Purchase at full price day before sale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I just need some general advice regarding a recent purchase. Last Saturday I purchased an item worth £4,000 only to find out that it had been reduced to £2,500 on the Monday.

Do I have any rights regarding this or do I just have to accept this annoying as it may be.

Is there anyway that I could return the item saying I've changed my mind as it was not an online sale I don't know if there is any cooling off period - I suspect not as the item is not faulty.

I just need to put my mind at rest that there is nothing I can do about it!

Hi welcome to CAG you have paid the asking price on the so subsequent price reductions have no relevance to your purchase.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I thought that might be the case. I was just really annoyed by it as it is such a significant reduction!!!

I did maybe think that as it is a big retailer whether it might be worth e-mailing head office to see if they would do anything as a goodwill gesture - but I doubt it.

I thought that might be the case. I was just really annoyed by it as it is such a significant reduction!!!

I did maybe think that as it is a big retailer whether it might be worth e-mailing head office to see if they would do anything as a goodwill gesture - but I doubt it.

Tis worth a try if you don't ask you will never know:!:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Was it purchased on line or in a shop?

If a shop, were there not signs advertising the impending sale? Also strange the assistant did not mention it! but maybe they get commission.

Can you find anything wrong with it?

Was it purchased on line or in a shop?

If a shop, were there not signs advertising the impending sale? Also strange the assistant did not mention it! but maybe they get commission.

Can you find anything wrong with it?

It was bought in a shop on the Saturday. The sale was advertised online from the Sunday & no advertising in the shop was present at the time of purchase.

What I found the most annoying was I had been considering the purchase over a number of weeks & dealt with the same person in this time. Obviously I am kicking myself now for being so impulsive but I would have appreciated a heads up. I guess as you say, a sale at full price is worth more than anything else.