Parking Eye fine - Caversham, Reading :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as an update, we've had 2 invoices so far, the last coming through 10 days ago. The deadline for the 'reduced' amount was 7 days ago - so no communication since then! Fingers crossed we'll hear no more...

Parking Eye seem to be caving in when POPLA is threatened, so it may be worth writing one time to them if your girlfriend would rather this ends sooner rather than later. They know that otherwise it will cost them an extra £27 and you will ignore them anyway.

Dear xxx,

Re: your invoice ref: xxxx

Following advice on the Consumer Action Group parking forum, I wish to appeal on all possible grounds, including but not limited to the following:

1) The vehicle was not improperly parked

2) The parking charge (ticket) exceeded the appropriate amount

3) I am not liable for the parking charge

I will not be providing any other details or entering into any other correspondence with you.

I require you to either cancel your invoice, or refuse my appeal within 35 days of the date on this letter. If you refuse my appeal, I require you to provide me with the POPLA appeal code.

If you do not resolve this with 35 days as per the BPA code of practice section 22.8, then I will deem you to have upheld the appeal.

Yours,

xxx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just an update, we received the 'your fine has been upgraded to £100 now' notice through the post today. Girlfriend's a bit upset/rattled but I'm not going to budge. As before, our tactics will remain to ignore. This is the best course of action at this stage, correct?

P.S. Thank you to hoohoo for the message above - I've only just checked back here today so only saw this now, alas it's too late to appeal via POPLA now but I suspect I would've carried on ignoring anyway.

• 1 month later...

So I took your advice and have been ignoring the letters sent about my fine for supposedly staying at the services too long. I've been brave as I normally crumble at the first letter and settle the reduced amount, but i left it, then came the letter asking for the full amount and now I have received another saying i should pay the full amount plus admin charge of £30 or legal action will be taken. This terrifies me as I have never been in trouble with the police before-ever!!

What should I do? Has anyone else got to this point and still ignored them with no consequences?

Help?

. This terrifies me as I have never been in trouble with the police before-ever!!

What should I do? Has anyone else got to this point and still ignored them with no consequences?

Help?

and you still aren't in trouble with the police now!!

This is following the normal course of letters and you are not getting anything else that lots of people on here haven't seen before. Next letter may even be from a "solicitor" but it makes no difference. Just hold fast and you're getting near the end.

This terrifies me as I have never been in trouble with the police before-ever!!

You're still not in trouble with the police, this is a civil matter and they have no involvement whatsoever

Help?

Just carry on ignoring

So I took your advice and have been ignoring the letters sent about my fine for supposedly staying at the services too long. I've been brave as I normally crumble at the first letter and settle the reduced amount, but i left it, then came the letter asking for the full amount and now I have received another saying i should pay the full amount plus admin charge of £30 or legal action will be taken. This terrifies me as I have never been in trouble with the police before-ever!!

Help?

parking spy are getting more desperate for your money they will move on to the next victim soon

Ignore them!

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

This is not a police matter -

It should be -

- demanding money with menaces

- deception to swindle money by emulating Official Processes

- deliberately and knowingly mis-representing the Law for commercial gain

There must be more.

Josszuk, add my name to the "ignore" list.

You are still not in trouble with the police, this has nothing to do with criminal law but they dress it up to scare people like you and it has nearly worked. think of it like this- have you ever had to take something back to a shop because it was faulty? did you report it to the police and then get them to arrest the shopkeeper? No, because it is not a police matter and nor is this.

IT IS NOT A FINE, it wasnt meted out by a court.

Help?

This is nothing new in your situation and this latest addition to the charge is simply an attempt to get you to give in. Look at it another way if you have no intention of paying then the numbers become completely irrelevant.

It is important to remember that thes companies and the BPA are coming under increasing pressure from various sources regarding their charges and practices.

Parking Eye have not had good results in recent court action, so when in doubt always refer to Parking Eye V Somerfiled.

To conclude, there are people Queuing from Wick to Portsmouth who have gone out their way to try and get these companies to raise a court action without success.

As you stared by Ignoring, contine to Ignore and STOP Panicking.

parking eye is nothing more than a private limited company as is their mouthpiece organisation the british parking association. this is not a police matter and can never become one.

the letter they have sent is an atempt to frighten you, to take the bait only encourages their existence.

many people not only on this site but from other organisations have tried to get parking eye and other companies into a civil court without success as there are many questions that need to be addressed.

sit tight and continue to ignore, they will trow the dummy out of the cot and go away.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, a bit of an update - as you can see I am the OP for this thread and first posted about this early November (!) and the last time at the end of December.

2 weeks ago we received a "parking charge details" letter from 'Debt Recovery Plus Ltd' which said, and I quote :

Our client has written to you previously explaining that your vehicle was parked in breach of the agreed terms and conditions regarding parking on the private land stated above. As payment has not been received, our client has instructed us to recover the above monies from you.

As I say, that was 2 weeks ago, which we ignored.

Well today a new letter has dropped through the post...

...and here I've uploaded a pic of today's letter for you all to see: http://i47.tinypic.com/24b11g1.jpg

Has anyone seen this before? Should we be worried? What is the next step (assuming we ignore)?

My g/f is pretty angry at me right now at not letting her pay the £60 back in November, and says she doesn't want her day in court. :(

they rely on people like your girlfriend who panic and pay up,take my word for it i have had at least 7 tickets from these cowboys over the last 2 years, ignored the lot parking in private land car parks is a different ball game there damands have no validity in law and they know it and they know i know it too,so teel her there is nothing to be concerned about not paying

It's just another letter in the chain made to look official and scary, at the end of the day the charge is still unenforceable, ignore it or send them the prove you have authority and bog off letter (hover cursor over the word ignore)

I have ignored PE and they just go away in the end, no debt to account for as the charge is not enforceable, if they did decide to try their hand in court it is easily shut down with a standard defence which you submit and they don't bother turning up or withdraw before the date.

Edited by Homer67
additional

Debt Recovery plus cannot take you to court, Parking eye would struggle to take you to court unless contract with the landowner allows, which it won't. If it did go to court the landowner can only claim for actual loss not sum amount made up by the PPC. I would continue to ignore the PPC and write to landowner with a complaint and detailed breakdown of what loss was incurred when you parked.

• 1 month later...

Ignore,however if they really could take you to court and get £150 off you a)Why have they not done so and b)Why suddenly reduce it.This website and the people on here are great.Cheers Lutin:wink: