Breach of contract, failure to safe guard a minor and ongoing ignorance of the same

lisatalbot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like some advice regarding a recent purchase from currys of a blackberry play book. I bought the item on 22/09/2012 and noticed on returning home with the play book that there was a contact loaded onto the videochat and a picture of a male approx 50 yrs old stored in the pictures files. I assumed these were example/templates and didn't take much notice of them.

The play book was bought by my 12 year old daughter with her bday money she had got the previous day and she continued to set the play book up and load her own info on and as per the requirements of the videochat including her email address along with my mobile number (an agreement we had so I can monitor her calls for her own safety)

The following day I noticed that the contact we assumed was an example had tried to call her several times including at 4:12am, I called back and asked why he was calling her and he stated he was trying to call 'Colin' yet continued to call after I advised him the details belonged to a 12 yr old girl!

At this point I contacted currys via email to ask if the play book was preowned which could explain the contact being already installed, I received an email back stating this was not possible, a week later I emailed again asking further questions to get more or less the same reply.

I decided then to take matters into my own hands and found another email on the play book and contacted them to ask for help. He emailed me back stating that he had purchased a play book from currys and returned it faulty a few weeks previous and it would be a friend of his that had been calling!

I then rang currys and explained I had been sold a used, and returned as faulty play book for full brand new price and had also subsequently told twice this was not possible, I have called twice since and never got 1 call back.

I would like to take this further now and ask why currys have sold me a used faulty product, lied to me, ignored my requests for help, and potentially endangered a 12 year old in the process - they have failed to meet the requirements of safe guarding a minor and been careless and irresponsible. I last rang a few days ago to complain I was awaiting a manager to call me who was apparently disgusted (but seemed to forget fairly quickly!) and they again said it was shocking and that an area manager and head office were being alerted, I am now yet to hear from either!

I am furious!

I intend to take this matter to the press if currys do not settle this matter to my satisfaction, am already in contact with a solicitor regarding breach of contract and have sent the same details to watchdog - all things i had no intention of doing if i had not been continually ignored by currys and left to find out all of the above info myself - shame on currys for lying, selling second hand faulty products and shrugging off their obligation to help safeguard minors!!!!:mad2: :mad2:

Take it to the very top a Formal Complaint to the CEO is needed, with the promise of reports to the press and Trading standards.

There is imo not earthly point in dealing with Cyrrys customer (dis) service they have little or no knowledge and less care for the customers.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I speak purely from personal and familily experience over many years and have ceased to patronise organisations that fail to provide decent service and after sales service, my experince spans som 50 years so is not limited.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I appreciate any thoughts and advice but regarding your post ccmrob12 I totally disagree, I have if you read my full complaint alerted customer services via email twice and was misled on both occasions, spent time tracing the original owner of the faulty playbook, had my daughter subjected to calls from adult males and been ignored by a store manager and head office - all I set out to do was buy a new playbook so no a simple replacement (fuel and time to travel back to said store at my cost as well no doubt) is not acceptable!!!

This has been posted regarding my experience and bee for help on currys shocking treatment of me - I would prefer to stick to that rather than it become an argument about why they are good/bad in general if that's ok, my opinion is of the situation not of currys on the whole, and the situation is disgusting as has my treatment been to date!

This has been posted regarding my experience and bee for help on currys shocking treatment of me - I would prefer to stick to that rather than it become an argument about why they are good/bad in general if that's ok, my opinion is of the situation not of currys on the whole, and the situation is disgusting as has my treatment been to date!

It remains exactly as you wish, your experience is horrifying, who know what could have happened had the ''contact'' on the playbook had been ''unsavory''.

Hi

OK lets see:

1. Your daughter purchased said item from Currys at the Full RRP as a new item.

2. You discover after your own investigation not Currys that the item is a USED item and faulty from previous owner.

3. You contacted Currys Customer Service on two seperate occasions to resolve this matter to be Fobbed Off.

Sale of Goods Act is your friend.

Irrespective your daughter was Sold a Secondhand Faulty item by Currys under the guise of the item being Brand New with the previous owner data still stored on that item at the Full RRP.

Now something else to consider also is Currys breach of the Data Protection Act also in miss-selling secondhand goods as new with the previous owners information stored on that equpiment - (Your evidence you were able to used details stored on item to contact as you are now aware the previous owner of that item who informed you the item was returned to that store as faulty).

I wonder what your Local Trading Standards would think of this

I would also report this to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO): www.ico.gov.uk/

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

or we could stop trying to hang every horse in the town for the droppings on the steps and see what currys says

lets face it how easy if you get 50 of the same things delivered would it be to mix up the refurb, im sure paul can sort something satisfactory

and as for poor customer service alot of people had that especially from around 3 years back when the call center was a capita one before it came back in-house

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/refurbished-laptops/315_3227_30329_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

they do, they should have a generic sticker on the unit says something like "this is a refurbished product and may contain used parts"

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/refurbished-laptops/315_3227_30329_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

they do, they should have a generic sticker on the unit says something like "this is a refurbished product and may contain used parts"

If so why do Currys deny as in Lisa case that this can happen?

Lisa as previuosly advised take this to a formal complaint to Currys head office, what ever you send make sure it is by recorded delivery if you need help with a letter let me know.

I have spoken to a solicitor today, sent the details to watchdog and intend to forward the info to the information commissioners office as per another members advice - it is now the principal of the stress and the fact that I am being ignored and still no further

Just a shame that the rep from currys hasn't had anything to say on here!

Indeed so CAG has noted this!!

Just a shame that the rep from currys hasn't had anything to say on here!

Indeed so CAG has noted this!!!

ok im going to say thats a little unfair

if hes working office hours then its unlikely that hes seen the post as he would only have from 4.40 today till what 5ish to see your post.

brig didnt send a message until well after office hours

if hes like the other reps then hes working on several sites at once...

is it really expected for reps to get messages just like that?

Please note:

Hi

I would have to agree with labrat that the Rep should at least be given the chance to respond as that Rep may not even have seen CAGs alert to this thread yet.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

I would have to agree with labrat that the Rep should at least be given the chance to respond as that Rep may not even have seen CAGs alert to this thread yet.

Indeed he hasn't.

He was off-line when I sent it.

still no response from currys -seems to be the norm now, the branch manager still hasnt returned my call, neither has a rep from head office as per my last discussion with amy at ashton under lyne store!! im a bit dumb founded at the total lack of care and unsure which way to turn

This does steadily get worse, no response no service.

I think it's time for a formal complaint at director level, highlighting this applalling service.

have to admit ive not seen paul on here in a while

Please note: