Bank of Scotland & Blair Oliver & Scott - now SCM Court Claim - help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But have you actually received them ..........it states there was a DN on the DSAR which you never received.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

" DSAR only shows NOD date 10/08/05 but no mention of it being issued "

Didnt start until 2008 jillee

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Lines crossed I was referring to the Notice of arrears Sums...so they are listed 6 times and you received all 6 of them.

Oh well thats about the only point I had left to give you the slightest chance of a defence.

I cant see one with any merit..... jillee I have pointed all the usual mistakes...very rare for a Claimant to have followed process 100%.

What are your thoughts and reasons for defending initially?

No DN served, F&F settlement at 47pence in the pound Oct 2007 declined when all my other creditors accepted F&F settlements, numerous settlement amounts offered me by BL, OL,& Scott but I could not afford to pay lump sum, incomplete DSAR, unfair treatment from BL, OL, & Scott (harassment), to which I received a letter of apology to my complaint along with a £35 payment in recognition of the upset caused from BOS. so if I can file some kind of defence the case may be put to mediation and I can try a F&F settlement

Edited by jillee55

Will I get a Default Notice?

By entering a DMP, your creditors can issue a default notice as you are defaulting on your original credit agreement. That is, although you are making monthly repayments, the payment is likely to be less than you originally agreed to pay when you entered the original credit agreement.

If you receive a default notice, it doesn't automatically mean the creditor is going to take legal action. The default will appear on your credit file for 6 years from the date it was issued.

:oops:OK I still need to file some kind of defence so that they don't get an automatic Default judgement and so I may be able to request mediation, so if I make an embarrassed defence based on the POC DN issued but not served and I that I have been unable to obtain any form of a DN ie: copy of what may have been issued ect will that suffice.

One VERY TINY error I have found on credit agreement and POC (probably not even worth a mention) with date.

Edited by jillee55

:oops: OK today is the day to file my defence

CPR 15.6

Service of copy of defence

15.6 A copy of the defence must be served on every other party.

(Part 16 sets out what a defence must contain)

stupid question:- does this mean I have to send a copy of my defence to the solicitor and BOS

You can input your defence using the MCOL website there is a password on your summons which you can use once you have registered with the http://www.gateway.gov.uk service.This will provide a username.

Northampton will serve a copy of any defence to the claimants once submitted.

Regards

Andy

Post up your defence jillee before you submit and I will give it the once over to make sure its CPR compliant.

Many thanks for the donation on behalf of CAG

HI andyorch I have not finished yet but here is first bit I am still pondering over no default notice and incomplete DSAR, getting very nervous as it has to be submitted by 4pm and I had to stop what I was doing because I had a visitor

I xxxxxxx am the defendant in claim xxxxxxxxx and makethe

following statement as my defence to the claim made by BankOf

Scotland plc.

1. I neither deny nor admit to the amount due to the

Claimant of £8xxxxx

2. I admit to entering the Credit Agreement numberedxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with the Claimant, but ask that the claimant correct the date of

the agreement being made, to comply with the date stated in the

Claimants Terms and Conditions of said Agreement

Edited by jillee55

Here is one of my drafts to give you an idea :-

Defence

1. Paragraph 1 is admitted with regards to the Defendant entering in to an Agreement referred to in the Particulars of Claim ('the Agreement') with the MBNA Europe Bank Limited the Defendant did not enter into any Agreement with the Claimant.

2. Paragraph 2 is admitted but it is denied that MBNA ever served a Default Notice pursuant to the CCA1974 which precludes the claimant from any enforcement or relief.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied the Claimant has failed to serve any Notice of Sums Arrears since assignment pursuant to the CCA2006 amendments (sec 86C ) and precluded form adding any interest or seeking enforcement or relief and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show service of a valid Default Notice and proof of delivery

(b) show how the Claimant has legal right by way of the Credit Consumer Agreement and Terms and conditions applicable; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5.Incorporated within the sum demanded by the Claimant are sums claimed for their administration fees, late payment charges and like provisions. It is denied (if it be alleged) that the Claimant has incurred any such fees and charges, alternatively that such fees and charges if incurred accurately represent sums lost by the Claimant by reason of late payment. The Defendant avers that the incorporation of such claims is penal and unenforceable at law.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

:-(Hi anyone tried to submit my defence at 15.57 with a deadline of 16.00 the MCOL site had logged me out probably because it took me so long. by the time I had logged back in and submitted it was 16.03 PLEASE tell me I was not too late and that it will still be accepted. It did say it was successful, I will ring MCOL tomorrow to make sure and explain.

Edited by jillee55

It will be fine jillee did you print off your receipt as proof of submisson?

I printed a copy of the defence after my submission but the details (date time ect.) of submission are all there saved to my MCOL account. PHEW what a day I vow to never be on the minutes again I must now prepare for the next stage. Will Keep you posted

Once Again Thankyou

I think you have until midnight :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D