East Surrey Water, County court claim form - ** CLAIM DROPPED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi help please!

East Surrey waters solicitors sent me a letter 17th June saying

reply in 14 days or we will take yout to court for the approx £270 you owe.

I replied in writing immediately explaining my difficult position (2 babies, recently become single parent)

please could they accept payment arrangement of £50.00 per month by DD.

I had not heard back from them until today

i received a claim form from the local county court for the amount o/s and court costs etc.

I called them up and explained i had sent the letter requesting payament arrangement

but the girl said nothing she could do as it had not been received. I have to go to court.

I send everything by recorded delivery but can I find the receipt for this one, NO!!

Im so annoyed with myself, ive searched high and low,

I have however found the receipt for the posting i did that day which shows i paid for a recorded signed

for letter but just doesnt give me the tracking nuimber!

Can someone advise what i could do about this.

I have been working hard to repair my credit rating sp really upset this has happened :x

type or scan up the PoC

when is this water debt from this year?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX! The bill is for 01.04.2013 to 31.03.2014

POC; (excuse typos)

The claimant claims the sum stated being the balance of water services charges payable by the defedent to the calimant for the bill dated 16/2/2013.

Unmeasured sewerag 123.18

Unmeasured water 156.28

Premises concerened

(my address)

Tlephone contact line; if you require more info or wish to dicuss the matter please ask for the water copanys legal dept on 0800 588 4209.

Amount claimed £279.46

Court fee £15.00

Solicitor costs £50

Total amount £344.46

Thansk DX

Thats is for the POC

type or scan up the PoC

when is this water debt from this year?

dx

Hi Donkey B!

I sent it to the solicitor (who are called morrisons, but when you call the the number on the morrisons letterhead it takes you straight through to East surrey water)

They were not very sympathetic, friendly or understanding on the phone. Very cold. (east surrey water)

Did you send the payment offer to the solicitor or to East Surrey Bandits?

So Morrisons are simply supplying letterheads for East Surrey to badger people with. Normal cheapskate practice.

As the PoC included a request to get in touch to discuss payment, and you already had done this and can prove they have not taken notice, I think they would struggle to win their costs, so you should expect not to pay these even if judgment is eventually granted.

The best way forward is to set out – in writing – as soon as possible the actions to took when you received the solicitor’s letter, and send it to East Surrey as an urgent complaint. Demand a response by return, failing which you intend to defend the claim due to the unfair relationship that has been created by their failure to respond to your payment offer. Send another copy of your original letter, and state clearly that it was sent recorded delivery.

What was the issue date on the claim? You need to demand a response BEFORE the date by which you need to file a defence and/or request an extension and/or state you will defend and get an extra 14 days.

Part of your request should be that they discontinue the claim (get it in writing), and that they bear their own costs as they ignored totally your perfectly reasonable offer to pay.

Hi Donkey B!

I sent it to the solicitor (who are called morrisons, but when you call the the number on the morrisons letterhead it takes you straight through to East surrey water)

They were not very sympathetic, friendly or understanding on the phone. Very cold. (east surrey water)

If the letterhead implies you would be talking to or contacting the solicitor, then this is a misleading practice. If you want to annoy them, complain to the SRA.

Hi DonkeyB thank you so much for your help with this! The issue date on the claim is 19.07.13

Am I OK to tell them i sent it recorded delivery even though i cannot find the tracking number (although i do have the posting receipt which shows i paid for the recorded delivery letter on that day)

I think i will annoy them as well with the complaint to the SRA as the girl on the phone was particularly unfriendly and not understanding at all!

So Morrisons are simply supplying letterheads for East Surrey to badger people with. Normal cheapskate practice.

As the PoC included a request to get in touch to discuss payment, and you already had done this and can prove they have not taken notice, I think they would struggle to win their costs, so you should expect not to pay these even if judgment is eventually granted.

The best way forward is to set out – in writing – as soon as possible the actions to took when you received the solicitor’s letter, and send it to East Surrey as an urgent complaint. Demand a response by return, failing which you intend to defend the claim due to the unfair relationship that has been created by their failure to respond to your payment offer. Send another copy of your original letter, and state clearly that it was sent recorded delivery.

What was the issue date on the claim? You need to demand a response BEFORE the date by which you need to file a defence and/or request an extension and/or state you will defend and get an extra 14 days.

Part of your request should be that they discontinue the claim (get it in writing), and that they bear their own costs as they ignored totally your perfectly reasonable offer to pay.

With an issue date of 19 July, you should have 19+5 = today, plus two weeks, to either enter a defence, pay up or get an extra two weeks by stating you will defend in full.

Speed is of the essence now.

thanks Donkey B on its way 1st class recorded today thanks again

With an issue date of 19 July, you should have 19+5 = today, plus two weeks, to either enter a defence, pay up or get an extra two weeks by stating you will defend in full.

Speed is of the essence now.

check with the court too just to be SURE!

well done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Excellent news :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D