style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has come to our attention that this thread relates to an episode that happened in 2009, i.e. some four years ago.

The thread was started with statements which indicated that this was all happening in real time and that the events had started only about three weeks ago with an initial bailiff visit.

The post went on to say that bailiffs were attending again “today” i.e. the date the OP made the post.

This gave the impression that this was a very urgent case which needed real time help.

THIS WAS NOT THE CASE

As a result there have been many members giving what they thought was help on this issue and I have no doubt some would have been doing this from their places of work as well.

These good people have been giving up their time on this for free in an attempt to assist someone who appeared to be in great distress and had an immediate need for help.

A good few members of the Site Team have also been involved in this as well and they also give of their time freely to assist others.

It is extremely annoying because those that have taken part and offered their time and expertise on this thread have been diverted away from helping on other threads where people may well have needed help.

In short, the folk who have contributed to this thread have simply had their time and effort wasted.

Thanks to those who took their time to post and try and help and I know that this is going to leave many feeling frustrated and annoyed as this kind of “game” is not what CAG is about.

We have taken appropriate actions in this regard.

This thread is now open again but please make sure that any further comments remain within the rules of CAG.

Edited by ims21

I had a feeling that this story did not ring true yesterday, but responded just in case there was a frightened old lady. I have no doubt that this type of situation has occured and people need to know how to deal with it.

I am in favour of a debate on any aspect that will help people, but let us have a sensible debate in the right manner, without it being about competition between online bailiff help sites or about any previous disputes between people that happened a few years ago.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Good posters responded in the spirit of Cag with the belief they were assisting with a live call for help, to now be told the moron was nothing more than a deluded individual attempting to satisfy their own agenda, can at best be described as appalling behavior.

I sincerely hope those that did respond to this post will not at a future date be deterred from assisting others in the same circumstances.

WD

I had a feeling that this story did not ring true yesterday, but responded just in case there was a frightened old lady. I have no doubt that this type of situation has occured and people need to know how to deal with it.

I am in favour of a debate on any aspect that will help people, but let us have a sensible debate in the right manner, without it being about competition between online bailiff help sites or about any previous disputes between people that happened a few years ago.

I also agree a good debate can produce 'food for thought' but how can anyone be expected to have a debate with this lowlife?

WD

Well I, for one, was genuinely concerned about a frightened, elderly person.

Dx, I think it was, said it was a spoof in the first few posts, but what would have happened if we had treated it as a spoof, and it hadn't been? If we had ignored it and then read in the paper about a pensioner dropping dead or having a stroke because they were so terrified by a bailiff and it had happened yesterday afternoon, we'd all have felt terribly guilty.

I agree with WD: We responded in the spirit of CAG. We are always here to help where we can, and thankfully most posters here are genuine.

Dx, I think it was, said it was a spoof in the first few posts

Hi DD

I think he was referring to the bailiff who was (allegedly) attending on the day.

I don't think it was a reference to the thread being a spoof.

What I find unforgivable is that the "spoof poster" could have easily posted a general enquiry. He or she did not do so, and instead, made us all believe that the supposed debtor was in very serious danger. I was genuinely very worried indeed for her and so much so that I even sent a private message to offer to assist.

I don't do this very often, and will only do so in cases where there is either evidence of vulnerability or where there appears to be a serious concern that the matter could get out of hand.

As the poster was a "new" member I was aware that she/he would not be able to respond to a my PM so I even provided my email address. I wondered why I had not received a response. Now I know.

What are the implications of this?

Naturally I will view all future questions on the forum with a degree of suspicion. I would suppose that others on here will do the same. As for sending private messages....I will do so only as a last resort.

For anyone interested, I have just sent a copy of a screen shot from another a forum (that is known to many posters on here and to most of the moderators) and where their SITE ADMIN member is stating:

Well I was banned from LB yesterday !!!

The post is typically followed by the usual "rant" against me personally.

Edited by tomtubby

Thank you lamma it certainly is.

There are clearly some people with very sick minds who have too much time on their hands.

It is very nasty indeed and helps no one, could it even be an Enforcement industry Troll?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Reprehensible behaviour that could impact genuine issues in the future that new members may post

Best course of action is to totally ignore this attention seeker-Keep up the good work guys & girls-I'm sure I speak for many when I say your input on various issues is greatly appreciated.

Don't let the occasional sicko spoil the good works that you do on here

Everyone who has been on CAG for a while knows how much tomtubby puts into helping people and sorting out their problems with excellent advice. It was a reprehensible thing to do, and may have an impact on other future posters who may have genuine problems but because they post in a way similar to the OP may not believed at a time when they genuinely need urgent help - but clearly this is not a concern for the OP who has a personal axe to grind.

your posts offering advice have not gone to waste,

my mate had bailiffs round on monday for council tax, he wouldnt open door to them, after a hour they left, but shouted through letterbox we

will be back with a locksmith.

my mate is coming to my flat on sunday, so will show him this thread.

so on behalf of my mate.

thankyou.

No, BN it is as TT has posted and is being discussed by the perpetrator, ( an administrator) on the site of an old adversary of cag.

WD

Something in the sky but not TV perhaps?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Something that a snail leaves but not on the ground then.

The man with a tan !

I personally would have got rid of the thread, as it was a waste of time.

Well, fair warning to all contributors....the thread will be closed in the morning just to allow any final remarks from those who were good enough to give of their time to offer assistance in what appeared to be a genuine call for help.

As said before, please ensure that the final posts on this thread remain within the rules.

Thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks