Three mobile/courier new phone delivery - i didn't sign for it, who did? 3 want all the money!!

Katloui
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME:help::help::help::help:

I have been a customer of Three mobile network for many years,

I recently upgraded my contract early agreeing to pay a sum for early upgrade and a handset charge for a new iphone 4.

I was sent a text to say the phone was coming between a certain time the next day.

I was at work but expected a card to be put through the door if I was not in.

On returning home the phone was not there and also no card!

I rang Three straight away.

This has been going on 3 weeks now,

the courier DPD say that someone signed for the phone at my address but the signature is no one that I know.

I hang spent so long on the phone to three and also the courier company trying to sort out what had happened,

i also went to the police.

Eventually after DPD,s customer service got the driver on the phone he admitted to them that he had not delivered the phone to anyone behind my front door

but to someone coming out of my front gate!!!

IF this is true and the driver has not stolen it himself, surely the courier company have not done their job properly.

After many heated arguments with three they refuse to investigate further as, as far as their concerned the phone was signed for at my address even though it wasn't IN my address!!!

I have been told by Three that I am responsible and I now have a huge bill for the handset the early upgrade AND a contract for another two years with them but no phone!!!

Pleeeeeease somebody help me they just don't want to know.

Surely it is a dispute between DPD and Three and not myself.

I have tried everything just don't know what to do now???????????????????????????????

Hi

Typical customer service of THREE deny deny deny its your fault not ours tuff your stuck with contract!!! Me thinks not!!!

You entered this contract with Three Mobile, They in turn contracted the services of DPD to deliver the contracted mobile phone to you for YOUR SIGNATURE on delivery by DPD.

DPD Delivery Driver then admitted to handing said contracted phone to a complete stranger coming out out your properties gate and getting them to take and sign for the contracted mobile phone without confirming their identification.

Therefore as Three Mobile contracted DPD to deliver said item and DPD have admitted they handed said mobile to a stranger therefore said mobile has failed to be delivered by Three Mobile as they contrated DPD to carry out this service which they have failed in.

Formal Complaint to Three Mobile remember they contracted DPD not you so they should be investigating DPD Failure to correctly deliver said mobile.

1. Make sure that Three Mobile have PUT a BLOCK on this phone so no extra charges are incurred.

2 What investigation has Three Mobile done with DPD regarding said mobile and have you requested copies.

3. You need to escalate this matter with Three Mobile.

4. I would also write and ask Three Mobile to confirm in writting the correct procedure that DPD should have carried out when delivering this mobile phone and your also require a copy of DPD procedure for this.

5. I would also be questioning the security procedures for their Delivery Companies Delivery Drivers handing these Mobile Phones to complete strangers and what investigation is being taken by both THREE and DPD.

Or you could email the CEO

CEO Three [email protected]

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you v much for your reply. Three say they have done all the investigations that they need to but DPD say that they have not logged an investigation with them, and the driver may have admitted to the customer services representative on the phone but has he admitted to that to Three.

I am totally stuck in the middle.

Also do I just cancel my contract as I am still able to make and receive calls. Just want to leave them now and my new contract was for a new phone not the existing one. I have a huge bill for early release of contract and the handset that I have not got.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness...I'm not the only person frustrated by the service from 3 Mobile and DPD!My issue has been ongoing since 8th August,ordered an IPhone 4S over the phone,received no confirmation from 3 Mobile and when I rang to check if my phone was coming they said it had been delivered and signed for by myself!!I have sent many emails,have wasted my time many times with phone calls and got nowhere. 3 investigated and said I was lying and the drive was telling the truth.I was at home at the time they claimed to have delivered it so where is my phone?They are charging me,and are not doing anything to solve the issue.Not sure what to do anymore.

OH MY GOD HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH IT, its disgusting!!I have been to the police, emailed the CEO of Three, Iv'e even emailed watchdog! I did speak to a citizens advice consumer advice line their number is 08454 040506, speak to them because the more people that complain the better. They suggested putting everything in writing and requesting that as you do NOT have the phone that they are in breach of contract and that you demand that they provide you with the phone as agreed and that they must do it by a certain date. If they do not do this phone citizens advice back they will have given you a case number to quote, they will then report them to trading standards.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS SO BADLY!........GOODLUCK

Are you prepaired to take them to court? If so, write a LBA stating that the contract was dependant on xxx handset that they sell for £xx, so if they fail to provide you with this handset you will take them to small claims court for this amount.

Good guide to a LBA here.

Three's registered address:-

HUTCHISON 3G UK LIMITED

STAR HOUSE 20

GRENFELL ROAD

MAIDENHEAD

BERKSHIRE

SL6 1EH

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

They claim that I signed for this parcel when I didn't,I feel like it's me against DPD and 3 Mobile.Is it worth taking them to court over it?The driver states he delivered it at my address and 3 mobile have already believed him!

Yet you havn't recieved it. My guess is until you start playing hardball they're just gonna keep saying "you have it". You've jumped thrugh their hoops for long enough. In your place I'd LBA and claim, then watch them try to jump thrugh hoops.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 month later...

So I got in touch with the Ombudsman and emailed 3's Executive office.One month later I receive a phone call from the Executive Office to say that DPD have confirmed to them that the phone had been delivered to my address...this is never ending,they don't believe me the customer...What to do now?

As long as you are still paying the bill I would LBA them then take it to court for the cost of the handset.

If you stop paying the bill they will black mark your credit file and it will be tough to get things corrected.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I'm sorry moisessilva to hear that DPD are still doing stuff like this!!

I know it's not exactly the same, but I had something similar with a Laptop that went away for repair & DPD delivered back to the wrong address (despite my ringing to get updates on repair etc) They even got it signed for as well!!

But if you stick with it as I did for nearly 6 months as I spoke to advisor after advisor, sent letters of complaint to CS. I was ignored at times & told it was my responsibility?? That made me mad so I addressed 6 letters of complaint (all the same) & sent them straight to the CEO's & any Directors names I found on Google for PC World.

In my 9 Page complaint (As you can imagine it listed calls, letters etc over the 6mths) I stated that DPD were responsible for any goods until they were delivered into the addressed recipient hands. I asked them to prove I signed for the Laptop, which they couldnt. It wasn't easy as they will fob you off I'm afraid but as long as you see it thru, hopefully they will back down. I never got my original Laptop back but I was more than compensated for its loss plus for my time & effort trying to fight this.

They also managed to get the Laptop back finally from where they delivered it too but it took them a few more months to do so.

Wishing you luck

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

I'm sorry moisessilva to hear that DPD are still doing stuff like this!!

I know it's not exactly the same, but I had something similar with a Laptop that went away for repair & DPD delivered back to the wrong address (despite my ringing to get updates on repair etc) They even got it signed for as well!!

But if you stick with it as I did for nearly 6 months as I spoke to advisor after advisor, sent letters of complaint to CS. I was ignored at times & told it was my responsibility?? That made me mad so I addressed 6 letters of complaint (all the same) & sent them straight to the CEO's & any Directors names I found on Google for PC World.

In my 9 Page complaint (As you can imagine it listed calls, letters etc over the 6mths) I stated that DPD were responsible for any goods until they were delivered into the addressed recipient hands. I asked them to prove I signed for the Laptop, which they couldnt. It wasn't easy as they will fob you off I'm afraid but as long as you see it thru, hopefully they will back down. I never got my original Laptop back but I was more than compensated for its loss plus for my time & effort trying to fight this.

They also managed to get the Laptop back finally from where they delivered it too but it took them a few more months to do so.

Wishing you luck

Going off on a tangent, but did the laptop hold your personal details? Did DPD compensate you for this?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Going off on a tangent, but did the laptop hold your personal details? Did DPD compensate you for this?

Hi Locutus,

That's the one thing thru all my experience that bugged me as everything from my banking to personal letters & even a list of passwords I'd kept hidden were on there!

PC World assured me that the Laptop was wiped clean when it was repaired. Now I cannot say for sure if it was or wasn't! But after they finally retrieved it back they told me it was broken up for parts. Even this I cannot say did or didn't happen, but I have changed everything just in case & touch wood never had any comeback from it.

It wasn't an easy or fair fight trying to get DPD made responsible, but I refused to let it go. It was only after I contacted all the top people at PC World that finally got me the right result! With some haggling of course lol.

Regards

One solicitor said I should stop paying the bill which I did.They supposedly black listed this phone as I never received yet they insist I pay for it.I just want my I Phone! Arghhh ....

A soliocitor recomended that? Check your credit file!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

One solicitor said I should stop paying the bill which I did.They supposedly black listed this phone as I never received yet they insist I pay for it.I just want my I Phone! Arghhh ....

Hi Moisessilva

What you need is letter trail, so to speak. Do what I did & gather all the letters you have sent & received along with noted phone calls you also made or received. Then set them out in a time line, starting from when DPD delivery driver got mr/Mrs anonymous to sign 4 your phone.

I.E.

01/12/12 DPD delivery signed by unknown

03/12/12 I (you that is) called phone company to see where it was. (include any names/reference numbers or departments you spoke with along with times if you have them)

05/12/12 spoke to DPD informed that phone was signed for by unknown etc etc

So this then gives you a time line off everything said & done so far. You will also need to get proof from DPD regarding the document unknown person signed to prove it wasn't yours. You will have to try & be calm but very firm with the companies involved here.

In my letters to the CEO's & Directors I fully placed the liability onto DPD, as it is their responsibility to make sure that the item (be it a laptop or phone etc) is signed for by the intended recipient that it's addressed for on the package. You can also say DPD should have asked for proof from the person signing that they are in fact that person, as otherwise 'Joe Bloggs' whose just knocked on my door asking for directions & then gone out my gate can then pretend their me. Along with a few other scenarios like this. As in fact something like this did happen with you.

You will have to keep calling & writing on a regular basis & document it all in your time line. Track down who the CEO's & Directors are & send each one a formal complaint letter stating your time line with all the proof. Tell them what you want done to resolve this matter once & for all.

I myself spent around 6 months chasing mine up. As my Laptop was bought for £1200 originally & after it went for repair DPD handed it over to a complete stranger who signed for it in their name!! Why the DPD driver didn't query this I'll never know. But I managed to get PC World to accept they were in the wrong & I got a phone call to apologise for what happened to me & for the run around I was given. They then awarded me compensation for the cost of the laptop & £50 on top for me. I refused this as it must have cost me that in phone calls alone over the 6 months!! So in the end I was given an extra £160 on top, which I agreed too as I wanted to draw a line under it all.

In future ill know next time to bypass CS as you get told different things by each person you speak too & instead go for the top off the chain.

Good luck & don't give up.

P.S. I also meant to say: Wow I'm shocked a Solicitor said this as Mobile Phone companies are notorious for destroying your Credit files!!

Personally I would have continued payment (stating I'm paying under dispute) & then got them all refunded once your complaint was sorted.

Regards

Hi

I would be writing to DPD and asking for a copy of their vetting procedures for their delivery drivers, the length of time that delivery driver has been employed by them, how many items have went missing/delivered to wrong addres by this delivery driver, a copy of the supposed signed delivery reciept with your signature and a copy (if the vehicle has tracking) of the vehicle tracking record for the day of delivery.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 1 month later...