Private Parking at A Housing Association

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live on an over 55's Shared Ownership (70%) complex which has a private car park.It is situated across from a football ground and on match days we have problems with cars blocking the car park and entrance. There used to be signs to say it was private but these were wood and have rotted away. We asked if they could be replaced and this was agreed but we have now been informed that an ANPR scheme is to be implemented which will require all authorised cars to have a permit.This is going to be a real pain for the residents, many in their eighties who rely on carers, district nurses, pharmacies etc to be able to access the car park and where the drivers are not always the same cars. The road outside the complex is double yellow lined on both sides as it is a major transport route so parking outside the complex is not an option. Elderly people need as much outside contact as possible but this is going to put friends off dropping in for a cup of tea. We have had no chance to discuss this or to agree or disagree to this happening. Is there anything we can do to stop this?

this sounds like they may issue private parking fines as using ANPR cameras

the general rule with all private parking tickets is to ignore and not pay, they are speculative invoices that need no payment

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hi

I would suggest writing to the Housing Association Chief Executive to request further clarification on the use of ANPR Scheme to be introduced at your location and when the housing association will be holding a consultaion with residents on this matter. (Always get proof of posting)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you for your replies. I cannot see how any sort of controlled entry where a visitor needs prior information to avoid being fined will work. I can envisage even the dustbin men being flashed and fined. I will write to the Housing Association Chief Executive though as our Home Ownership Officer is useless. Whilst I understand that these tickets can be ignored I don't think people will visit on this basis and it is impossible to issue permits to every doctor, district nurse etc. The residents here are on the whole vulnerable and lack of access for any reason be it social or care will detract from their lives just when they need it most. It is a small complex, only 22 flats, with no access either by car or on foot other than through the ca rpark.

Edited by BFOS