Fined for no MOT, paid, but appears never received, now its Marstons at the door

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My daughter was pulled over by the police for having her MOT out of date by a few days. She was issued with an on the spot fine of £60 which she paid online.

Subsequently, she received a letter a couple of months later saying she had not paid. She phoned the number on the letter and explained that she had paid. They said that they had either not received it OR she was late paying and so the payment was rejected and returned.

They requested proof of payment and so my daughter emailed a screen cap of her online statement as they requested. She also examined her statements and can see the payment has been made and has not been refunded to her account. This was about 6 weeks ago.

The bank statement shows "HMCOURTS-SVS GOV U £60".

She has now received a letter from Marston Group Limited demanding £175 (Fine of £90 + fees of £85). It looks like a threat'o'gram but as it states they are in possession of a magistrates court order, I'm taking it seriously.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Contact the court and ask what is going on. Meanwhile, tell the bailiffs office that the fine has been fully paid weeks ago and you have proof.

Regarding the payment you made online, did you get a receipt for it? Normally theres a reference number or something gets emailed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the reply.

It transpires that the daughter paid by phone and didn't take the reference number!

Could you tell me how I find out which court I should contact as all I have is a court ref number?

Court should be able to find the record from the car reg, or card number. You say she paid by phone, perhaps give that number a ring and ask to be put through to someone who can help.

Make sure you tell the bailiffs what is going on. Don't let them threaten you ( they will), just be straight to the point. Remember, they do hold a court order. They cant do much, but you must take it seriously.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the reply.

It transpires that the daughter paid by phone and didn't take the reference number!

Could you tell me how I find out which court I should contact as all I have is a court ref number?

As the bank statement has confirmation of payment to HM court (and unless the following months statment shows it has been recredited) you should be home and dry if you scan and send to the bailiff.