• Tweets

• if the agreement was taken out jan 23, then she has not reached the 1/3rd mark so the car has not become protected goods under the consumer credit act.  this puts her in a very very vulnerable position regarding ever keeping the car....whereby once they have issued a default notice they can legally send a guy with a flatbed (though they are NOT BAILIFFS and have ZERO legal powers) to collect the car.  if the car is kept on the public highway then they can simply take it away and she will legally owe the whole stated amount on the agreement AND lose the car. if it's on private property i'e like a driveway, ok they shouldn't take it without her agreeing, but if they do, it's not really on but its better than a court case and an inevitable loss with the granting a return of goods order. are these 'health reasons' likely to resolve themselves in the very short term (like a couple of months?) and can she immediately begin working again ? i'e has she got a job or would have to find one?  answer the above and we'll try and help. but she looks to be between rock and a hard place . whatever happens she will still have to pay the loan off...car or no car....unless you can appeal to the finance company's better nature using health reasons to back off for xxx months.
    • no need to use it. it doubles the size of the thread and makes it very diff to find replies on small screens too. just like @username it - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread already inc you ...gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.
    • Hello all,   I ordered a laptop online about 16 months ago. The laptop was faulty and I was supposed to send it back within guarantee but didn't for various reasons. I contacted the company a few months later and they said they will still fix it for me free of charge but I'd have to pay to send it to them and they will pay to send it back to me. The parcel arrived there fine. Company had fixed it and they sent it via dpd. I was working in the office so I asked my neighbours who would be in, as there's been a history of parcel thefts on our street. I had 2 neighbours who offered but when I went to update delivery instructions, their door number wasn't on the drop down despite sharing the same post code.  I then selected a neighbour who I thought would likely be in and also selected other in the safe place selection and put the number of the neighbour who I knew would definitely be in and they left my parcel outside and the parcel was stolen. DPD didn't want to deal with me and said I need to speak to the retailer. The retailer said DPD have special instructions from them not to leave a parcel outside unless specified by a customer. The retailer then said they could see my instructions said leave in a safe space but I have no porch. My front door just opens onto the road and the driver made no attempt to conceal it.  Anyway, I would like to know if I have rights here because the delivery wasn't for an item that I just bought. It was initially delivered but stopped working within the warranty period and they agreed to fix it for free.  Appreciate your help 🙏🏼   Thanks!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Parcel Monkey When Will The Parcel Be Delivered?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 12 March we sent a parcel of 8 kgs to a frien whom lives in Oxford. We decided to look for a cheaper option other than Royal Mail whom wanted a small fortune for an 8 Kg box as you can imagine, the books some where quite heavy.

We found a company on-line called ParcelMonkey and entered in our box diamentions and weight, paid they said collection would be on the 12 March, luckily that day we where both at home all day...No courier from ParcelMonkey came to collect the box??? It was at this point I smelled a rat and decided to contact the Financial Ombudsman the following day 13 March but the courier turned up and took the box stating that he had only recieved the message to collect on the 13 March. Hmmmm Wait for it...It's now the 17 March granted a Sunday but we will give until tommorow the 18 March and contact the FO I have entered into a dialogue with the company but it's platitudes and when I got smart with them they became obtuse. I told them I would enter into no further dialogue with them.:evil::evil:

Anyone have any ideas what would be a good next step? They have debited my account and have our box with £70 worth of books in. The 'tracker' on their website shows the box as 'In transit'. It is not going to the north pole only oxford it was due to be delivered Friday 15 March but they failed to deliver!!! I have heard some bad tales about this company and am really peeved by them and their blase, could-not-care-less attitude.:-x:-x:-x

:???: Simply as Parcel Monkey has taken payment via my Debit Card and if they are not providing the 'paid' service then they should re-fund me my money and return my goods back to me. Or they are in contravention of the 'Distance selling Act.' And The Financial Ombudsman do what their name states...'Financial' they can contact the company and find out why they have taken my money and not provided the service they should be doing!! :whoo:

The Financial Ombudsman is there to settle disputes between consumers and businesses who provide FINANCIAL products or services. They won't help you. Only after you've tried complaining in writing to Parcel Monkey customer service dept and can show you're getting nowhere, should you contact Citizens Advice or Trading Standards, somebody will correct me, but I'm

sure they're the best bet.

Maybe getting smart wasn't the best option!

scotgal 

On the 12 March we sent a parcel of 8 kgs to a frien whom lives in Oxford. We decided to look for a cheaper option other than Royal Mail whom wanted a small fortune for an 8 Kg box as you can imagine, the books some where quite heavy.

We found a company on-line called ParcelMonkey and entered in our box diamentions and weight, paid they said collection would be on the 12 March, luckily that day we where both at home all day...No courier from ParcelMonkey came to collect the box??? It was at this point I smelled a rat and decided to contact the Financial Ombudsman the following day 13 March but the courier turned up and took the box stating that he had only recieved the message to collect on the 13 March. Hmmmm Wait for it...It's now the 17 March granted a Sunday but we will give until tommorow the 18 March and contact the FO I have entered into a dialogue with the company but it's platitudes and when I got smart with them they became obtuse. I told them I would enter into no further dialogue with them.:evil::evil:

Anyone have any ideas what would be a good next step? They have debited my account and have our box with £70 worth of books in. The 'tracker' on their website shows the box as 'In transit'. It is not going to the north pole only oxford it was due to be delivered Friday 15 March but they failed to deliver!!! I have heard some bad tales about this company and am really peeved by them and their blase, could-not-care-less attitude.:-x:-x:-x

sorry to hear about your bed experience. I use Ecoparcel to book deliveries. as far as I understand Ecoparcel works quite similarly to parcelmonkey. so far I do not have eny problems.

Are there any contact details on parcelMonkey website, so that you coyuld contact them?

sorry to hear about your bed experience. I use Ecoparcel to book deliveries. as far as I understand Ecoparcel works quite similarly to parcelmonkey. so far I do not have eny problems.

Are there any contact details on parcelMonkey website, so that you coyuld contact them?

I wonder.

Do you work for them? reply not much use otherwise

Parcel to go reviews?

Couple of entries down the lovely Violeta gives ecoparcel a wrap. Much better English that time.

I was bored so googled her

Soz.

★☆☆☆☆

WRITE A REVIEW

“DO NOT USE THIS SITE!”

Written on: 27/02/2013

We used this site as it seemed like the cheapest option. Having sent numerous shipments with companies before we did not take out the insurance - BIG mistake but they were charging £50 to insure our packages! They arrived late and were in such bad condition the boxes had been ripped open, all of the books we sent had black scuff marks across each of the covers so the books had obviously been thrown across the floor of a van or warehouse and then literally shoved back into the boxes with a... (read more)

She replied in this bit

• 1 year later...

​I was persuaded to move my business to Parcel Monkey spending about £2,000.00/year on courier services - it was probably the worst decision I ever made. I tried to make it work over a few years but overall it was very hard work indeed. Collections were often missed, deliveries even more so.I became so concerned that I paid extra for the premium (guaranteed) delivery each time in the hope it would improve but it was no better. The front of room staff are helpful and pleasant, but the service itself (mostly provided by City Link) was terrible. They are cheaper but the hassle in re-booking, explaining to customers why they are not going to receive their goods etc just isn't worth it. If you are thinking of sending the odd parcel, there is not so much to lose, but if you are thinking of opening an account for business purposes you will be sorely disappointed (and so will your customers).