style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I took out a 24 month contract with carphone warehouse in december 2012, with which i got a HTC one X.

After a few weeks with the phone, the screen began to mess up so they replaced the handset with another HTC one x. Everything was fine up until a few months ago, bare in mind my contract has only been active for 6 months. Where the headphone jack started to mess up and stopped working. Also the the phone would freeze time to time. I sent the phone of for repair and the problem with the freezing still exists.

Is there any way that I can get a new phone from this. I have been very frustrated with this model. I still want to stay on HTC as i like the interface, however maybe a different model.. Any advise?

Thank you

cant see why not

ask them, they've had 2 chances.!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have spoken to them again, and they said the best they can offer is Samsung galaxy note... not even the note 2. I am not a big fan of samsung if i am honest..but i think im being played about.

They are only obliged to consider like for like.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

SImilar price or specs of what the item is currently worth. So if it cost you £399 today, in a year or so, you cant go and try and get another £399 item. Your replacement would be the same model, or one of similar price.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

SImilar price or specs of what the item is currently worth. So if it cost you £399 today, in a year or so, you cant go and try and get another £399 item. Your replacement would be the same model, or one of similar price.

I see, cus the value on the o2 website for the one x is 479.99 and the s3 is valued at 295.95. now with a price match with the iphone 4s on the carphone warehouse is 429.99 and the htc one is at 489.99 and the iphone 5 is 499.99.

now if we do a spec comparison, although the s3 and the one x are very similar the price is varied drastically. So we compare the 4s and the one x which are similar however as the 4s came out in 2011 it is not as speced up as the one x. The the htc one and the iphone 5 are better, but the price match is closer.. I have done some of the research..what do you reckon?

If you bought a £399 phone in dec 2012 and it was worth £319 now brand new, then the current retail price is what they would exchange your phone for if it wasnt repairable. You wouldnt get a £399 phone as your current phone isnt worth that. Sometimes phone retailers will go by specs, but they always have the disclaimer that this isnt always possible, as it is much easier for them to just do a like for like on price. Some, like carphone warehouse, will only offer refurbished phones which cost them even less.

However, SOGA covers you, so you have to give them ample opportunity to repair or replace. Even if it means repairing two or three times. You are very unlikely to get a current phone, and chances are theyll just offer you a replacement 1x

If you bought a £399 phone in dec 2012 and it was worth £319 now brand new, then the current retail price is what they would exchange your phone for if it wasnt repairable. You wouldnt get a £399 phone as your current phone isnt worth that. Sometimes phone retailers will go by specs, but they always have the disclaimer that this isnt always possible, as it is much easier for them to just do a like for like on price.

no the price quoted today for the htc one x is at 479.99 on the o2 website. and on amazon a 32 gb is at 400..the prices i quoted above are all todays prices if i bought the phone now..

Have you sent the phone back to the retailer yet and told them that the same problem still exists? You could tell them that since they said it was repaired, and it isnt, you simply want them to exchange it there and then for a new phone of the same model.

Have you sent the phone back to the retailer yet and told them that the same problem still exists? You could tell them that since they said it was repaired, and it isnt, you simply want them to exchange it there and then for a new phone of the same model.

yeah i sent the phone for repair 2 weeks ago, and then it was returned to me today. So when i got home and was putting my apps back on the phone the same freezing problem started again. So i called them up. Apparently carphone warehouse has discontinued the one x and hence want to provide another phone. This is the 2nd time it has been repaired and a problem is still there.

Ask them for a list of phones and check them. Normally theyre pretty good and give you a few choices. If the problem still exists after multipel repairs, then you could have cause for a formal complaint and get a brand new one.