style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I parked at a rail station, forgot to pay until 90 minutes after I parked and then paid by ringgo.

In the meantime I had got a ticket. I appealed, stating that I'd paid by ringgo.

NCP has now rejected my appeal.

I've read all of the threads and am considering ignoring this and everything else they (and any subsequent debt collectors / solicitors etc) send me because of the advice on this forum, but I wanted to get some reassurance that by appealing with the reason I gave I should still go down the ignoring route.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mike

won't hurt

you are doing ok

you've learned the appeal process is useless

time to ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as our ignore says too

your choice

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The parking company will always reject your appeal so that is not a matter to worry about. Your main problem is the T&C's of railways are enforceable under the Railways Act so you need to establish as to whether the car park is on railway property or not and how long you paid for, ie was it the whole day as a flat fee or a period of time such as 1 hour? If the former then appeal toPOPLA pointing out that you had paid the prescribed fee for the period you were parked there. If the latter you are unlikely to get anywhere appealing. If the land is NOT railway property then you can safely ignore any further letters, if it is then you can get done for a criminal trespass as NCP are authorised by the railway companies to act on their behalf but they will take up the cudgels if their revenue is threatened (cant run a railway but can fine you if the train you are on is so late that your ticket expires!) Sometimes the railway likes to claim that roads and car parks belong to them when they dont so do check properly.

If it is railway propertyand your POPLA appeal fails, look at their reasoning carefully and make your decision then.

• 1 month later...