We'd like to see your letters and tickets please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We'd like to have a look at the stuff which the car park operators send out.

It would be very helpful if people would be kind enough to post legible scans of tickets or letters from any of the parking companies.

Most of them use the kind of getup - which we have always known but which has now been confirmed by the court in the Parking Eye case - which looks "police-like" or official in some way.

Let's see what they are all sending out.

Please plank out any personal details.

Do leave the name of the car park in.

instruction for uploading

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

or

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates. {DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN]

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
added upload info -dx

Bankfodder,

Was pointed in the general direction of this post by other users. Please find attached a letter and leaflet sent out to me by ParkingEye. I received them yesterday.

GMo

Thanks for this.

Very interesting to see that broadly speaking, Parking Eye's correspondence seems to be much more honest. There is far less likelihood of being confused or misled into thinking that you were receiving a demand from the police.

Also, I see that the charge they are attempting to apply is greater for the discounted rate - which might be an enforceable contractual fee - but less for the enhanced rate which might be an unenforceable penalty.

Of course the rate is still disproportionate for a simple overstay but it is interesting to see that they seem to have decided to alter their methods.

I suppose that this is reaction to the High Court Somerfields judgment.

It is still a great shame that High Street brands are prepared to allow these methods to be used against their customers.

There is still the outstanding question of whether Parking Eye is authorised to bring a court claim for the recovery of the money.

I think that if anyone wanted to challenge a county court claim for the payment of this money, brought by Parking Eye or any other company, this is an issue which should be raised in court and that the defendant should require disclosure of the management contract - or the relevant part of it.

I never understand why retail parks, such as the one in GeMoae's scan, limit the time to 2 hours, or limit it at all!

Surley the buisnesses on those parks need people to spend their time there, visiting all the shops, maybe eating at one of the resteraunts. It has to be bad for buisness!

hello all:-)

intended to generate income!!

The amazing thing is that - so far as I know - all of the revenue goes to the car park operator. The car park owner gets nothing

My local Aldi where daughter caught has a limit of 1 hour!!

Some retail parks which have cinemas, restaurants, bowling alleys and a host of shops have just three or even two-hour parking limits. How stupid is that?

And to alienate customers.

This is why the car park owners have to be made aware of what they are doing to their own customers. Frankly I don't think that they understand what is really going on

Agree - about to let fly at Aldi both in branch and further up the food chain. Any other ideas about who to inform.

Parking eye use Automatic Number plate recognition - with a picture of car entering at a time and a picture of the car leaving at a time.

Call me stupid - does that not just prove you entered and left at those times, not what you were doing between - could have left and entered lots of times as car park full. To my mind does not prove I parked over the limit. Need to check wording but could this be a defence.

Intend

Parking eye use Automatic Number plate recognition - with a picture of car entering at a time and a picture of the car leaving at a time.

Call me stupid - does that not just prove you entered and left at those times, not what you were doing between - could have left and entered lots of times as car park full. To my mind does not prove I parked over the limit. Need to check wording but could this be a defence.

It's common flaw in PE's system ( or, of course, it might be by design), if you pay multiple visits their system will pick up the first time of arrival and the last time of departure. Has happened to me on two or three occasions

It's common flaw in PE's system ( or, of course, it might be by design), if you pay multiple visits their system will pick up the first time of arrival and the last time of departure. Has happened to me on two or three occasions

And did you pay or appeal??