tax credit compliance check

foolmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you have you stop obsessing, it's easier said than done, but I've already told you several times, they are all about recovery, not prosecution!

They will wait for you to send in your info before they make any decision, can I tell you something, they have forgotten about you for the moment, there will be a date set on your file for you to respond by, until that date matures, they won't give u another thought! They are dealing with thousands of claims and compliance checks and overpayments. x

scotgal 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks a bit calmer have come to conclusion i know they will make me pay from 2011 as no proof didnt think by letting him use address would cause all this just praying they dont go back thankyou for your support xx

do u think cos ive admitted to him being back made it worse....i think pressure of finances and deaths caused us to split took me untill last jan to control the fact my mum died in front of me and the year we split i found my dad dead..

no excuse but husband and i had been better so decided to give it a go. he is standing by me like i stood by him through the debt....so thankyou i know im all over the place so doctors and cab i think for my family and my sake...... foolmum with a soft heart xx i am going to pay back and be happy

stop worrying, i had to do all this and i had letters from where my ex was staying and it meant nothing as he just rented a room , he worked away and this was not enough proof, we still had a joint bank account with a huge over draft etc.

They wont send you to court all they are doing is gathering evidence and if u owe them any money just set a repayment plan up, that is what i had to do.

Believe me no point in making yourself ill, i did and ended up in hospital , and it is not worth it . if i knew back then what i know now, i would have just carried on , take care of yourself and your daughter.

You will be fine i promise ,xx

can i ask you did they mention prosecution on the first call....all house hold bills apart from sky r in my name

..morgage and secured loan in joint tied with iva...joint account frozen with iva but it doesnt prove anything..... foolmum

can any one advise me that if i write on the covering letter that i know for six months i should have told them but i just let it carryon but no way would i have lied when the renewal was due as my husband was hear ..i have read many sites and it looks like prosecution. i didnt do it on perpose it just went on as soon as the letter arrived i knew and have admitted my guiilt but i cant prove 2011 please can someone advice me what to write..... mind is going overtime a bit calmer tonight but its a waiting game....they will decide when i send docs...willl they then tell me if its the prosecution road cos i am the sort of person who wont fight cos i know its awaste of time but i know i am telling the truth....please help

STOP with the prosecution talk IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!

Covering letter...

Please find enclosed the documentation you requested.

I have tried my utmost to gather as much as I can to support my claim as a single person. I alone have financially supported myself and my child.

Due to partners financial difficulties and credit history he remained tied financially to this address and myself. During the period in question, we were not living as a couple. We did not share household bills nor did present ourselves as a couple.

I do not have documented proof he lived elsewhere, only what I have provided

List all documentation sent and the reason think it proves financial responsibility.

You can if you want say:

We reconciled sometime in BLAH BLAH, but I delayed informing Tax Credits because of my partners instability.

I will accept that I should have cancelled my single claim at that point, however up until that point, we were not a couple and I was not financially reliant on him nor was he financially dependent on me. I hope you will accept my evidence.

Yours faithfully

scotgal 

The CAB won't be able to help with a repayment plan until you receive notification from Tax Credits that you have actually been overpaid. When you get the overpayment letter, then the CAB can negotiate repayment terms with them on your behalf. Send your docs and covering letter. Please take my advice x

scotgal 

thank you i will after docs...after looking around many people in my place they all had to pay the two years they didnt beleive them.so the best i can hope for is repayment hoping they wont add the fine of three thousand to it...i have kinda worked out the amount so just a waiting game ....

I don't know why you think £3000 is applicable. That is only for knowingly providing false information. For delaying reporting a change its only max £300

"If you don't report a change on time, you could get paid too much in tax credits. If this happens, the Tax Credit Office may charge you a penalty of up to £300"

scotgal 

Hi

i have just read all the threads and what you have been told is right, your docs wont judge , they will support you an do what they can for you , mine were fantastic wrote letters on my behalf.

I did not pay any penalties and they looked into 2 years with me.

Cab are also very good, you need to calm down as you will make yourself very ill.

I do hope you get this sorted soon and feel better soon.

xx

i know but i am scared i can deal with the two years because i have no choice cant fight it .... not because im guilty because you cant fight when you have no proof .... i have worked out a payment on paper.. that is if which i hope this stays civil with no penalty..

50 pound for two yrs . when iva finished 150 for four years that is if they will allow that. praying that my marriage survives this and that i do...im so sorry for being so stupid but i thought by keeping everything at this address would allow the iva so my daughter and i keep our home....no win sit hey but hoping they wil not throw the book at me ..thanks folle.. foolmumxx

I don't know why you think £3000 is applicable. That is only for knowingly providing false information. For delaying reporting a change its only max £300

"If you don't report a change on time, you could get paid too much in tax credits. If this happens, the Tax Credit Office may charge you a penalty of up to £300"

im so sorry i thought that is what it was that makes a big difference. many thanks for that info. be able to clear quicker....

they will not throw the book at you as everyone says this is not what they want, all they want is their money paid back, you will get through this , sit tight and try not to worry,

easier said than done, i had letters from where my ex partner was staying but was not enough.

When you go to citizens advice voice your concerns and they will help you and def go to see your gp and they will be able to support you in many ways, mine did.

I was like you worried sick, did not eat sleep, did not function.

Believe me you will get through this, i [promise you will and will come out of this a much stronger person.

Please try not to worry.

xx

gosh i hope so....i need to work and support my family but it comes in waves one good thing cause of my stupidity i never claimed the single person tax only because i thought cos i worked i wasnt entitled....they never mentioned it because i owed them money when he left..

hoping i can get all the copies back in time.

ive also dug out the one joint lone i paid cos of iva i was left with it.so apart from secured loan which he paid and car inurance i paid everything..including this xxx