Suspension but i'm leaving under TUPE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been suspended today (for nothing criminal) but i know how to deal with that. My question that i need help with is that i'm on leave for a week, which they'll honour. Then the following week i'm leaving the company under TUPE-what happens to the process then as ill no longer be their employee?

Any guidance gratefully received

They can carry on if the process leads to dismissal. Then they dont have to give you a reference etc. If it is a relatively minor thing they wont go through with much as it can only turn out bad for them with a possible ET claim sounless you think it could harm your prospects I wouldnt bother too much about it. They may be doing this just to get you off the premises until you go.

Beware. The new employer has to take responsibility for any outstanding disciplinary matters, and the old employer has a legal responsibility to pass details on regarding these. The new employer can therefore confirm any suspension as soon as the transfer takes place, and proceed with disciplinary action as if you were still with the previous employer. The matter that you have been suspended for may SEEM trivial, but will the new employer agree with your view? If they don't, and it could be construed as a matter of gross misconduct, or could result in dismissal under any 'totting up' of previous disciplinary action, then the new employer could dismiss.

Agree with the above though - you need to present yourself for work and ask how they wish to proceed.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!