Fraud investigation advice please

dc1960
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would very much appreciate some advice; really on just what happens next and possible time frames due to the enormous pressure I'm under. I will have to leave out much background for now as it would be too lengthy but am happy to give any/all background for the sake of clarity.

In the summer of last year I had an interview under caution on the grounds that I was fraudulently claiming ESA benefit because the person I live with is my partner. This is most certainly not the case and I felt quite confident during the interview that I had managed to convey this. I was shown most of the DWP's 'evidence' pointing to the fact that he lives here, none of which I disputed as neither he or I have ever concealed the fact that he has lived here (for the most part) since I began to struggle with my health in mid 2008; all of his personal/employment/financial, etc, records show this as his address, he is on the electoral roll at this address; some of the utility bills are in his name on direct debits, etc, etc... all of which I told the DWP investigator.

Since the start of my ESA claim, I have *just* managed to support myself and pay towards household bills through my ESA benefit, on/off work (permitted work, which I had always immediately informed the DWP of) and at times of more severe ill health/hospitalisation, by loans and handouts from two friends as well my ESA benefit.

That interview under caution was in August of last year. In January I received their decision that we were "living together as husband as wife" along with an overpayment notice of ESA benefit amounting to just in excess of £13,000 and benefit was stopped. I immediately appealed the decision in early January and heard nothing. I'm trying to remove all the emotion in writing this as I don't think it's helpful or necessary, but needless to say the strain I am under is immense. I heard nothing with regard to my appeal, despite chasing them up and eventually wrote to the Minister for the DWP. The matter was just recently passed to someone in the DWP's Operational Excellence Directorate who contacted me by telephone. I transpires that my appeal was 'lost' by the DWP (whichever section deals with those, I don't know) despite the fact that, as I told her (the person who rang me from the OED) I had in front of me a letter acknowledging my appeal dated 30th January. She has asked me to resubmit my appeal to FIS in Glasgow (this I assume is their fraud investigation service) which I have done this week.

There is much I have had to omit from this for the sake of not writing pages and pages. But there is some confusion over an ESA3 form. The original IUC was deferred by my solicitor (he spoke to the investigator, I did not) because she did not have in her possession an ESA3 form which she says I completed - it was lost. At the rearranged IUC which did go ahead the investigator still did not have the ESA3 form as it still could not be traced. During the interview the investigator either became confused or was lying when she told me I had visited that particular building previously, had met with her colleague (whom she named) and that I had completed an ESA3 form. In fact I had *never* been to that particular building prior to my IUC and have never met with the person she mentioned. My solicitor obtained a 'blank' form from the investigator for me to look at - I've completed many forms through the course of my illness but most certainly have never completed this particular form and I am not sure why the investigator would have said this?

I'm sorry, this has become much longer than I intended but it's difficult to abbreviate. I'm currently trying to deal with all this by myself; legal aid/the solicitor's help does not cover the appeal process. My solicitor is of the opinion that, given the living together decision and the amount of overpayment, that the DWP will opt for prosecution.

Can anyone please tell me what will happen next, or rather what the procedure is and how long, even approximately, it may be before I hear anything further?

With thanks.

I suspect the person said you met with her colleague previously becuase that appointment was booked and the notes were not updated to say the meeting had not taken place.

It does sound from what you say that it will be difficult to convince people that you are not living as a couple, normally one would pay another rent and the other has the tenancy and pays the bills. By the sounds of it your finances are mixed. I know someone who failed her appeal against such a decision because of mixed finances even though it was not disputed that her xh did not live at her house and he lived elsewhere.

How are you managing now without ESA? Do you think financially you will need to ask your friend/flat-mate to leave so that it would be clear you are single and a not a couple?

I too suspect it is going to be almost impossible to somehow prove that we are not a couple though I would never have believed as much before this happened and judging by what I have read regarding how the DWP make their decisions in this regard; you don't conduct your life in such a way, ever believing that you'll somehow have to prove something. Our finances are mixed to a point in that some of the utility bills were transferred into his name for no other reason than money going into my account has been very low/hit and miss and the subsequent worry over DD's not being paid by my bank. Obviously, we have separate bank accounts (and there are no other joint finances) and this came up at the interview - I was shown a few instances (on copies of my own bank accounts they had obtained) where money was transferred from his account to my own - but they seem to have managed to completely overlook the fact that I showed them the exact same amount of loaned money going back to hnis account from my own when either salary or ESA benefit had been paid into my account. On the advice of my solicitor I'd taken to the interview copies of my bank statements which, again, clearly show payments into his account to cover half of household bills. It's an impossible situation to 'prove' because, as far as I'm concerned the way we do things financially may be no different than a happily married couple.. or just two people who live in the same house but who are not "in a relationship".

The ironic thing is that their decision and the benefit being stopped has to some extent forced him into a situation of supporting me... the very thing he did not do previously. It feels like a completely no win situation. We have discussed him moving out but the fact is the mortgage is tiny and household outgoings are very low and for me, having been on benefits and very ill, it really helps. It seems like the only option is for him to move out.

Can you clarify the living arrangements? You said he will have to move out - so do you own the house or do you both own it? Who's name is on the deeds and who's is on the mortgage?

If you own it on what basis is he there - does he have a tenancy agreement?

Were you claiming any other benefits?

Hi, if by forcing your tenant to support you then you are playing into their hands, do you have

A: Have a tenacy agreement in force with the person

B: Why is the tenant having control over your utility bills?

C: Who is ultimatley responsible for the house/is it yours or rented?

TBH I think that more information is in the background and needs to be disclosed, so we can advise better for you, and also that you need to get all of your bills back in your name and sever any and all financial tyes with them in that respect, and keep it strictly landlord/tenant

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

social security appeals can take several months before you get to a tribunal judge (on occasion over a year), a lot will depend upon the complexity of the case and the waiting lists with HM courts and tribunals service.

if you are at risk of losing your home (through rent or mortgage arrears), you may be able to get your case prioritised.

for your appeal hearing, you get a choice of a paper hearing (where judge makes a decision on their own by reviewing the papers) or oral hearing (where you get to attend in person and explain your circumstances). i always advise appellants to opt for a oral hearing to ensure the judge fully unfderstands the case.

factors that the judge will consider is: -

1. whether you were maintaining a common household
  2. the financial arrangements
  3. stability of the relationship
  4. any evidence of a sexual relationship
  5. do you have children together
  6. did you represent yourselves as a couple

you should try to get advice from your local CAB, welfare rights, community law centre who may be able to assist you in preparing a further submission for your appeal

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Hi, if by forcing your tenant to support you then you are playing into their hands, do you have

A: Have a tenacy agreement in force with the person

B: Why is the tenant having control over your utility bills?

C: Who is ultimatley responsible for the house/is it yours or rented?

TBH I think that more information is in the background and needs to be disclosed, so we can advise better for you, and also that you need to get all of your bills back in your name and sever any and all financial tyes with them in that respect, and keep it strictly landlord/tenant

Totally agree... if you and the person in your home have 'no ties' - you need to 'formalise' the relationship - it is not a crime, because you did not know... you simply need to get it formalised - all you have sought to do, i.e putting bills in the name of the other occupier etc - just needs formalisation....

Do not be badgered into allowing them to enforce on you something which was clearly not your intent.... in essence, so what if you strike up a relationship with the 'tenant' - that is not a humane impossibility, especially if that party is good looking and a mutual attraction exists - it does not mean that the intent has changed.....

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Thank you for all your replies. I'm a private sort of person and it makes me uncomfortable, personal information on the internet (partly an age thing but especially when some details are not even my own). I realise, however, it's needs must for the sake of realistic help and advice.

2007 was living (alone) in costly private rented accommodation, inherited a substantial sum when my father died. Wanted to purchase modest, 'for renovation' property I'd seen in my village, was not working at time but looking for employment. Friend agreed to put name on mortgage (along with my own) so I didn't miss out on it; very small mortgage (£70/month payments). Was advised to have a Deed of Trust prepared just in case of any future problems and this I did. Friend's name was to come off mortgage when I was in full time work. I bought/moved into property early 2008. Started work within around 6wks of moving in; physical job, almost immediately had severe worsening of mild, existing joint pain. Changed job, same field, less physical, but health worsening. Diagnosed with osteoarthritis mainly to my knees/hips. Became very worried about how I could cope in short term ('tidy up' ops on both knees was now on cards) asked friend to move in temporarily. Pretty much half and half on bills, had to stop work but managing on what was left of my inheritance which was intended for house renovation. Obviously not claiming any benefit at this time (he doesn't and has never been in receipt of any kind of benefits).

Had steroid injections to knees, tried working again, bit more able but only capable of working small number of hours/weekly - fortunately, very understanding small, local employer. Then started claim for ESA in/around Dec 09, waiting for op on worst knee first, then other knee a bit later. Working under 16 hours weekly (informed DWP) in early 2010 under permitted work allowance. Unfortunately, latter part of that year health took more of a nose dive - admitted to hosp, heart attack and multiple pulmonary embolisms - not really what I was expecting at 49. On blood thinners for 8 months, couldn't have ops to knees because of this. Somehow managed to fail ATOS medical with '0' points. Appealed, went to tribunal, awarded more than sufficient points for ESA to be resumed, judge adds DWP not to reassess me medically for 24 months. Early 2012 hospitalised again, repeat of multiple pulmonary embolisms; now on daily, injected blood thinners for life. Few more emergency admissions after collapse to hospital last year for blood transfusions as a complication (another unrelated health problem) of being on blood thinners. This all on top of the original, worsening osteoarthritis.

I'm not a moaner about my health...lucky to still be here and had it not been for the fact that I have a house mate, indeed I wouldn't be here. Hasn't been so much a 'care' issue (though he does any heavy lugging in the house, etc, has called emergency services for me at night, picked me up from hospital stays several times), for me it's been more a sense of security that someone else is here and we have split the bills. Household outgoings are very low, esp with tiny mortgage and I have managed to support myself via on/off income, ESA benefit (no other benefits claimed) and more latterly the financial help of two friends. My life is quite limited at the moment, mostly now with regard to osteoarthritis and the only upside of that is that it's a pretty cheap existence.

Not sure any of the above was really necessary by way of explanation and certainly none of it seems to matter to the DWP. To try and answer briefly some of the other questions - friend has use of large, converted loft room as combined sitting room/bedroom, we share kitchen and bathroom. We don't share food bill, meals together, certainly no sexual relationship. There has been a limited (a dozen maybe) occasions when he has either shopped for me/made me something to eat when I've come home from hosp, etc.

Did ask my solicitor about how I could somehow 'formalise' our situation. Frankly, he didn't seem particularly interested in answering/helping with that but, to be fair to him, I'm receiving legal aid and that is only intended to cover legal representation if the DWP decide they want to try for prosecution (it also covered solicitor's attendance at initial interview under caution).

Not sure if there's anything I've missed. My apologies for such a long ramble, think I'm still in the frame of mind of needing to explain myself in great detail.

Edited by dc1960
Incorrect date given previously

All you have to do is to Appeal the decision and take it before the Appeal Board. It would be advisable to get a Solicitor to help you with this too .

I appreciate that some detail will be easily overlooked because I have rambled a lot - I did appeal in early January. Having acknowledged my appeal they then lost it. I have just re-submitted an appeal and I do have a solicitor. I think part of my worry has been that as they lost the original appeal dated almost three months ago, would my resubmitted appeal 'go back to the bottom of the pile' - waiting has been almost unbearable and it makes it all the more difficult when legal aid - much as I am incredibly grateful to have it - doesn't cover any assistance with the appeals process.

Hi

It would seem they have all the information they need from you. It would seem to me that you have been more than honest; there is always going to be a 'grey' area when a lodger of the opposite sex resides with a living landlord, especially when bills appear to be shared - but, shared billing is not untoward in a Lodger/Landlord letting.....there is nothing wrong with causing the Lodger to pay money into your account so that the bills can be paid - you share the house, the bills are shared...you have found a means of ensuring the bills are covered and the Lodger agrees to that means of covering his share of the bills...

Yours is a relationship of Live-in Landlord and Lodger.

The Lodger is not your Tenant - because he has his own a loft room in your home and shares kitchen, living room etc and you are 'resident'.

A tenant would have totally self contained accommodation with no shared facilities and the landlord would certainly not reside or share any of the facilities with the tenant.

To formalise the Live-in Landlord and Lodger relationship - all that would be needed is a letter from you to your Lodger stating the terms and conditions of the Lodging - stating when he moved in, what his rent is, what is his space, what is shared space, whether meals are included or not, what other facilities are included/excluded, how portion of the bills he is to pay including the council tax etc.... and signed and accepted by you and the Lodger...You can make that letter as long or as short as the circumstances require.

The fact that you have yet to formalise this is what is causing the concern of the DWP.....I would have thought that any appeal it needs to be stated that it is due to the lack of formality for why the ambiguity exists and no other reason as far as you can tell - you remain entitled to benefit - you submit a letter outlining the formal arrangement - benefits are of course means tested and the DWP will take into account the amount that you get in rent from the Lodger - yes, it is true that due to ill health and the fact that the Lodger is someone you know and who clearly respects you; that he has assisted you over and above that which you may have expected from a complete stranger - but that in itself is not a crime and does and should not affect your claim for any means tested benefit.

It is of concern that you are being treated this way, when for all intent and purpose all that is missing is a letter setting out the terms of your living arrangements with your Lodger who happens to be someone that you know.

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Applecart, thank you very much. Was going to say it's the only constructive input I've had on possibly how to formalise my living arrangements... but actually it's the *only* input I've had from any direction, full stop. I'm finding it a bit difficult to read/digest things properly at the moment but I will re-read what you've said. The main thing that jumps to mind at the moment is does (can?) tenant/lodger still apply with our joint names on the mortgage?

Would LODGER not open another can of worms ? Tax implications, and a Income !!!

Well I think the first can of worms comes with the 'lodger' being on the mortgage.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

He cannot be your lodger as he is on the mortgage - he is a joint owner/tenant in common.

What does the deed of trust say?

When you claimed ESA did you note him down as living with you (not a partner?)

Did you ever claim help with your mortgage or council tax benefit? You have made no mention of this plus you would have had an Overpayment of these as well so I assume not.

I think the DWP have looked at you as claiming ESA but not needing any help with your mortgage or council tax which is unusual as you would have been able to claim 50% of the council tax bill and also 50% of the mortgage(although this would have been based on their own calculations).

Do you know what evidence the DWP have?

Without being nosey have either of you had relationships with other people while you have lived together? (It shouldn't really matter but in the eyes of the DWP it will)

Edited by EagerElephant

Would LODGER not open another can of worms ? Tax implications, and a Income !!!

All income over a given threshold is taxable - the taxman is not an ogre - he will only take what he is due....that's to say, income less expenses - amount left over - if tax is due - it will be payable, if not - then no tax will be taken...

It's always a good thing to keep accurate records - the records assist DWP to calculate benefits due too.

Apple

All income over a given threshold is taxable - the taxman is not an ogre - he will only take what he is due....that's to say, income less expenses - amount left over - if tax is due - it will be payable, if not - then no tax will be taken...

It's always a good thing to keep accurate records - the records assist DWP to calculate benefits due too.

Apple

As has been explained by earlier, the lodger discussion is not relevant, as the Alleged Partner's name is on the mortgage as a joint owner (either joint tenant or tenant in common) of the property.

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I hear you - when you speak of the 'lodger' not being relevant... but, this is what the OP said:

"2007 was living (alone) in costly private rented accommodation, inherited a substantial sum when my father died. Wanted to purchase modest, 'for renovation' property I'd seen in my village, was not working at time but looking for employment. Friend agreed to put name on mortgage (along with my own) so I didn't miss out on it; very small mortgage (£70/month payments). Was advised to have a Deed of Trust prepared just in case of any future problems and this I did. Friend's name was to come off mortgage when I was in full time work. I bought/moved into property early 2008. Started work within around 6wks of moving in; physical job, almost immediately had severe worsening of mild, existing joint pain. Changed job, same field, less physical, but health worsening. Diagnosed with osteoarthritis mainly to my knees/hips. Became very worried about how I could cope in short term ('tidy up' ops on both knees was now on cards) asked friend to move in temporarily. Pretty much half and half on bills, had to stop work but managing on what was left of my inheritance which was intended for house renovation. Obviously not claiming any benefit at this time (he doesn't and has never been in receipt of any kind of benefits)."

At the time the house was bought, the OP was not working, the friends name came on the mortgage because of that reason. The Deed of Trust is stated as having been prepared with a view to the 'friends' name coming off to protect the OP's interests....

Its about the intent of the parties - the OP's intent was that the 'friends' name was at all times intended to come off the mortgage - this is not to be construed as tenants in common or a joint tenancy....they are not husband and wife, they do not co-habitat...they are totally independent of each other....and remain so.....

As I understand this, the OP does not claim mortgage assistance - DWP are not concerned with that - they are claiming that the OP and 'friend' are in a relationship..........

The OP said>>

"That interview under caution was in August of last year. In January I received their decision that we were "living together as husband as wife" along with an overpayment notice of ESA benefit amounting to just in excess of £13,000 and benefit was stopped. I immediately appealed the decision in early January and heard nothing. I'm trying to remove all the emotion in writing this as I don't think it's helpful or necessary, but needless to say the strain I am under is immense. I heard nothing with regard to my appeal, despite chasing them up and eventually wrote to the Minister for the DWP. The matter was just recently passed to someone in the DWP's Operational Excellence Directorate who contacted me by telephone. I transpires that my appeal was 'lost' by the DWP (whichever section deals with those, I don't know) despite the fact that, as I told her (the person who rang me from the OED) I had in front of me a letter acknowledging my appeal dated 30th January. She has asked me to resubmit my appeal to FIS in Glasgow (this I assume is their fraud investigation service) which I have done this week."

They do not live together as man and wife - but they do live in the same house - he has his own quarters and they share other facilities in the house.....His name on the mortgage is party to a private arrangement agreed due to the OP being out of work at the time the opportunity came up to buy the house - the trust deed protects the OP's interests - which should confirm that there is no 'tenancy in common' or 'joint tenancy' in place or intended - should the matter end up in a court of law...- which should show the 'friend' has no financial benefit invested in or from the property.

In Law..yes, it could be argued that the 'friend' is for all intent and purpose a 'joint tenant' or 'tenant in common' - but in reality - there is paperwork to rebuff that argument....as the OP said: "Was advised to have a Deed of Trust prepared just in case of any future problems and this I did".

You don't formalise to that extent when you are married or living as man and wife do you?

Apple

Applecart, thank you very much. Was going to say it's the only constructive input I've had on possibly how to formalise my living arrangements... but actually it's the *only* input I've had from any direction, full stop. I'm finding it a bit difficult to read/digest things properly at the moment but I will re-read what you've said. The main thing that jumps to mind at the moment is does (can?) tenant/lodger still apply with our joint names on the mortgage?

Hi dc1960..

The beauty of the CAG is that you will see arguments for and against... ultimately it is for you to consider both sides and apply to your personal circumstance.

My view as I say is that he is a Lodger for all intent and purpose - there is a plausible reason for how his name came to be on the mortgage - the Trust deed should ideally proof the detail... only you know what that document says....but if what you say can be founded - it is your means of showing and evidencing that there is no 'husband and wife' arrangement between you - because you need to avert DWP's belief that you are living together as husband and wife to stave of the alleged overpayment.

Apple

I don’t think the Deed of Trust is, in itself, going to be of any help then as far the DWP are concerned and I didn’t make my original post clear enough so my apologies, Applecart.. I bought the house for *renovation* to sell on and my (now) house mate was to help with renovation work for, when the house was sold, a share of the profit - there was never any question or doubt that his name would have been taken off the mortgage. I can’t remember the exact wording, I’ll need to dig it out, but the deed reflects that I had paid all the purchase costs and invested the six figure sum for its purchase and what share of the equity he would be paid upon completion and sale. I think it also includes wording re how the house would be valued upon sale and the related costs of sale. All of which, of course, became defunct when I became unable to work, let alone renovate a house, and had to use what I’d set aside for renovations to support myself.

Regardless, I’d never even heard of a Deed of Trust prior to buying the house and it was only being prompted by a friend’s husband that I should do so to set out clearly that I was the sole financial investor and who got/paid for what upon sale of the house.

I don’t think the Deed of Trust is, in itself, going to be of any help then as far the DWP are concerned and I didn’t make my original post clear enough so my apologies, Applecart.. I bought the house for *renovation* to sell on and my (now) house mate was to help with renovation work for, when the house was sold, a share of the profit - there was never any question or doubt that his name would have been taken off the mortgage. I can’t remember the exact wording, I’ll need to dig it out, but the deed reflects that I had paid all the purchase costs and invested the six figure sum for its purchase and what share of the equity he would be paid upon completion and sale. I think it also includes wording re how the house would be valued upon sale and the related costs of sale. All of which, of course, became defunct when I became unable to work, let alone renovate a house, and had to use what I’d set aside for renovations to support myself.

Regardless, I’d never even heard of a Deed of Trust prior to buying the house and it was only being prompted by a friend’s husband that I should do so to set out clearly that I was the sole financial investor and who got/paid for what upon sale of the house.

I imagine his 'share' is considerably less than your own would be though - understand that nobodies circumstances are picture perfect.... you are being accused of an alleged fraud on the basis that you live as 'husband and wife' - this is a grey area for dwp....and of course, you.......possibly founded on the finding that the 'house mate' has his name on the mortgage....this has not been determined as the underlying reason as far as I can tell as yet.....it could be purely based on what you have told them about the help and assistance he gives you and the billing arrangements that have been presented without supporting written formalities by way of a letter confirming the lodging arrangements you have ended up in....

When you are digging through to look for the trust deed, see if you can also dig up or find out 'why' or what grounds the DWP rely on for their finding that you are allegedly living as 'husband and wife'....

Just remember, and bear in mind - it is an administrative process at this stage, you have a right to appeal - but I think it is a limited time to do so, so you best get digging : )

Apple

Have you had a home visit yet ? You will be asked if,

The both of you go out together, be it shopping or socialising.

Have you had any holidays together, they will want to see passports to confirm.

Does he contribute in any way to the running of the house, since you now have no benefit, what do you do for money now.

They will try and convinced you, it's better to just declare both of you as partners living as a couple, you be able to claim more.

We just kept up the fight right up to the Appeal and it then went in our favour, what a relief as our bill was some 30K

No home visit. I'm surprised they haven't shown up unannounced at some point - I wish they had. I really have nothing to hide from them and the irony of their questions made me feel quite sad and a bit sorry for myself. I've not had a holiday since the late 90's - though my house mate and I did go to France together for the day in 2007 and three years ago both went for dinner at the home of slightly older, very dear friends of mine; they like to make a huge fuss of him, don't get much opportunity to do so as he avoids anyone fussing over him at all costs! I will be eternally grateful to them as they are helping me financially at the moment.

Anyway. You see why I say irony - I'm at the point of being afraid to walk out of my own front door at the same time as he does or ask him to get me a bit of shopping or, worse, take me shopping as I've just lost the last bit of independence I had in the form of my little old car (no money to tax, run it, etc) so everything seems to be having a knock on effect. Yes, he's now almost exclusively paying household bills; something I probably shouldn't say here but it's beyond me, what else I'm supposed to do. I feel very guilty despite his reassurances that I'll be able to repay him some day and that, in any event, him moving out and renting privately would cost a whole lot more. I'm just now being extremely cautious about keeping very detailed records of what I owe. It's all I can do for the moment really.

Not sure if it would be better to start another thread for this but will try here first... I'm thinking about sending an SAR to the DWP. I have a small mountain of paperwork with regard to my ESA claim/benefit and I'm just trying to get everything 'in order' but I'm certain that there are some (written) communications from them that I have not kept. Can anyone please advise on:

- Do I need to make the request in relation to specific DWP depts/locations around the country? Given that I've gone from (successful) original claim, to appeal when I failed a second ATOS assessment, to reinstatement of benefit, to IUC, then onto appeal following their decision after the IUC - all of these things have been dealt with by different DWP offices around the UK. Or will the SAR directed at my regional Job Centre Plus/Benefit Centre, asking for all information held, suffice?

- will the information they are able to send me include copies of forms I have completed in relation to my claim? I'm specifically interested in seeing an ESA3 form which they say I completed but which I have no recollection of ever having done so.

Many thanks.

Hi Ya

I'd be tempted to ask for copies at my local job centre first - from there - if you get the info you need - you may save yourself a lot of time.

Apple