Caught drink driving while banned-for drink driving!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would you like to email us using our admin email address.

I think that it is disgraceful that this isn't bening followed up more quickly by the police.

If you email us on our admin email address with some contact details, we may be able to help you.

Please put "My mum" in the subject address.

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all. My Mum text last night-he has been caught AGAIN drink driving. So to round up-he got caught, arrested, charged and banned, then got caught 4 days later and was waiting to attend court this Friday i think but hes been caught again last night! My Mum knows because her cousin has been in cahoots with the police and has been telling them every single time she has seen him in the car or rubber necking past the house. They rang her last night to say they were waiting for him in plain clothes and they followed him from pub! He is going to get shot for s**t and im glad. Just wish that they would be so on the ball when it comes to my Mum but apparantly, because shes not actually living with him so not in immediate danger as they put it, they do tend to drag their feet a little but ive spoken to the officer involved and they are going to put something in place. They have done a report and this will be used when my Mum applies for an injunction-shes seeing a solicitor next week!

I'm really pleased he's been caught again. Are they keeping him in custody? With three drink driving offences within a matter of weeks he should be getting a stiff custodial sentence. I wonder if they will have two trials, bearing in mind one is supposed to be tomorrow, or if he can be tried for both offences at the same time, either tomorrow if they get their act together, or in a few days if they apply to postpone tomorrow's case.

When you have the trial details I think you should tip off the local press. He needs to be publicly named and shamed so if he gets out and people see him in a pub and then driving they will call the police. No-one wants a repeat drink driving offender on the streets. You never know, that may make him move away from the area - and your mum.

Also pleased they are finally doing something to help your mum, but I think their excuse that she is not in immediate danger because she is not living with him is absolutely feeble. Men like this are always dangerous and there is nothing to stop them turning up on the doorstep and forcing entry. "Not in immediate danger." What utter rubbish.

Yes the Police act very quickly when it suits them, but have lost sight of the reason why they became police officers very quickly.

There is always the complaints procedure if they don't pull their finger out, and by that I mean the IPCC, they will take a very dim view of them ignoring domestic abuse and harassment cases.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes the Police act very quickly when it suits them, but have lost sight of the reason why they became police officers very quickly.

There is always the complaints procedure if they don't pull their finger out, and by that I mean the IPCC, they will take a very dim view of them ignoring domestic abuse and harassment cases.

...especially as they could charge him with an offence.

It may be that they are not being proactive at the moment because they expect him to go down for the DD offences, but that's still no excuse.

Yes its true we need drink drivers off the road and I can understand that they want this man off the road as hes a huge risk to the public but what about the risk to my Mum? Yes, apart from his rubber necking and abusive voicemails things seemed to have quietened down since he got caught snooping around on Saturday nught BUT I believe he WILl gi further and as you say, although he may be going down for the D+Ds, they need to do something about my Mum. Ive lost one parent, my Dad is no longer with us God bless him so I dont wana lose Mum too.

If he goes to court, your mum or yourself can speak to the prosecution and see if they will use you as a witness. WE cant say they will or they wont, but its worth doing so.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ive spoken to victim support and tbh they didnt tell me anything that i havent already been told. They said the best thing to do is go with the injunction and either myself or my Mum needs to contact the police to ask whats happening with this report they were meant to be writing up as that will help with the injunction. As for the D+D-it looks like they have him in custody and are taking him to court tomorrow from the cells. I think they are dealing with both DD episodes. They need to deal with those first then if he gets locked up, an injunction should be in place for when he comes out. Will they charge him for what hes done to my Mum? I think they should and shes willing to press charges but they say no crime has been committed other than when he held the knife to her throat a couple of years ago...

Hi Daniella, sorry 4 late reply, ive been flat out all day! Re D+D- Mum had not heard anything from him for 2 days since he last got caught so thought he had been held in custody then taken to court etc but surprise surprise he rang her last nite off his mobile so obviousley not been locked up! Maybe it was adjourned??really dont know but im gettin annoyed now! BUT i think they HAVE questioned him about Mum. He left her a vocemail last nite, really abrubt sayin 'we need a word, theres no harm in us just talking'. We have been in touch with police again re the report that was meant 2 have been written up and also to ask 4 new incident number which we have been waiting 4 since Monday and they didnt say much but they HAVE given us a crime number now which they didnt befor e as they said it wasnt a criminal case. They couldnt say much but he HAS got form for abuse-his ex partner and his ex wife by the sounds of it so i hope they lock the a***hole up. Mums also had correspondance from domestic violence unit. Officer in charge is supposed to be contacting her today to fill her in on whas been happening but has he? No he hasnt contacted her yet!

Just remember, they wont give otu details of the crime or the investigation. Even to your mum.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If he'd pleaded guilty yesterday they would normally have sentenced him there and then,, but if he pleaded not guilty then they would generally adjourn to a new date. Hopefully not too far in the future, but he is entitled to time to prepare his defence, whatever it might be. If that's what's happened then I doubt he actually has much of a defence and is either hoping to get off because a witness doesn't turn up, or he's just trying to delay the inevitable.

Hi renegadeimp

so do u think, from what ive said about them now giving Mum a crime number, that theyve questioned him? By the sounds of the voicemail he sent and if u read between the lines, i think they have because he said 'theres no harm in us just talking'. When Mum rang 101 today to ask about report etc, she also told them that he had contacted her last night and they seemed to be quite interested and put it on the system. Could this be another sign that they have questioned him and told him to keep away and not to contact her?

By giving you a crime number, they have officially stated that they consider it a criminal activity and it will be investigated.

Can i ask if you have spoken to the domestic violence unit yet, or have the police still kept fobbing you off with the normal officers?

I hope that they are taking it seriously now and treating it as criminal case. Mum hasnt had anyone from domestic violence unit come to see her yet. She got a load of paperwork and leaflets through the post today and theyve asked her to contact them but up to now, yes shes been fobbed off with normal plod and theyve not kept in touch with.

Hi matt.so what will happen now that they have officially stated that its a criminal activity? Obviousley they will/already have questioned him but what happens now? Will they keep Mum up to speed or just contact her as and when?

OK. You need to visit the main police station and demand to see someone from the domestic violence unit. Sit at the station and dont leave until someone comes. I would also suggest making a full complaint to the Chief superintendent.

Hi folks,somethings defo going down (him I hope!) with all this with him and the police but nobody knows what. Since Mum reported him for the nasty voicemail he left her 2 days ago theres been no contact again. There was no contact from his d+d arrest on weds up until the voicemail on Friday. When he was arrested on weds, was he questioned about Mum, bailed? Has he breached bail by contacting her on Fri? Nobody knows. But i hope thats the case and its not just the calm before the storm. Im annoyed as i think the police should keep Mum up to speed. She doesnt wana bump into him and find out off him but she doesnt wana pester the plod either. She is contacting domestic violence unit in the morning by the way.

Hi Daniella, sorry 4 taking ages to reply-my internets been going bonkers! Hes definately going to prison with regards to the D+Dkthey have told him to look at 6 months. Hes got no car, no access to any vehicle and hes on bail awaitin court. The police have warned him to stay away from Mum-and he has sone. He still keeps trying to ring every now and then but its few and far between. Shes getting an injunction while hes inside anyway so when he does come out, he cant contact her.

I mean has done lol. Yep, things are looking good for her now. She may be able to move on with her life. He wont come near her now hes no car cos he cant walk far with him being sozzled all the time as he falls over and from his house or his local pub to where Mum lives with her cousin, its a good 3 ish miles so i cant see him walking. And he wont get on the bus just to go sit outside the house so hopefully thats the end of it.