfied with the sum of refund.

What do I do with the check? I think there's a formal letter I need to write to reject it? Do I send the check back or do I inform MCOL that I received partial refund?

Please advise.

Keep the cheque but dont cash it and use it as evidence for your claim

Keep pushing forward with this...Im interested to seethe outcome on it

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought that I would update on the outcome. We posted £40 check back with Rejection letter from your website and proceeded with the case. On 28th we received a default judgement and today we received a check for the full sum in the post.

I think we're very lucky because if you're owed £68, what is your recourse?

I just want to confirm that if they didn't pay, in 28 days they would have the judgement registered against them, preventing them from taking credits in the future. Am I correct?

Also, in the case there's a link "apply for warrant of execution". Would it be applicable in our case (if they didn't pay) and what it means?

Still, a sour taste after the whole degrading experience and a check in the post without any contact or any apology. Get Connected, my friends. If you buy a faulty phone, expect problems. They will tell you that it sounds "all crystal clear for them" and deny all your consumer rights.

Thank you.

Oh, yes, they never asked us to return the phone. I believe that we have to take a reasonable care of it (for how long?) and write them a letter, informing that the phone is available for collection within ...how long?

Thanks again.

randalbond, ignore fkofilee's post - there is absolutely nothing in yours that would give cause for concern.

In respect of the phone - you can write a letter / email / telephone them and tell that it is available for collection or for them to send you a prepaid tracked label so that it can be returned to them. That if it is not collected within 28 days, you will dispose of it as you see fit.

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

randalbond, ignore fkofilee's post - there is absolutely nothing in yours that would give cause for concern.

In respect of the phone - you can write a letter / email / telephone them and tell that it is available for collection or for them to send you a prepaid tracked label so that it can be returned to them. That if it is not collected within 28 days, you will dispose of it as you see fit.

Hi CitB

Sorry i thought some of it resulted in Slander aha :)

Apologies

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you, Citizen B. Always wondered what tune you're listening.

So, 28 days will be enough. I will send them an e-mail. Don't want to spend 1p more on this lot.

I just really wonder, if, like in my case, you have a small sum of money to recover from a company and need to enforce it, do you have any recourse at all? And, most importantly, would they have a judgement registered against them automatically if they didn't pay?

Thank you.