Vodafone - faulty handset

asnic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I renewed my contract with Vodafone and up-garded to a samsung s3. I received the phone on the 14th August and within a week or so the phone would only charge to 40% and then it wouldn't charge at all. The problem is with the usb connector inside the phone not the actual charger.

I called VF on the 6th September and was told I would receive a new handset (no mention of a nearly new handset). After countless phone calls/emails, the phone was delivered Monday, 3 1/2 weeks after my first phone call.

The seal on the box was broken so I phoned Vodafone to query this, they told me it was a 'nearly new' handset and I was not entitled to a brand new handset because I reported the fault after 16 days of delievery of the handset.

I am so annoyed because I thought you had 28 days to return a faulty product. I called Vodafone today and was told no I will not get a brand new phone and should be happy with the nearly new one. I am not happy with a nearly new phone as I was only 3 weeks into a 2 year contract.

Please could someone advise what my statutory rights are regarding a new handset.

you are entitled to a new phone

we have voda onboard here:

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi asnic,

Apologies for the slight delay with getting to your thread.

Having checked our emails I can see that you followed dx's advice and I believe one my colleagues was able to resolve things for you in my absence.

To conclude matters I'll get back to you in reply to your most recent email later today.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 3 weeks later...

Just been told the same thing by the techie who's been trying to rescue my brand new iPhone 5 32GB for with new sims and resets for two days. It can only be replaced by a reconditioned phone, but never mind - it will be nearly new!

Phone delivered Friday October 5th. Ordered as upgrade over the phone. At no point did any sales team mention a limit on fault reporting or that if a fault develops your shiny new phone is replaced with someone else's reject, albeit a fixed reject. I can't get away with such poor customer service in my business, so why should Vodafone?

Hi I took the advice above and emailed webrelations. I was phoned back the next day and told I was entitled to a new phone which was delivered a few days later. If you would like a copy of the letter I sent (all 4 pages lol) let me know and I will send you a copy.

Thanks..am a bit exhausted with Vodafone after this afternoon and Apple have made an appointment for me at a nearby store (they say its clearly faulty) but have noted the email address. Am going to take a view on the other work iPhones on back order and our contract, too, if there's no room for more than straight-out-of-the-box faults.

Thought I'd give it another try - this time told I can get a replacement, but as it's over 7 days - 7! - I get a 'quality assured handset' - refurbished - for my 20 day-old iPhone 5. Have emailed as advised...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Bee1475,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

I believe that you emailed us while I was away and so will check to see who picked matters up to ensure that a solution was reached.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

I am in the same boat here I had the iPhone 5 on release day, thanks vodafone. After a few days the silent button became faulty and would flick between on and off all the time.

That was replaced with a new unit very quick now this replacement after about 3 weeks at the weekend I came to use the camera for the first time and noticed a spec on the screen I had a look and wiped the lens on the back and can't see any marks/scratches. So I guess there must be a spec of dust on the inside. I called and was told by the first agent that I would have to wait 2-4 weeks which I am fine with, but put me through to another department. Upon speaking to the lady se informed me that I would get it in a few days. To which I asked was it new and I was told due to it being over 7 days I was only entitled to a quality assured phone. And she couldn't tell me what guarantee it came with. Not happy as you can imagine. A £600 phone less than a month old and I can only be offered a refurb.

I have sent an email yesterday to you but had no follow up yet. And I have now forwarded it you to you again with the subject heading you have stated above.

Edited by Slacky555

Lee, thanks for getting back to me.

It's a bit of a tale. Apple support made me an appointment with an Apple store. In the meantime, I called Vodafone again as didn't think Apple would honour an exchange as Vodafone were the seller. This time a customer service guy said he would sort it out - bear in mind, here, that it was a Vodafone tech guy who helped me initially who warned me I'd be offered a quality assured handset as this is what, he said, customer service are trained to offer. In my various conversations I'd been told twice the rules were report fault before 16 days, once report fault before 7 days, and each time that all that could be offered was a refurbished handset. So this last customer service guy says he'll sort it, he'll send out a replacement phone, and yes it will be new - after all, how many refurbished iphone 5s are around anyway, he said.

But I'm not convinced - why should his story be different? - so call in to my local Vodafone shop. They're great, and say take the Apple appointment. Apple are fantastic, and ten minutes later I leave with a new phone. My joy is boundless.

But this is where it gets unexpectedly complicated. I call Vodafone to explain and cancel the delivery. Vodafone deliver an Iphone 5 anyway, but it turns out to be a backorder handset (as yet unactivated) on our group contract. Meanwhile, my NEW handset seems to be going insane. Great sound, unlike other, but hair-trigger screen/keypad - every call either cut off by facetime (before I switched it off) or number dialling. Called Apple support, they said it's a fault, get an Apple appointment. Called store, they said call right in tomorrow. Then I get a text from Vodafone saying a handset will be delivered the following day anyway. So, I think, I'll just go with the exchange after all. The address DPD is given is missing several lines including our entire company location, but I persuade the driver to come back, and he takes away phone number two - pointing out that given the number of phones he collects, he's waiting till after Christmas for his upgrade.

So now I have iPhone 5 32GB number three. And guess what. This one is beginning to sound a little like it's developing sound issues like phone number one. So in case it deteriorates further, as the other one did, I have already reported it.

My trust iPhone 4 was fine over two years, just in case you think I'm jinxing these phones :)

I am in the same boat here I had the iPhone 5 on release day, thanks vodafone. After a few days the silent button became faulty and would flick between on and off all the time.

That was replaced with a new unit very quick now this replacement after about 3 weeks at the weekend I came to use the camera for the first time and noticed a spec on the screen I had a look and wiped the lens on the back and can't see any marks/scratches. So I guess there must be a spec of dust on the inside. I called and was told by the first agent that I would have to wait 2-4 weeks which I am fine with, but put me through to another department. Upon speaking to the lady se informed me that I would get it in a few days. To which I asked was it new and I was told due to it being over 7 days I was only entitled to a quality assured phone. And she couldn't tell me what guarantee it came with. Not happy as you can imagine. A £600 phone less than a month old and I can only be offered a refurb.

I have sent an email yesterday to you but had no follow up yet. And I have now forwarded it you to you again with the subject heading you have stated above.

Hi Slacky555,

I can confirm that I've received your email and will get back to you as soon as I can.

In regard to quality assured or nearly new phones I can clarify that these are phones which have been returned to us within the seven working day cooling off period. As such, they will be in excellent condition but of course we're unable to resell them as brand new units.

Lee, thanks for getting back to me.

It's a bit of a tale. Apple support made me an appointment with an Apple store. In the meantime, I called Vodafone again as didn't think Apple would honour an exchange as Vodafone were the seller. This time a customer service guy said he would sort it out - bear in mind, here, that it was a Vodafone tech guy who helped me initially who warned me I'd be offered a quality assured handset as this is what, he said, customer service are trained to offer. In my various conversations I'd been told twice the rules were report fault before 16 days, once report fault before 7 days, and each time that all that could be offered was a refurbished handset. So this last customer service guy says he'll sort it, he'll send out a replacement phone, and yes it will be new - after all, how many refurbished iphone 5s are around anyway, he said.

But I'm not convinced - why should his story be different? - so call in to my local Vodafone shop. They're great, and say take the Apple appointment. Apple are fantastic, and ten minutes later I leave with a new phone. My joy is boundless.

But this is where it gets unexpectedly complicated. I call Vodafone to explain and cancel the delivery. Vodafone deliver an Iphone 5 anyway, but it turns out to be a backorder handset (as yet unactivated) on our group contract. Meanwhile, my NEW handset seems to be going insane. Great sound, unlike other, but hair-trigger screen/keypad - every call either cut off by facetime (before I switched it off) or number dialling. Called Apple support, they said it's a fault, get an Apple appointment. Called store, they said call right in tomorrow. Then I get a text from Vodafone saying a handset will be delivered the following day anyway. So, I think, I'll just go with the exchange after all. The address DPD is given is missing several lines including our entire company location, but I persuade the driver to come back, and he takes away phone number two - pointing out that given the number of phones he collects, he's waiting till after Christmas for his upgrade.

So now I have iPhone 5 32GB number three. And guess what. This one is beginning to sound a little like it's developing sound issues like phone number one. So in case it deteriorates further, as the other one did, I have already reported it.

My trust iPhone 4 was fine over two years, just in case you think I'm jinxing these phones :)

Hi Bee1475,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I can see that quite a bit has gone on while I was away.

To make sure that things get sorted I'll get in touch with you later in the week.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Slacky555,

I can confirm that I've received your email and will get back to you as soon as I can.

In regard to quality assured or nearly new phones I can clarify that these are phones which have been returned to us within the seven working day cooling off period. As such, they will be in excellent condition but of course we're unable to resell them as brand new units.

Hi Bee1475,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I can see that quite a bit has gone on while I was away.

To make sure that things get sorted I'll get in touch with you later in the week.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks for the confirmation that you have received my email

I will await your contact with me. And report back in this thread the details.

Hi Slacky555,

Thanks for your time on the phone last week.

In the event that you require any further assistance from me in the future you know where I am.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Lee has now sorted this issue for me.

A phone a been returned to you today via DPD can you confirm this has been received and again no charge/ the account is all ok with no extra charges.