Who do i complain to - t-mobile, sigma spv1 and hl solicitors - please help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All:-),

My wife and I recently went Bankrupt. Well….2011. I know some people may call us crazy but it really did change our lives for the better! Anyway I digress.

My wife and I both had debts with 'T-Mobile'. They were passed to 'Sigma SPV1 Ltd' and in turn 'HL Solicitors'. The debts were a part of our Bankruptcy. We were discharged in Oct 2012.

During our Bankruptcy 'HL Solicitors' kept sending us demands to which I always replied, referring them to our 'Official Receiver' (Plus I sent them numerous copies of our Bankruptcy Order).

Over the last 4 months 'HL Solicitors' have become particularly aggressive! Until recently we have complied completely and been forthcoming! (even more than we perhaps should have). We sent them more copies of our 'Bankruptcy Orders', our 'Proof of Discharge' and even a copy of page 14 of our 'Statement of Affairs' highlighting that the debt was included in the Bankruptcy!

(I realise that it is irrelevant that it was actually in the 'Statement of Affairs' and that any debts that we may have missed would still be a part of our Bankruptcy but dealing with imbeciles we wanted to make a point!)

‘None the less’ the latest letter I have received is a notice that should we not make payment within 14 days they are going to take us to court! Funny enough as well as anger reading this letter, I couldn’t help laughing as I know they wouldn’t have a leg to stand on!

The next step I am going to take is, I am going to phone our 'Official Receiver' to find out what they can do about it (if anything) and I want to write a nasty letter to them, explaining how they have got it so wrong etc

My question has three parts as follows:

1 - Does anyone know if they have a dedicated complaints department that I can write to direct? I have tried to research this but found nothing?

2 - In my letter I want to let them know that I am going to also write to the OFT and my MP etc. Can you tell me who else (if anyone), I can put in my letter as a threat that I intend to write to etc?

3, Can you let me know if you can think of anything, no matter how little, that I can/Should include in my letter? (any references’ to litigation/law etc, specific words like Obtuse or Vexation for example?)

I want to thank you in advance of your replies for taking the time to read my thread and reply!

Thank you so very much

Darren.

P.S

Just to let you know that my frame of mind is that I really want to give it to them in this letter! Perhaps make them sweat if I can!? Whilst obviously writing the letter within the constraints of the law and without sounding like a raging lunatic etc lol! Thank you kindly.

P.P.S

Sorry but I have just thought of another concern. My wife and I have registered with Experian, Equifax etc. With a view to gaining control of our credit. It has been great! I would recommend it to anyone. For example we had two Bankruptcies each so had the error corrected (We‘ve only ever gone Bankrupt once), we have had debts that were registered against us but were a part of the Bankruptcy marked as satisfied or even removed and it has increased our scores dramatically! However we both have one remaining................yep you guessed it, ‘HL Solicitors’!!!

Do you know who is responsible for either removing it from our credit record or marking it as satisfied (Due to the Bankruptcy)? Is it 'T-Mobile', 'Sigma SPV1 Ltd' or 'HL Solicitors'?? I only ask because I have inquired with them and every one of them has passed the buck, stating that it is the responsibility of one of the others!!

I can't thank you enough for any help you can give us!!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

Many of the debt collection letters are sent by these companies, without any real understanding on what is going on. They may not have recorded details of the correspondence you have sent them and stopped these automated letters.

If I were you, I would perhaps phone the SRA and ask about their complaints process. See if they can provide you with HL Legals person in charge of the company, who would be responsible for dealing with complaints and liasing with the SRA. Then send a complaint letter by recorded delivery, threatening to lodge a complaint with the SRA.

ww.sra.org.uk/contact-us/

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sigma are responsible for the actions of their representatives. HL effectively are Sigma. All in-house.

Send a letter or email to

Mike Harfield

Grosvenor House

Prospect Hill

Redditch B97 4DL

[email protected]

or call 01527 586 560 (only if you can record)

and make clear the situation. State that any further correspondence received from them will incur a charge of £25 per item to deal with. Follow up with the threat in writing.

If ignored, and you receive more rubbish, issue the invoices. If they do not pay, issue a court claim. They won’t have a leg to stand on.

• Confused 1

Many of the debt collection letters are sent by these companies, without any real understanding on what is going on. They may not have recorded details of the correspondence you have sent them and stopped these automated letters.

If I were you, I would perhaps phone the SRA and ask about their complaints process. See if they can provide you with HL Legals person in charge of the company, who would be responsible for dealing with complaints and liasing with the SRA. Then send a complaint letter by recorded delivery, threatening to lodge a complaint with the SRA.

Just to let you know, I've left a comment on your reputation. I am fairly new here so let know me know if there is anything else I can do for you? Thanks

Thank you so much, DonkeyB. Great advice! I took my bank to court, I'm sure I can handle these Muppets! Do you know if stigma will be responsible for removing or satisfying the debt on our credit report?

Reputation comment left for you too DonkeyB. Thank you so much.

ww.sra.org.uk/contact-us/

As far as I know a debtor cannot complain to the SRA about a firm of solicitors acting for a creditor.

As far as I know a debtor cannot complain to the SRA about a firm of solicitors acting for a creditor.

Usually you have to be a client of a Solicitor to make a complaint, but I have read of the SRA taking complaints, where the processes being followed do not meet the required standards. If they are noted as Solicitors in their correspondence, how else would you complain about they way they are conducting themselves.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Usually you have to be a client of a Solicitor to make a complaint, but I have read of the SRA taking complaints, where the processes being followed do not meet the required standards. If they are noted as Solicitors in their correspondence, how else would you complain about they way they are conducting themselves.

Wholly agree. This is how solicitor Trevor Munn got shafted - SRA took legal action themselves.

Every debtor and his dog would make potentially unfounded complaints against a solicitor when most (not all) of the time the debtor is just disgruntled and has no actual grounds for genuine complaint.

The OP can try but I doubt anything will come of it...