Advice on setting up repayment plan wih Mini Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, I am new to CAG, have read lots of the existing postings and have found them very useful so have decided to take the plunge!

I like a lot of people have fallen into the vicious circle of pay day loans, after months of juggling them i now have 7 PDL's, been taking out more to pay each other off and now have a total debt of circa 4K.

In January I took the decision not to continue the juggling and don't want to get further into debt so stopped paying, cancelled my Debit card, and contacted the lenders directly to request that I set up a repayment plan directly with them (I did look at Debt management companies but decided against using them as there fees are too high and involving them will delay the repayment process and cost more!)

Anyway the majority of my lenders have been cooperative and have agreed to my pro-rata repayment plans and I habe set up Standing orders to start paying at the end of February, when I next get paid.

However Minicredit have been the most difficukt to deal with, I have been e-mailing them to request setting up a repayment plan and at first they told me that they dont do them etc.

But I have percevered by contacting them via their web site as the request and they have come back to me with the following response, which I am looking for feedback and advice on, please:

"In order to discuss a long term payment arrangement via our debt recovery partners please follow the hardship procedure.

Microcredit Ltd has activated a Hardship application on minicredit online account. Please log in to Your account follow the instructions and send the application back to us."

"In order to apply for Hardship status of your account, please follow the instructions below:

1) Please fill in your current income details.

2) Please fill in your current expenditure details.

3) Please fill in your creditor details

4) Please review the details.

5) Click Print the form

6) Sign, date and fax the form to 020 7138 2919

7) Our team will need to assess the proposal. You will be contacted by our Hardship team member within 5 working days to come to a mutually agreeable solution.

"To discuss Your monthly payments and the repayment plan balance please contact us on 08718903015 from 8AM to 8PM Monday to Friday, 9AM to 8PM on Saturday and 9AM to 5PM on Sunday. We may require documentary evidence of your financial difficulties.

Please bear in mind that the status of the account will not be changed until an assessment has been made by our Hardship team. All the charges will be added until full repayment has been received or until the Hardship team member has contacted You and set up an agreement.

Microcredit Ltd is not able to stop the automated debit attempts so if You have the possibility then cancel the card that is registered in the system.

Microcredit Ltd is able to provide our Hardship customers three possibilities.

The first option is a settlement. The settlement means that when You contact our Customer support we are able to reduce the current outstanding balance and waive some of the failed debit attempt fees. The settlement must be paid over the phone during the phone-call with a debit card.

The second option we are able to provide You is a settlement plan. We provide all our clients 120 days from the due date to make payments of any amount towards their outstanding balance. You would need to make at least one payment a month towards the balance. Before the 120th comes days You would need to make a full and final settlement offer. Microcredit Ltd will then overlook all the payments we have received and they will be taken into consideration while calculating the settlement. The reasonable settlement amount must cover the daily interest for every day our funds have been used, the loan principal and the two penalties for breaking the Loan agreement. The interest is 1% of the Loan principal per day. We are able to decrease some of the failed debit attempt fees.

Microcredit does not provide You the dates nor the amounts when You need to make the payments. The partial payments possibility is available 24/7 on mini credit online account under 'Repayment' section. The most important part is that at least once a month a payment of any amount must be made. The loan should be cleared latest by the 120th overdue day.

The settlement can be discussed at any point when You have a larger amount available to offer as a full and final settlement.

The third option is a payment plan. The payment plan means that we will add the default date interest to the loan principal, the two penalties for breaking the Loan agreement (£80.00) and the decreased debit attempt fees and forward the account to our debt recovery partner from the beginning of the next month. The default is marked on the credit reference but You will be able to make the payments on a monthly basis to clear the balance."

All advice from CAG member gratefully received!

Regards

Zohan1967

Edited by Zohan1967

Won't happen! I've been trying for a month to do this and they keep adding charges. This morning I have sent an email entitled formal complaint to see if that happens and told them I am reporting their charges and refusal to accept standing order to the oFT, as well as theirs threatening debt collector letter. Letsnsee if that helps.

I too have been trying to set up a payment plan with tgese and so far no luck. An £80 loan is now at over £800!!!! They keep slapping charge after charge on for their non existent doorstep collectors. Waiting for dca to drop a letter and shall try again with them. I wont pay more than original loan, 1 month interest and 1 default fee. Wish u luck

I too have been trying to set up a payment plan with tgese and so far no luck. An £80 loan is now at over £800!!!! They keep slapping charge after charge on for their non existent doorstep collectors. Waiting for dca to drop a letter and shall try again with them. I wont pay more than original loan, 1 month interest and 1 default fee. Wish u luck

How long since you defaulted / how long have you been trying?

I too plan only to pay original balance, 1 month interest and default fee, also have you / anyone received the same correspondence as me??

Thanks for the advice on what I should / should not disclose, I also have a I/E to complete for Uncle Buck and they have requested copies of my Bank statements and Pay-slips, but I have no intention of providing either of these. I think I read on another CAG posting that they come under the Data Protection Act?

Cheers

Zohan1967

Nope. They have absolutely zero need to see a statement or payslip.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to respond to me some good advice and comforting to know that I am not alone!

Would be interested to know if anyone has had a successful outcome with Minicredit and other PD lenders?

Zohan1967

What other lenders do u have? Ive had a few pdl in the past lol

I've set up standing orders to repay by monthly instalments with:

Txtloan, 24-7 moneybox, CFO, YES, THL, without any problems just e-mailed them told them my circumstances and made pro-raga offers based on. 9 monthly payments that I can afford. Just need to do the same with Uncle Buck and Minicredit now !

Zohan1967

Ive had no experience with uncle buck. I had one with txtloan, must admit they were helpful enough. I have currently got peachy, cash genie, pde and mini credit. Minicredit just give me a headache trying to come to an arrangement, waiting for it to go to dca now.

I have also found txtloan to be helpful so far as well, even CFO have been cooperative which was a surprise because I have read a lot o bad stuff about them also!

Just out of interest how long did you go without paying Minicredit before they started threatening doorstep collections etc?

Email them once or twice a week. Make sure you get read reciepts and you cc it to a secure address so you can prove that it was sent. It is NOT your problem to chase them up. If they wont reply, it is THEIR problem and will look very bad on them if they decide to take it further.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I can only tell you what happened to me with mini credit. They are a nightmare to deal with but I got there in the end.

They sent continual texts etc with failed debit card fees, defaults etc and a £150 loan ended up at £1204

I offered them loan + 1 months interest =£202.50 but they wouldn't accept.

Eventually after 9 months it was passed onto Mackenzie Hall for collection, not sold to them and I stuck to the same line, loan + 1 mths int and they (after several e-mails) accepted that in full and final settlement.

They know those debit card fees and default charges wouldn't stand up in court and so try to intimidate.

If I was you I'd stick to your guns and you'll get there, it's just hard work.

Received my 1st threatening text from Minicredit today:

We would like to remind you that your MiniCredit overdue loan balance is £852.00.

If we are unable to recover full amount within next 10 days we'll send Your account to THE DOORSTEP COLLECTOR and You will incur extra costs.

We may also start legal action against You. We also report the status of Your outstanding account to Credit reference agencies. All this process affects your credit score adversely and ability to receive credit in the future.

How will you incur extra costs from a doorstep collector? I never understood that one.

• Confused 1