Barclaycard, PPI and charges with a DCA thrown into the mix

batleyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

ok brief summary, I have been fighting with Bcard to get PPi refunded after cancelling the PPI cover.

I didnt push too hard until they cancelled my card after then sent a final " no" letter about a year ago now.

Although I guess I ll need to await SAR and full calcs I suspect this turns a £290 final balance into a £450 credit refund.

Last week I received the usual letter from Allied, a DCA.

Questions or confirmation I guess of first steps and end goal.

i presume initial steps are to CCA Allied and SRA Barclaycard?

Is the end goal to send the legal letters or do I have a better course of action?

I presume the FOS will not be interested as I left it too long since their "no" letter?

My end goal is to be refunded PPI, charges and interest plus have credit markers removed

Any help from the gang appreciated

Edited by slick132
changed SRA to SAR

You do indeed need to go to the FOS within 6 months of the Final Response letter. I am not sure what your options are now.

Do you know if Allied are the new owner of the account or are they merely collecting on behalf of B/shark ?

Yes, CCA to Allied - SAR to B/shark.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

check your cra file

though allied don't purchase debts typically they are just the threat-o-gram merchants .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

check your cra file

though allied don't purchase debts typically they are just the threat-o-gram merchants .

dx

Will do DX. Tbh, not too worried about them ( without wanting to sound blasé) , just want to go down the reversal of charges correctly. If FOS not an option should I be taking them to small claims ( after legal letters) or awaiting them to do it and using this as counter?

Hi Batley,

I assume you meant to put "SAR" instead of "SRA" in para 3. I've edited it.

Can you tell us a bit more :-

1. After you cancelled the PPI, why did BC refuse to refund past payments.

2. What grounds do you have to reclaim the PPI.

3. Was the a/c in arrears when they decided to cancel the card.

4. Have you listed all penalty charges on a compound int't spreadsheet or are you awaiting the SAR data to do this.

If you want to maximise your penalty charge reclaim by claiming compound interest at 24.9%, you WILL have to take court action. BC will not refund this voluntarily.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Batley,

I assume you meant to put "SAR" instead of "SRA" in para 3. I've edited it.

Can you tell us a bit more :-

1. After you cancelled the PPI, why did BC refuse to refund past payments.

2. What grounds do you have to reclaim the PPI.

3. Was the a/c in arrears when they decided to cancel the card.

4. Have you listed all penalty charges on a compound int't spreadsheet or are you awaiting the SAR data to do this.

If you want to maximise your penalty charge reclaim by claiming compound interest at 24.9%, you WILL have to take court action. BC will not refund this voluntarily.

Hi!

ok so

1 )Said it was done online so my fault ( abridge comments obv)

2) wasnt aware that my work benefits ( redundancy , 6 months full and 6 months half was more than adequate compared to their cover, was not made aware of alternative cover that could be purchased through 3 rd parties which would be a) cheaper b) have better cover. i still also maintain thatPPI was pre selected on the site.

3) It was , £30 over the limit ( of circa £200) when defaulted by them, when they actually cancelled the card I think it was just over due to that months charges

4) awaiting SAR to list but having done previously "calcs" i make it close to £700 .

So when I get SAR back and calculate it all, whats next step?

oh and to answer earlier post no NOA to allied , they are working on behalf of BC

Hi Batley,

I suggest you start a separate thread in the PPI forum to deal with the PPI aspects of this a/c.

Once you have all the data for penalty charges entered onto a spreadsheet, you'll write to BC with your Prelim Claim letter asking them to refund.

When they refuse or after 14 days if they fail to reply, you'll follow up with your LBA.

This is just one of many good example cases - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?364605-BARCLAYCARD-**WON**-Charges-repaid-with-compound-int-t-and-DN-removed**

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)