Lowells/Barclaycard

Grundles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have paid off a debt firstly with Barclaycard and then

a few years later Lowells got in touch and said there was an outstanding amount still,

I (stupidly) agreed to pay this off as well, I did this over three months last year.

If only I had known what I know now having read these forums I would have put up more of a fight.

The account is satisfied, as per a letter from Lowells received today after I queried it,

but is still showing as defaulting they say that as it has a defaulted history they cannot mark it as satisfied...is this true?

If so why are some of my old overdraft debts marked as satisfied, with a date of default also on it as well.

This is all on Experian which is the one that Lowells say they use.

Also can I reclaim charges added to this account even though I have settled it? I don't mind if I can't put will attempt it if I can!!

Thanks to all you beautiful CAGGERS! x

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Grundles,

I can't see any reason at all why they can't mark it as satisfied.

I honestly don't know about getting the charges back from them, but if you had already paid Barclaycard in full and it was not true that there was a remaining amount outstanding then I would start by asking for the money back and if they don't return it you can report them to the OFT and FOS.

DD

get an SAR off to BC

and get reclaiming all the £12 fees over the last 6yrs & poss PPI?

markign a debt as satisfied without removing any defaults markers is as bad as a CCJ.

what are the default dates of these debts?

sounds like you've been cash cowed by lowlife too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX.

Default date is 20/2/2009. That means, I think, that it has two years left on my file...?

I shall send SAR off to BC and see what they come up with, had forgotten about PPI, I don't remember if I had it or not. Who would I be claiming the charges off, Lowells or BC though? I have to send a cheque for £1 too?? (Apologies for all the questions, just want to be absolutely sure I do it right)

The entry hasn't been updated, according to Experian, since 2011 but Lowells maintain that it contains up to date information. If I made a payment in 2012 surely they can't claim that..?

Wish I'd discovered this forum before I succumbed to them :-(

Thanks again x

sar is £10

CCA is £1

PENALTY charges are always against the OC [barclays]

it will be 20/2/15 before it falls off

so it looks like the debt is live still

who is shown as the owner on the CRa file?

lowlife or BC?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK, that's fine I shall send the £10, giving them more money grrrr!!

Bums, shouldn't have paid them!!

It is shown as "Debt Assigned to CAIS Member" on 1/9/11 not sure if that means its owned by them or BC, common sense tells me it is still owned by BC as it has only been assigned but I am no expert. It still shows up as "Barclaycard" on the file entry.

I shall have a look at the templates and get all the requests off to them and see where I get with that. If it is "live" does this mean I still owe them money?!

if it shows as BC then lowlife dont own the debt

ignore them!

check all the payments you have made to lowlife show on your cra file

if they don't, where have they gone..i hope not to lowlifes profit pocket.

regardless of if the debt is live or not

no CCA = NO PAY!

dx

and they

lets await the SAR return first

dx

and they

in the red stickies of this BC forum...contact details

Update as at August 2012.

This is for Barclaycard only-for Barclayslink3.gif Bank,see Barclays forum.

Natalie Page

Privacy and Data Protection Manager Barclaycard Legal and Regulatory Compliance Dept LRC

email: Natalie.Page@barclaycard. co.uk

Data Controller: CLYDESDALE FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED

for;

BARCLAYCARD LOANS

BARCLAYCARD MOTOR LOANS

PERSONAL LOANS FROM BARCLAYCARD

BARCLAYS PARTNER FINANCE

1 CHURCHILL PLACE

LONDON

E14 5HP

Barclaycard is listed under the Consumer Credit Licence of Barclays Bank Plc.

Licence Number:0005116

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Barclays Bank Plc 1026167

Registered Office 54, Lombard Street, London, EC3P 3AH

This address is listed for Correspondence and principal place of business.

Although we know they have an address in Northampton.

Complaints

Customer Relations Department

PO BOX 9131

51 Saffron Way

Leicester

LE18 9DE

TEL 0844 811 9111

FAX 01604 254 152

Financial difficulties helpline 0844 811 1978

CPP Card Protection Insurance 0844 848 5265

For policies registered before Jan 2004

and they

Hi Grundles, just a thought ..........

When you paid off the a/c, was it the full balance owed or did you agree to pay £xxx as Full and Final Settlement of the debt, by an arrangement with the DCA.

If there are any penalty charges or PPI on the a/c, you should reclaim this from BC in full, plus compound interest.

:-D

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SLick,

Sorry I didn't see your questions and am waiting for SAR to land.

I don't remember if it was full and final settlement, I have the letter somewhere that I scribbled the notes on and the amounts but guess what I did it by phone as I was unwise then!

PPI and charges yes probably are but again will have to wait for the SAR to see that I imagine? Correct me if I'm wrong...

So annoyed that I just paid without investigating it, I knew I'd paid off the credit card as I got a work bonus and did it then, then I cut the card up! The girl at Lowells actually told me that they had bought the debt and that she was sorry that this was unexpected but it happened a lot, people thinking they had paid the full amount off and actually they hadn't. Is there anyway I can get a transcript of this conversation do you reckon?

Thanks x

Hi Grundles,

I suspect the call with Lowells would not be recorded and even if it was, I doubt they'd keep it or let you have it.

Wait for the SAR response and see what you can reclaim.

Also, see if the pay'ts you made to Lowells were credited to clear the a/c.

Then you can deal with the issue of whether your CRA data shows the correct situation re the a/c.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 1 month later...

What should I do if they fail to respond to the SAR within 40 days?! I know they have received my request but they haven't banked the cheque I sent them, and time is ticking by!!

two threads merged stick to one thread please

you need to give them [bC] a ring me thinks/

dx

and they

Sorry DX. *Slapped wrists* :-)

I thought this would have been long gone by now and my internet is being pants so it takes waaay too long to load each page.

Thanks, shall give them a buzz and see what they have to say for themselves.xx

Hi Grundles,

I suggest you keep everything in writing only. Calling BC is unlikely to get you results - more likely to get you totally frustrated with an overseas call centre !!

Use this template to send them a reminder for the SAR - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?593-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters

:-)

Edited by slick132

• 3 weeks later...

I tweeted them, that got a response as it got bumped to the Web Relations team! It seems they have a massive back log of SAR's and so has taken longer to process than normal.

SAR is being delivered to my local bank tomorrow, hopefully after all this messing around it will tell me what I need to know and I can finally start sorting out where my £150.00 actually ended up!!

Otherwise this whole exercise has been for nothing really!

Hi Grundles,

Hope it's there for you and let us know how it looks once you've been through the data.

:wink:

Righto,

Picked up the SAR from my local branch, slight panic at one point as Branch Manager knew nothing about it to begin with! Have had a quick skim through it and it is going to take my most of the weekend to make sense of it all I think.

Original signed agreement is there though, which from reading these forums is something of a novelty ;-) the three payments made to Lowells were not obvious though....not sure what to do about those, and how to go about claiming them back....

Anyway. any advice on what to be looking for? Where to start etc.

Any pointers appreciated, so long as it isn't give up now haha!!xx