Allied International Credit (UK) (Northern rock original debt)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm in need of help.

I took a loan out with Northern Rock approx eight plus years ago. I lost my job and was unable to pay the loan. I agreed a repayment amount with them and payed this for quite a while. I fell into further financial difficulties and stopped payments altogether. They have now moved my loan to another company for them to collect. The company is called Allied International Credit (UK) Limited.

I've now received a letter from them which says the following -

CLIENT NAME - NORTHERN ROCK (ASSETMANAGEMENT)

CLIENT REF NO - I won't state this for obvious reasons.

AIC REFERENCE NO - I won't state this for obvious reasons.

OUTSTANDING BALANCE - £4102.35

Dear (my name)

The account noted above has been assigned to us from our client, NORTHER ROCK (ASSETMANAGEMENT) with regards to the non payment of the outstanding balance.

We are unaware of any reason for the non payment and we encourage you to contact our office immediately to resolve the outstanding matter in a timely manner.

If you have already made payment to this account please contact us with the payment details.

Alternatively, if you are experiencing financial difficulty please call us as we are happy to discuss your situation and how we can help resolve.

Yours sincerely

Mr A Dickey

Debt Collection Department

I am in a better position to repay the debt and I understand that the last thing I should do is contact them by phone but after that I'm not sure what to do.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Steve.

firstly

get the true picture

get your cra file

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What type of loan ?

When did you last make any payment towards this loan or acknowledge it in writing ?

As advised, checking your credit record. If it is not on your record, this may indicate that 6 years have passed since default. Therefore it is possibly statute barred and you can send a letter advising AIC of this. It is then up to AIC to prove otherwise.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It’s not clear if this is an equitable assignment so that AIC can collect on behalf of NR, or whether NR has sold the account to AIC. Did that letter have any other wording on it? Have you ever received a separate notice of assignment?

Hi again. I've tried getting my CRA file but non of the sites linked to are working. They seem to be unable to verify my identity! I've tried using my card (Maestro) and my wifes card (visa) but still no joy.

I'm not sure what type of loan, I know it was a non secured loan if that helps. The last payment was made at least a year ago. Without my CRA file I can't tell if it's even been defaulted etc.

I do remember NR saying they were going to pass my details to a collection agency but AIC are new to me, I guess my details/account has been sold to them?

The letter I received from them is the one I copied in my first post, no other details. I'm not sure what a notice of assignment is let allone whether I've recieved one or not.

Thanks in advance of any further help.

are you on voters?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thats strange your cra file is proving difficult to get then.

thats normally the reason.

dx

and they

Well, I've tried requesting my CRA info but it's still not working. The error message says "Please Note: Unfortunately we have been unable to retrieve the product(s) you have requested based on the information you have supplied. Please verify the information you have entered below and, if appropriate, resubmit your application. If you have tried to request your Statutory Report and the information below is correct, it will be necessary for you to order it by post by completing our printable application form"

Obviously, I've checked the details entered and all is fine.

So, I'm unable to perform an online request. I guess I'll get the printable version, fill it in and send it off. Meanwhile I'm getting a LOT of calls from various numbers - withheld, overseas etc and messages on the A/P asking me to contact the asap.

I have a bad feeling they're going to get some sort of court order and send in the bailiffs if I don't respond soon.

can your wife get her file ok under her name

something wrong.

stop panicking steve...

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

they have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

a court case is a very very remote prospect

and a long process

all you've got is an

if. might, maybe. could

threat-o-gram

dx

and they

you dont have to use noddle...

i've never known anyone with lasting issues

if the card is registered at the address

if the person is registered at the address

and on voters

should always work

why dont you emailk them and ASK what the issue is?

dx

and they