Massive complaint to HSBC

mike00
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

In 2009, I went slightly over my agreed overdraft with HSBC and they slammed me with a £100 charge.

On 17 November 2009, HSBC called me to let me know I'd gone over the agreed limit.

I could not afford to repay the enitre amount until I got my student loan (which was running late, due to the Student Loans Company

needing medical evidence to let me repeat the year).

HSBC were okay with all of this, and we agreed I would make a small payment of £15 on 3rd December 2009. I made the payment as agreed.

In a separate savings account, I was collecting money from my housemates to pay utility bills.

HSBC decided, on the 8th December, to use their right to set off and take £240 from this other account.

1. I informed HSBC of my financial difficulty while I was waiting for my student loan

2. We both agreed on a £15 payment

3. They gave the impression that £15 would prevent further action, but I may need to make another small payment later

Considering these facts, were they wrong to use the right to set off?

adly no.

but you might have recourse under the 'unfair treatment' bit of BCOBS.

I suggest you have a read

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Following on from my previous thread, I've decided to write a massive complaint to HSBC. The full six page letter I've written (but not sent) is below, so a massive thank you to anyone who makes it through to the end! I'm looking for any opinions or advice that might strengthen my case.

In summary:

• In 2009, HSBC led me to believe paying £15 towards a balance which exceeded my agreed overdraft limit would stop them from taking any further action. They then used 'set off' and took £240 from another of my accounts. This money wasn't mine, it was my housemates', and was to pay utility bills.
  • In 2011, HSBC put a 'security lock' on my account which rendered it unusable. They would not remove the lock despite my best efforts.
  • Between 2011 and now an ongoing direct debit took me over my agreed overdraft limit, but HSBC accepted a repayment plan of £20/month. Despite accepting this plan, they referred it to their internal collections, Metropolitan Collection Serivces, anyway.

I am asking them to write off the entire debt, and refund the £240.

Cheers :)

ryvytX7.png

eI7qtnm.png

2Eo5Xos.png

1tUP9Jo.png

rYMxCsK.png

PUe5vVs.png?1?6732

That makes sorry reading Mike.

One thing that immediately sounds wrong is if they lock your account, then I would have thought that the bank could not take items out of you account.

By refusing to allow paying in but still paying out inevitably means you will go overdrawn. This is inequitable. unreasonable and surely unlawful. Whatever fees they have taken from that account as a result of

their mismanagement of your account should be returned to you immediately and any derogatory on your credit file in relation to that part of their running your account should be removed.

remove stole

encompass the whole thing under a bcobs complaint

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...