can anyone go to a charity AGM

worksopalex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have asked a homeless charity where will the next AGM will be held.

They are not giving me any iformation as last time i asked them a question as i was working volunteer and i noticed they was giving dirty quilt away and was so shocked i asked them why when they had new ones what they have been given for free and was seeling in there shop...

so i asked them where is the AGM this year. i dont think they want me to go.

i want to go to this AGM, can they stop me from going as they are now a LMD company/charity?

Hello worksopalex, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

• 3 weeks later...

Voluntary associations should have an Articles of Association document which stipulates who can attend an AGM.. For our in-house management company, any flat owner may attend with their partner. For a charity, it might be only full-time members/employees or management can attend - only guessing - depends on their Articles. For your query I would refer this to a local manager.

Andy

If it is a Limited Company then only shareholders are invited. If a Charity then the AGM MUST be open to the public and the dated MUST be advertised. I would check their actual status with the Charity Commission, easy if you know their charity number,.

Hi

1. If it is a Limited Company Only - Then only Shareholders may attend the AGM.

2. If it is a Charity Only - Then the AGM is open to the Public.

3. If the Charity is a Limited Company - Then only Shareholders may attend AGM.

You need to check the Charities Constitution and Rules for attendance at AGM.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group