I have been issued an order for recovery PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

On the 08/06/2012 I was issued with a penalty charge notice in which I made a representation within 14 days as advised in the notice I received to take advantage of the 50% discount while my representation was being looked at, I called their office to ensure my representation had been received and I also received an automated response notifying me of receipt.

Three weeks later I was issued with a penalty charge notice of £195 and I was very surprised as I had no notification of rejection of my representation so I called their office. I spoke to an advisor and after a long time of being put on hold she told me that they had received my representation but it had not been scanned through that is why I was issued a £195 fine. She also told me that she has scanned it and she would be passing it on to the necessary personnels.

Two weeks later which is now today I have received a letter of 'Order for recovery - unpaid penalty charge' of £202. I still didn't receive any notification of rejection.

I would be grateful if anyone could help in advising me about my situation as I believe I did follow the necessary steps as advised and mistakes have been made on their part. Is there any chance of this fine being reduced to £65? What can I do?

I have posted this in another forum (welcome) as I couldn't remember how to post so you might see a duplicate. Thanks

Just to be clear you have only received the original PCN and then an Order for Recovery?

You have not received either the Notice to Owner or Charge Cerificate?

What was the PCN for?

I recieved a PCN on 08/06/12 of £65, I sent my representation and three weeks later I was sent a charge certificate of £195. I then called their office and explained that I had sent my representation and was told that it had not been scanned (maybe got missed out) but they had received it even though it took ages for the advisor to find it. She told me I would receive a notification of rejection or notification that my representation was successful which was not sent to me.

Instead today I have received an order for recovery of £202 and the PCN was for stopping within a junction box. I don't mind paying the £65 because this is all long winded but I do believe its unfair to pay £202 after I did follow the steps given in the original PCN.

Your advice would be helpful

You need to make a Statutory Declaration on the grounds that you made representations to the Local Authority but you did not receive a Notice of Rejection

Contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre Helpline.0845 704 5007.

See here also:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/northampton-bulk-centre/traffic-enforcement-centre/frequently-asked-questions