• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Claiming From 1991 To 2000 The Fight Begins

livelylad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi can anybody help me regarding moneyclaim I've filled all in and paid (online) now it says claim issued 22/12/2006 and where it says judgement it says start................ do i press this or allow 14 days first I'm confused??????:? :-?

Ok from the date of issue its five days for the claim to be deened served.They have to acknowledge the claim in 14 days if they dont you can file for judgement, if they do acknowledge they the get a further 14 days to enter a defence. Total 28 days from the date the claim was deemed served. you can not apply for judgement until those dates have passed, the button will do nothing until they have expired.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im just filling in my questionnaire for court, claiming over 6 years. Do you think the below is fine and have I missed anything out???

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation.

The Defendant has entered a defence on 21 December 2006 which I received on 27 December 2006. The Defendant asserted its rights under Section 5 of the Limitation Act (1980) but offered to refund charges levied on the Account between November 2000 and November 2000. I decided not to accept this offer for three reasons:

· The Defendant had not complied with my S.A.R dated 11 August 2006- (Subject Access Request) and I had no means of validating the charges applied to the account. I had to report the Halifax to the The Information Commissioner's Office on 30 September 2006. Within a week I received all the requested information.

· The letter is internally inconsistent in asserting the Defendant’s rights under the Limitation Act whilst offering to refund charges levied more than six years ago.

· I do not consider that Section 5 of the Limitation Act places a restriction on this claim.

If the charges are time barred by virtue of Section 5 of the Limitation Act (1980) then I contend that he Defendant has concealed, and continues to conceal that the charges debited are unlawful. If this is not the case, and the Defendant truly believes that these charges are lawful, then I contend that the Defendant is mistaken. As I only became aware during July 2006 that the charges debited were unlawful, then section 32(1)(b), or section 32(1)©, of the Limitation Act 1980 should apply, and the charges debited are therefore within the primary limitation period.

HALIFAX: PRE 6 year claim 1991-2006 WON 21/3/07 £2616

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £800.22

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £325.75

AQUA - MCOL 2/3/07 £172.79

ABBEY - MCOL 2/3/07 £261.37

HALIFAX VISA - WON default removal 19/3/07

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

GMAC -MCOL 7/2/07 £189.85

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

Do You Think If I Put This In Stands In Good Stead?

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

I would start a thread and then pm members a link to it who have similar claims ongoing, that way we can all help each other and threads don't start to get confused.

And yes i think you've a good chance but bear in mind this is all experimental.

• Haha 1

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

my link to my thread is

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/44416-wilkins-halifax.html

I would appreciate all the help in the world with this one!

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

when i first posted on this site in june, i expressed regret that i wuold not be able to claim against nat west, as between 1986-1993 they made my life a misery. so, to say i am watching you with interest is something of an understatement.

best of luck

regards kevluff

Sori 4 butting in here in this thread, but I so concur - ditto, NatWest made my life hell from 1990 onwards. If u pursue them, would you pls keep me posted as I am surfing threads currently to start my claim. Good luck with yours!

Can any1 suggest from where to request statements goin' back older than 6 yrs. I know the bank address but dont know whether older statements should be addressed to the branch and those within 6 yr timescale to Bishopsgate address.

You should be able to get this by sending a full SAR to the head office.

Tanz

Can any1 suggest from where to request statements goin' back older than 6 yrs. I know the bank address but dont know whether older statements should be addressed to the branch and those within 6 yr timescale to Bishopsgate address.

im claiming back to 1990 and i obtained all statements through the post from them. I think I had the full rainforest through my letterbox in 2 days but got them all.

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

After reading this and the other related threads I am going to not only claim the charges going back to 1992 on my husbands account but claim contractual interest. I will need to send a new LBA with a spreadsheet of the interst calc. I have checked on the link on page 8 of this thread 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets but can only find the 8%. I know Im not the brightest spark so can someone help me find the right spreadsheet?

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

After reading this and the other related threads I am going to not only claim the charges going back to 1992 on my husbands account but claim contractual interest. I will need to send a new LBA with a spreadsheet of the interst calc. I have checked on the link on page 8 of this thread 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets but can only find the 8%. I know Im not the brightest spark so can someone help me find the right spreadsheet?

Use the spreadsheet in vamps chamber. It is marked up for contractual interest compounded.

VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER OF "CONSUMER ACTI...

Thanks for the PM, livelylad has posted it above, but in case you missed it i have PM'd the link to you for your info, in response to your PM.

Tanz

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

any news on this?

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

• 3 weeks later...

now subscribing

just started my claim off http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/57977-newbody-abbey.html#post485027

so just getting data at minute but i will be looking at going back past the 6 yr mark as well with my claim

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

• 4 weeks later...

Any news livelylad ???

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

• 2 weeks later...

Most important one.....Read!! Get as much knowledge on board from fellow claimers as you can. This thread is a good place to start ;)

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

100%WHu

Try this as some reading.

You should also do a web search on Statute of Limitaions Act, and refer to it (particularly sec32)when breading.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/3598-do-you-have-charges.html

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...