GE Money Loan paid but have outstanding arrears account.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you tell us if the letter re PPI was the result of an enquiry about reclaiming PPI? Has this been taken further?

I think they’re wrong in stating that you need to contact the insurer, because either GE or their broker sold it to you.

• Haha 1

Can you tell us if the letter re PPI was the result of an enquiry about reclaiming PPI? Has this been taken further?

I think they’re wrong in stating that you need to contact the insurer, because either GE or their broker sold it to you.

The letter regarding PPI was actually to try and claim on it as my father was out of work. Surprise surprise it had run out so he couldn't claim. It never went any further.

The solicitor costs might have been the beginning of court proceedings but maybe it didn't get that far? He can't remember :-/ sorry.

the sols fees cannot be charged unless they get a successful judgement.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good Morning all,

Has anyone had any thoughts about our options when it comes to paying our current arrangement, or more to the point, not paying our current arrangement?

I imagine not a lot can happen now until we get the SARs through, and then we can start calculating what we feel we are owed?

Good Morning all,

Has anyone had any thoughts about our options when it comes to paying our current arrangement, or more to the point, not paying our current arrangement?

I imagine not a lot can happen now until we get the SARs through, and then we can start calculating what we feel we are owed?

Anybody?

correct

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think the point i made earlier has been missed here (apart from DB) hence my suggestion to check the Land Registry

This is a Mortgage secured.

They dont need a CCJ.

The CO was placed at the time of the application (Standard)

The Sols fees are not reclaimable that is the process of a secured loan.

Nothing can be done Sheila until you are furnished with the DSAR.I assume the debt has now been paid and only arrears are outstanding.

Its your choice to stop payment as from now or wait until you can quantify the unfair charges and then make a claim.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yup, totally agree. There’s no legal action in place. You need the details from the SAR now to work out what is going on with this suspicious ‘extra’ account with a balance they reckon you owe.

Also worth researching a bit on PPI reclaims in the meantime. As I mentioned earlier, there could be more than £5k up for reclaiming here.

I think the point i made earlier has been missed here (apart from DB) hence my suggestion to check the Land Registry

This is a Mortgage secured.

They dont need a CCJ.

The CO was placed at the time of the application (Standard)

The Sols fees are not reclaimable that is the process of a secured loan. Even though the solicitor fees were in Feb 2005 & May 2005, not when the loan was taken out? (Sorry I don't understand why they are lawful because it's a secured loan).

Nothing can be done Sheila until you are furnished with the DSAR.I assume the debt has now been paid and only arrears are outstanding.Yes this is correct

Its your choice to stop payment as from now or wait until you can quantify the unfair charges and then make a claim.Do you think we would be penalised for not paying, or not paying as much (or at least end up in a worse situation? I am going to send a letter today to explain that we are cancelling the direct debit and that we will manage the payments.

Regards

Andy

DonkeyB - yes we will go down the route of both unlawful charges and missold PPI :)

Thanks all for your help. I had come to the conclusion that I was going to have to get a loan to pay this balance off for my father, but with a bit of luck it won't come to that :).

I was going to go down the hardship route and found this template,

I started to modify it but now wonder if it's necessary. Whilst he is in hardship is it worth it now, the interest has built up and up anyway?

I was also going to make a point that he was in hardship and that any further payments would be a token payment but suddenly felt I was getting in above my head..

Anyone got any thoughts?

Request for Consideration as a Case in Financial Difficulty (Hardship).

Dear Sir/Madam

I refer to the Lending Code guidelines to which you subscribe, issued in March 2011.

Due to being made redundant, I have been experiencing serious Financial Difficulty since 21st January 2013.

I request that you stop adding interest and default charges to the above account. The interest and charges serve only to add to the Financial Difficulties I am currently experiencing. In this connection, I draw your attention to paragraphs 224 - 227 in Section 9 of the Lending Code.

This letter serves as notice that the current Direct Debit is to be cancelled with immediate effect and continued payment will be without prejudice and by another method.

Please provide me with another payment method, a paying in book would be preferred.

Please give this matter your urgent consideration.

Yours faithfully,

" Even though the solicitor fees were in Feb 2005 & May 2005, not when the loan was taken out? (Sorry I don't understand why they are lawful because it's a secured loan)."

I wasn't aware that they were later in the process..so yes if there is no reason or incident for their involvement at this date then query the charges.

" Do you think we would be penalised for not paying, or not paying as much (or at least end up in a worse situation? I am going to send a letter today to explain that we are cancelling the direct debit and that we will manage the payments."

Difficult to advise there is no way I can predict what action they may seek...they all ready have their charge....depends on how and when they can execute.I agree that the DD must be stopped and you control payment manually.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks andy

Difficult to advise there is no way I can predict what action they may seek...they all ready have their charge....depends on how and when they can execute.

OK I shall continue to pay the loan at the current arrangement (£200 a month). The current arrangement runs out at the end February, it was set up on the phone and they only agreed for 3 months.

They might start action then? We'll wait and see.

When you say execute, does that mean they take him to court to claim repossession their outstanding balance through the sale of the property?

There is no CCJ connected to the Charging order...the CO acts only as security (the Property) against the loan...perhaps execute was the wrong word..options open could be Bailiff/ Bankruptcy ....forced sale would be the very last resort IMHO.

Regards

Andy

Hypothetical scenarios Sheila ...they may not do anything thats why you need to wait for the DSAR and raise a dispute and challenge them.

Ok sorry to be hypothetical - I imagine conjuring up the worst case scenario is why most people just pay up.

We will carry on paying at the current rate and wait for the DSAR to come back. Thanks Andy,

S.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41388[/ATTACH]

The DSAR has come back from GE Money. Much sooner than I imagined!

It's like a phonebook but I've had a flick through and mangaged to find a mention of court.

I've scanned the letters in and uploaded.

I'm waiting for GE Money to get back with a settlement figure for the outstanding balance. I am likely to go down the route of obtaining a loan to pay the outstanding balance, so at least we can get the deeds back and the charge removed.

Then we will make our claim for PPI and unlawful charges.

Thanks,

S.

Sounds like a good plan Sheila.

Regards

Andy

so they went for a suspended pos order and got it at £175 PCM for 15 months

still dont explain why he is STILL paying £200PCM to this day!!

dx

and they

Post unapproved, advice as above.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert