As suspected - Zero points - ** Placed in WRAG **

up2meears
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

Well, I've finally had a letter from DWP saying that I scored 0 points on my assessment, no surprise there - and that my entitlement to ESA has ended from last week.

I've sent a letter by recorded delivery (yesterday) to DWP requesting a copy of the face to face assessment report as going by the DMs letter and what was said at the f2f most of my answers have either been omitted or changed and I want them to look at the decision again.

I'm waiting for an appointment with someone to help me go through this procedure, but I was wondering if there is anything I should be doing in the mean time as I don't know how long the appointment is going to take? (It has been passed as urgent)

Do I complete the GL24 at this stage or is it just a letter requesting them to look at the decision again? I know I can't really do much until I get the report because it might be correct, but I'm obviously anxious that its time sensitive and want to get things started. (Don't want to get into the same rut as I did with the ESA50 by burying my head in the sand until the week before deadline)

If the DWP drag their feet in sending this report, should I send the letter/GL24 anyway?

I'm sorry if these questions have been posted before, I have had a look around the forum but am just getting myself confused and into more of a state.

Many thanks for any help

Up2

Personally, I'd send off the GL24 asap. Simply fill the form out including your reasons for the appeal and state you wish the case to go to a tribunal (this procedure automatically includes a review by the DM). If you have supporting evidence - even if it's the same as you might have sent with the ESA50 - include it. If not, there's no problem as you'll have months to collate it. Then keep sending in (un)fit notes and you will continue to receive the assessment rate.

Eventually, the DWP will send you a copy of all their bumpf that they will send to the tribunal. This will include the FULL 'medical' report (which is generally computer generated claptrap). Once you receive that, then is the best time to work through it all and compile your rebuttal.

So, just send in the GL24 asap and you will have many months to sort out your case.

You're welcome. A key point to remember is to either put in a diary or on a calendar when your (un)fit note runs out. Then arrange to get a new one a good week before and send it off. It doesn't matter if they overlap. The DWP do often send out reminders but you'll receive them about a day or two before the note runs out. No (un)fit note = no ESA payment.

I also advise sending you fit notes by recorded post or similar - when I was on assessment rate of ESA and sending fit notes in they were only occasionally lost when sent by non recorded methods!!!

Feebee_71

Thanks Feebee,

I always send anything to anyone official by recorded delivery (learnt that lesson years ago)

So, I received a copy of the ATOS report, and the so called ATOS nurse has either only listed half of what I told her or twisted my answers!!! No surprise of being awarded zero points with what she said.....

I cant get an appointment with the advice people for another 2 weeks!!! So I have sent off GL24 with four pages on my condition and how I fit at least four of the descriptors. However, I have been reading around elsewhere (don't know how I didn't see this beforehand) and everywhere is saying I should have requested to continue being paid whilst I wait for the appeal/reconsideration?

The GL24 and papers were signed for this morning, and my fit note runs out next week (Seeing GP on Friday so will send off another one then) But I'm obviously now worried that they wont automatically keep paying the benefit. I'm so worried now, I feel like giving up already :-(

If anyone can advise (hopefully put my mind at rest) I will be so grateful.

Thanks everyone

Up2

Up2,

Why not send a further letter to use benefits people saying something along the lines of 'further to my GL24 dated xx/xx/wwww please accept this letter as a request to continue paying my ESA while progressing my information through the appeal process'

You will, hopefully, then carry on getting the ESA paid.

Good luck,

Feebee_71

Just give your DWP BDC a quick ring to confirm you'll still receive the assessment rate. As far as I'm aware it's an automatic process - if you're appealing and they hold a valid (un)fit note then payment is generated. Neither time I had to appeal did I specifically write anywhere I wished to continue to receive payments.

Thanks Feebee and Rae,

I'm hoping what you said is right Rae, as my benefit is due tomorrow and they've received the papers and have a valid fit note. However, I'll try to call them today, plus send a quick letter as Feebee suggests when I send a new sick cert on Friday.

Thanks very much for the advice, I feel a bit calmer now.

Up2

Your benefits are paid in arrears. So tomorrow's payment covers the last 2 weeks.

The letter I received last week says I am no longer entitled from 8th March, so does that mean I'm not entitled to the regular payment tomorrow? That's how I've worked it out, and that I am now relying on them continuing to pay me due to appealing. :noidea:

Up2

Hi all,

Oh well, no money today but expected that, so I managed to call DWP (taken me all this time to pluck up the courage) and the chap I spoke to was very helpful and polite, and that helped ease my anxiousness.

The paperwork is on the system, but he said as my fit note is due to run out next week they're holding off re-instating payment until they receive a new one. I didn't think to ask the guy on the phone, but do you think if I took the new fit note down to the jobcentre when I get it from the docs tomorrow that they will process it there and then (that is fax it to the relevant benefit office)?? Otherwise it wont get there until at least Monday and my gas and electric are on emergency and wont last the weekend?

Also does anybody know if I could get a crisis loan or something to cover the gas an electric if they cant process the fit note? I was on CB ESA.

I'd rather try and find out before hand as I know I will get upset if I'm in the jobcentre and refused everything. Sorry for asking such muppet questions, but I am so stressed out at the moment

Thanks again for any advice

Up2

• 1 month later...

Morning all,

Quick update on this thread.

First off, thank you all so much for your advice and help with this.

After receiving a call from DWP requesting letters of support from my GP, I have received a letter today saying that they have looked at the decision again, changed it in my favour and placed me in WRAG. (This is great for me, as I want to return to work as soon as I am able)

I'm a bit miffed as the letter did not mention whether I need to continue sending fit notes? Just wondering if I am to expect another letter or that it means I need to continue sending them until told otherwise?

Thanks again for the encouragement needed to dispute the original ATOS and DM decision. And to everyone going through the process, trust in yourself, and your medical professionals and don't let ATOS grind you down.

Up2

Glad to hear someone had a reasonably hassle free experience.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Hi Odset,

It really was pretty hassle free, considering I got so stressed about it.

I received the ATOS report within days of requesting it. Once I'd appealed and then found out that the DWP weren't planning on taking action until I'd sent them an up2date fit note, I got another one the next day, took it to my local JC, they said they'd process it if they had time, and they obviously did because my ESA payments were re-instated that day, and I received a letter a couple of days later saying that the GL24 and my statement for ATOS lies/fitting the descriptors had been received.

I had a call at the beginning of April asking for medical support regarding only one of my illnesses, but I couldn't make it to my GP as I had been so poorly, so I only saw her on Monday, recorded her letter that morning and had a decision this morning.

I don't know if I've just been very lucky in the time it took, or if the DWP are finally realising ATOS' disregard for taking peoples illnesses seriously.

Up2